BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look like it's possible, given the way that it's permanently pinned behind the shoulders. And for how heavy the cape appears to be. Which is a shame because I've always loved the cape most when it acts as a fluid cloak of sorts.

They're all about Bruce/Batman, really. They just each approach the character in different ways. Begins is split pretty evenly between the two personas while Knight and Rises leans more on Batman and Bruce, respectively.

Not talking about screentime but story overall. Begins is all about Bruce becoming Batman. TDK is all about the Mob, Joker, dirty cops, Dent etc. and Rises is really about Bruce, trying to get back into living life.

Not talking about screentime but story overall. Begins is all about Bruce becoming Batman. TDK is all about the Mob, Joker, dirty cops, Dent etc. and Rises is really about Bruce, trying to get back into living life.

I've always thought TDK to be about Batman's affects on the city. So everything with the mob and Joker and Dent are really just the larger consequences of Bruce/Batman's actions, which in turn come back around as story devices to further develop him at the center of it all. Specifically with Joker as his complete opposite, the negative impact, and Dent as the (initially) positive, fraternal impact. Rises has a lot going on about legacy with Batman as well as with Bruce.

But this is getting kind of off topic.

That was a good listen, even if it may not all be true.

I need to hear more about his martial arts skills and how they were acquired. Perhaps this won't be addressed in the film, though.

No. The movie isn't about those factors. They are plot devices.

TDK is literally about the cause and effect of The Batman vigilante on Gotham. It is all about Batman. More so than any previous movie. Or following. He has more screen time in the suit in TDK than any of the previous films as well. He's Batman through out.

Begins is more operatic in approach but it's the story of Bruce Wayne. He doesn't don the costume until a little over mid way through and isn't technically the rounded version of the character until his final scene with Gordon and his declaration of war on crime. Losing Rachel to his double life, etc. Thus, Batman ... BEGINS.

Just because a movie had strong performances and features iconic Batman antagonists doesn't mean the narrative or theme isn't Batman focused. Batman 89 literally focused more on Jack Napier. TDK is all about Batman.

My biggest question is will the cape be a glider like in the Arkham games? I really hope so, I love that newerish addition to the Batman mythology and I think it should be standard.

In the trailers when he crashes through the window, it looks a lot like he's gliding.

I definitely hope to see a little bit of cape-gliding with this Batman.

I know we're definitely going to see a lot more grapple-gun action than we've ever seen before, which I'm super pumped for.

In the trailers when he crashes through the window, it looks a lot like he's gliding.

Oh yeah!
tmIq6E.gif

Interestingly enough, I’ve gotten the impression Snyder’s giving us a more traditional Batman in that regard. Which is to say the gliding magic cape will be excised, and a return to form (and cinematic debut) of a Batman who travels by grapnel. Not as flashy, but I can’t help but get excited at the imagery of swinging between skyscrapers.

We saw it in TDKT. Does that count? :p

I like the combo of grapnel and gliding.

We saw it in TDKT. Does that count? :p
Batman swinging through buildings as transportation? When?

My preference as well. Especially considering this is a Batman that needs to keep up with the Justice League.

Whether it be swinging or gliding, he's never going to be fast enough to catch up with any one of the Leaguers. That's what the plane is for.

There's still Green Lantern you know. :o

[YT]aaP-UzpxdHo[/YT]
Batman hitching a ride on anyone has always been the strangest thing to see. Whether it be in the books, animation, or even live-action (if it happens). I've never pictured Batman being alright with it, like how some guys refuse to sit with another male motorcycle driver and clasp from behind. :o

Seriously how do you implement a Youtube video here?
Just insert the alphanumeric after the "watch?v=". Full URL isn't required.

I would call it a "jump-glide", since it is a jump that translates into a glide before he hits the window.

I would call it a "jump-glide", since it is a jump that translates into a glide before he hits the window.

I don't think there's any gliding involved - he jumps, and the cape fans out in the aesthetically pleasing shape we see in the comics all the time.

Incidentally, I love the part (in the trailer) where the thug hit's the back of Batman's neck/cowl and sparks fly off as the metal hits... very nice little touch shows it's armoured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"