BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - - - - Part 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I love how sleek and beautiful the gauntlets are in this costume. I was afraid they were gonna go the way of the bulky, busy, overdesigned things from Arkham City.

Last edited:
I can see maybe how some who like the more unitard-type suit (some people have called the "pajama style") wouldnt like what Snyder has brought to BvS, but I feel that both suits are a pretty great representation of the characters. The musculature isnt as outlandish as it can appear in the comics, so Im not sure why some have such an issue with it. Both actors bulked up for their roles and dont look too off from their suits. I can see Batfleck as maybe being more of a stretch with the size of the pecs, but even then there is probably more armor in the area to protect his chest. If we had gotten a more Alex Ross looking suit, people would have been REALLY dissapointed! I can just hear the complaints...

I can see maybe how some who like the more unitard-type suit (some people have called the "pajama style") wouldnt like what Snyder has brought to BvS, but I feel that both suits are a pretty great representation of the characters. The musculature isnt as outlandish as it can appear in the comics, so Im not sure why some have such an issue with it. Both actors bulked up for their roles and dont look too off from their suits. I can see Batfleck as maybe being more of a stretch with the size of the pecs, but even then there is probably more armor in the area to protect his chest. If we had gotten a more Alex Ross looking suit, people would have been REALLY dissapointed! I can just hear the complaints...

I don't think people object to the muscles (or muscle shaped armour) themselves, rather how much they show through the suit.

It IS kind of ridiculous. They obviously went out of their way to ensure that ALL muscle detail shows through the suit. Which kind of implies that Bruce Wayne cared enough to do the same thing. That's not how stretch fabric over muscles usually looks.

I still love how the suit looks, but a smoother, less defined look would be more restrained and "realistic". But obviously Snyder wanted that heightened look.

I mean, as muscular as Cavill's Supes looks, his suit doesn't hug every contour nearly as much as Affleck's does.

Who said anything about unitard-type of suit?

I don't think people object to the muscles (or muscle shaped armour) themselves, rather how much they show through the suit.

It IS kind of ridiculous. They obviously went out of their way to ensure that ALL muscle detail shows through the suit. Which kind of implies that Bruce Wayne cared enough to do the same thing. That's not how stretch fabric over muscles usually looks.

I still love how the suit looks, but a smoother, less defined look would be more restrained and "realistic". But obviously Snyder wanted that heightened look.

I mean, as muscular as Cavill's Supes looks, his suit doesn't hug every contour nearly as much as Affleck's does.

Yep. To me, it really looks like Frank Miller's TDKR suit in the style of Jim Lee.

Part of my reaction to the MOS suit was surprise at how far Snyder went with it. Even having vasculature to be shown. The BvS is more-or-less the same with a bit more shading it seems. This Batsuit just takes things to another level. Not feeling that aspect of it. Simple as that.

Sculpted musculature probably helps with the whole "creature" aesthetic.

Who said anything about unitard-type of suit?

Well I guess that may have been a wrong assumption on my part since thats what I think of when I see Alex Ross' art or Batman 66 images. Maybe these suits would be more appreciated if they had dialed back the muscle definition a bit, but Im just glad we got such a great version post Nolan. I think its a great leap away from the Nolan armor. I just cant wait to see George Miller's Batman concept art!

Well I guess that may have been a wrong assumption on my part since thats what I think of when I see Alex Ross' art or Batman 66 images. Maybe these suits would be more appreciated if they had dialed back the muscle definition a bit, but Im just glad we got such a great version post Nolan. I think its a great leap away from the Nolan armor. I just cant wait to see George Miller's Batman concept art!

Yeah, it's like when some fans for years were saying they wanted a Batsuit that looked more like the comics, but other fans would assume that meant they were asking for spandex ala West. It was just a matter of time and budget. The Snyder suit shows that it can be done, even though I don't fully like all the choices made for it. I'd imagine a future Batsuit will follow his lead though.

Based on Hammer's description, I keep imagining a suit that would be the most "real" and "tactical" suit we've seen in live-action. Like if you lost the major aspects that scream "Batman" like the cowl, symbol, and gauntlets, it'd look like something SWAT could use. But, that's just my take on Hammer's words. Just have to wait and see about all that.

In terms of what? Batman? Easily.

In terms of general superhero costuming? I would hold Reeve's costume, Cavil's costume, Deadpool, ASM 2 Spider-man, and Iron Man's suits to be as good.

In terms of general superhero costuming? I would hold Reeve's costume, Cavil's costume, Deadpool, ASM 2 Spider-man, and Iron Man's suits to be as good.

All of the above are great.

It is certainly the best superhero costume yet.

It is certainly the best superhero costume yet.

deadpool.jpg

Yeah, that looks absurd to me, which I have been told is the point. But I don't think they can therefore be compared- Kick Ass would probably win in that category.

That's fine, though I think Spiderman's costume is much easier to design, as he has a lean, wiry physique that is perfectly well represented by any tight fabric.

That's fine, though I think Spiderman's costume is much easier to design, as he has a lean, wiry physique that is perfectly well represented by any tight fabric.

Well we can agree to disagree. :yay:

much easier to design? who cares about whether it's easy to design or not.
it's about ability and execution.

In that department, the new Batman suit is the clear winner. It has everything in it. Sure, it costs a fortune, but who cares? First of all, Bruce Wayne is rich enough, second of all, would we really want a movie that saw production saving money on the key important part; the suit?

I like spiderman as a concept. It's fun and it's ok. I have not yet seen a single spiderman movie that really does the character justice, i hate all of those movies.

But the spiderman suit is nothing but a tight pullover to hide the identity. It has nothing extra, bar the webshooters if you count that in.

A lean phyique is nice if you wanna go swing around and do some parkour. It does not however radiate any strenght.

Even if 'spidey' has superhuman strenght through the spider 'dna', he doesn't look strong or powerfull.

I'd like to see Snyder have a go at spidey and see where that would go.

much easier to design? who cares about whether it's easy to design or not.
it's about ability and execution.

In that department, the new Batman suit is the clear winner. It has everything in it. Sure, it costs a fortune, but who cares? First of all, Bruce Wayne is rich enough, second of all, would we really want a movie that saw production saving money on the key important part; the suit?

I like spiderman as a concept. It's fun and it's ok. I have not yet seen a single spiderman movie that really does the character justice, i hate all of those movies.

But the spiderman suit is nothing but a tight pullover to hide the identity. It has nothing extra, bar the webshooters if you count that in.

A lean phyique is nice if you wanna go swing around and do some parkour. It does not however radiate any strenght.

Even if 'spidey' has superhuman strenght through the spider 'dna', he doesn't look strong or powerfull.

I'd like to see Snyder have a go at spidey and see where that would go.
Agreed. Great post.

Sculpted musculature probably helps with the whole "creature" aesthetic.

This. It looks that much more organic. It's really not that complicated. Batman designed his suit to look intimidating. One thing that intimidates is a big, strong muscular look.

Even Spiderman 2 ? I mean, I understand what you mean that none of the movies have quite captured the character (much like Batman), but Spiderman 2 is arguably one of the greatest superhero films made.

Based on Hammer's description, I keep imagining a suit that would be the most "real" and "tactical" suit we've seen in live-action. Like if you lost the major aspects that scream "Batman" like the cowl, symbol, and gauntlets, it'd look like something SWAT could use. But, that's just my take on Hammer's words. Just have to wait and see about all that.

Wouldn't the TDK suit fit that description?

I agree, all of those costumes are awesome, I'd add Raimi Spidey, post-TWS Captain America, and Thor to the list. The new Batsuit is brilliant, but it's just another in a slew of great superhero costumes.

This. It looks that much more organic. It's really not that complicated. Batman designed his suit to look intimidating. One thing that intimidates is a big, strong muscular look.

I agree completely, and it's simply more aesthetically pleasing imo.

Wouldn't the TDK suit fit that description?

Not exactly. Yeah, based on Hammer's description and what the TDK suit ended up being, they both wouldn't have reminded me of Batman if they lost the major features.

To me the TDK suit isn't very practical, in a real world sense. So, from that point of view, what Hammer described sounded like it would've been to me. At least more so than the TDK suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"