BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new suit and cowl, but I am a big fan of The Dark Knight Returns so it was poised to gel with me anyway. Sharper ears? Slimmer neck? Naaah its perfect to me as is. Love the siluete and all as well as the details (as posted by Casval above and his pictures).

Also, Affleck has the kind of face I preffer for Batman; I like that he has a stronger jaw and chin, but not super defined and cut, I don't see Batman that way, not imposing to me. Bale looked kinda off IMO as Bruce and Bats on his second and third movie. For those saying he had an "angular" face I say, what? In some shots he looked kinda gaunt and emaciated..far from angular and cut, in fact, that is a better term for Val Kilmer in his Batman Forever days.

In short, I am supper happy with having a 6'3 bulky Batman with strong jaw/chin...coupled with a gray and black (mostly Fabric) suit, as a comic book fan I think I waited too long for it.

I love the new suit and cowl, but I am a big fan of The Dark Knight Returns so it was poised to gel with me anyway. Sharper ears? Slimmer neck? Naaah its perfect to me as is. Love the siluete and all as well as the details (as posted by Casval above and his pictures).

Also, Affleck has the kind of face I preffer for Batman; I like that he has a stronger jaw and chin, but not super defined and cut, I don't see Batman that way, not imposing to me. Bale looked kinda off IMO as Bruce and Bats on his second and third movie. For those saying he had an "angular" face I say, what? In some shots he looked kinda gaunt and emaciated..far from angular and cut, in fact, that is a better term for Val Kilmer in his Batman Forever days.

In short, I am supper happy with having a 6'3 bulky Batman with strong jaw/chin...coupled with a gray and black (mostly Fabric) suit, as a comic book fan I think I waited too long for it.

Me, too. Although, I would describe Bale's face in TDK/TDKR as angular, it's not the kind of angular I prefer for Batman.

The closer the camera is to it, the better it looks. From further away on the other hand it looks kinda off.

NE4uNS90gyHx7a_4_b.jpg

In this shot his face/head area reminds me of my cat. But whatever, he sold me on his performance so I'm gonna try to get used to the slight offness. Wont be too hard I guess, the suit looks great in most shots anyway

To each their own. To me, the suit and especially the cowl, looked perfect in the trailer. But I am a big fan of Jim Lee's bulky Batman, so it's not a surprise I'm happy with this.

Two modified pictures (just made to appreciate the details) from the high bitrate trailer :

1449239576-vlcsnap-2015-12-04-15h08m44s043.jpg

1449239595-vlcsnap-2015-12-04-15h08m44s0434.jpg

Beautiful.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also like the bulky neck. I loved it on the "Batman Begins" cowl (my second favorite to Affleck's) and I love it here. It's no wonder it reminds me of that, though because they also tried to make the neck movable with some air pockets in it, they just didn't succeed for BB. I'm pretty sure it's a similar thing here, only this time it worked.

Also, not just that it adds to the bestiality, but it kinda reminds me of heavyweight boxers who need to bulk up the neck so they can withstand the hits.

Yeah, I love the BB cowl, too. The panther neck looked good on Bale.

any link to the high bitrate or 4k trailer, i can't find it, all i find is a trailer that's 3d and when i try to download it they are 2 screens together.

To each their own. To me, the suit and especially the cowl, looked perfect in the trailer. But I am a big fan of Jim Lee's bulky Batman, so it's not a surprise I'm happy with this.

No I didn't mean I disliked bulky Batman, and I love this suit when the camera is closer to it. The head just has an odd bloated look when the camera is further away from it. Probably because the mouth hole size and shape doesn't look like it's designed for the boxy shape of the cowl. The original dark knight returns suit does have a big and boxy mouth opening

Batman-The%20Dark%20Knight%20Returns%20Part%201.jpg

I know that real people dont have chins like that. But that's why I feel they should've modified the whole cowl with that in mind, not just the mouth opening. Nothing wrong with other people liking the design choices. I just don't personally think it's perfection

So now I'm hearing complaints about the perma-scowl on the mask giving Affleck a pseudo-surprised look. So yeah... :whatever:

The only thing I would change about the suit, is to put an oval instead of the black bat, but that's just a preference thing. I still like the black bat, I would just like the oval to come back.

Has anyone done a good manip of an oval on the suit yet? I know I haven't seen any.

I'm hoping for the yellow oval, slightly longer ears and a slimmer/less bulky Bat-Fleck for the solo film.

If only for variety sake.

I feel that something like this, with the yellow oval, would look great in the solo film...

rswh1i.jpg

2h4f0g6.jpg

What do you think are the main material differences in the Batman suit and the Black Panther suit?

1449104904_307987_1449104984_album_normal.jpg

They're probably made out of similar materials. It's the mesh woven into the Panther suit that makes it look like more than textured cloth/spandex/generic stretchy material.

Ugh, I really hope they want to go for yellow oval. I don't like that thing at all. Besides, batsymbol is obviously another layer of protection, oval would have to be huge to offer as much protection as current bat does.

The only thing I would change about the suit, is to put an oval instead of the black bat, but that's just a preference thing. I still like the black bat, I would just like the oval to come back.

Has anyone done a good manip of an oval on the suit yet? I know I haven't seen any.

Just for fun, I'd like to see a manip with slightly longer ears on the cowl.

Quick! Someone turn on the batsignal for IFriedRice! :oldrazz:

Another shot from the aforementioned scene, also using the high bitrate trailer. However, instead of modifying the contrast, I simply just brightened the image up some more to get a better look at the point of separation between the bottom of the chin and neck.

w6iBPxQ.png

I am not hearing robot. At all.

Not unless he's in the mechsuit.

All the dialogue Batman speaks in the trailer is modulated. It kinda bites; I'd rather hear Affleck's performance.

I love both the Batman and Black Panther suits, but as incredible as the new Batsuit is I think I'd give the edge to the BP suit (IF it looks as good on film as it does in the promo pic).

Main reason being that I like the sleeker build much more, and I have some very minor complaints about the Batsuit (a bit overboard with the rubber muscle, cowl mouth opening is far from flattering). I think they're even from the neck down, and the BP suit is better from the neck up.

I love, love, love the materials both suits are made of. Thank god we've moved away from the black rubber suit days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"