BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - - - - - Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not talking about that bit. I meant the actual mouth opening, the edges of it are quite thick, I feel like it could have looked better if when it met his face if was thinned about

CNJNQs2UkAAcP6k.jpg

Not talking about that bit. I meant the actual mouth opening, the edges of it are quite thick, I feel like it could have looked better if when it met his face if was thinned about

Oh, I follow what you're saying now. I'm okay with the texture as is, though.

I wish the mouth opening wasn't as thick. I feel like if it was thinner it would be a lot better.

It's downright paper-thin compared to what we had in 1989! We've come a long way.

Maybe if it was thinner it would look better, but it has to be a certain thickness just for durability's sake. You can't exactly have the painted-on look most comics artists give it. Unless you go the full prosthetic route, I guess.

haha absolutely, the 89 one was hilarious.
But they could have had the whole cowl the same thickness, but one it gets closer to the opening it thins out.

It's downright paper-thin compared to what we had in 1989! We've come a long way.

Maybe if it was thinner it would look better, but it has to be a certain thickness just for durability's sake. You can't exactly have the painted-on look most comics artists give it. Unless you go the full prosthetic route, I guess.

Wonder why they didn't just roll or taper the edge when the sculpted the opening?

Maybe when trimming it they felt it was easier?

Shouldn't be an issue. Maybe it is to reinforce the "home made" aspect of the Bat materials?

I heard Bruce built the Bat-mobile all by himself? or at least repairs it...changes the oil etc...

Well from the pics of the mobile inside it, it looks like it's home made, lots of different parts from different vehicles.

Indeed.

Time to revive this thread with this awesome art depicting the new Batsuit.

oWN19SG.jpg

Poor guy in the back left, trying to hit batman with his gun.

What's one of Nolan's thug henchmen doing in there?

Now, now, if that was one of Nolan's thug henchman, he'd already be falling over.

Sooo, the costume for at least the next two Batman appearances is done and dusted, and a fine one it is, but there's still far more than one way to skin a bat, and I'd certainly be open to variations in style in future movies (even if it's in a future reboot rather than Affleck)

I came across this version in a Batman Black & White comic and I really love it. It has a couple of aspects that I'd thought about but never was sure if I'd like or not - shoulder pads, and a harnessy thing attacked to the cape. Both kind of Paul-Pope-y Ideas.

This is also the first appearance of an idea that we came up with on these very forums over a decade ago: the "trunks-as harness" idea, in an official Batman comic, and I quite like it.

The under-arm gun holsters I can take or leave (I'm pretty sure they're just for his grappling guns) but it gives him a cool "The Shadow type feel.

I know some people will have problems with the slight variations from the traditional, but I like the more tactical look, and even some or all of these tweaks over the existing Batfleck batsuit would look pretty cool to me.
That 'harness' concept goes way back to manips posted here back in the day... came across something similar recently:

c9f9f698247b09b7e0a0ccf02879d09e.jpg

... always kinda liked the look of it.

That 'harness' concept goes way back to manips posted here back in the day... came across something similar recently:

Where is that from, eh?

I always love the suits where he has a holster on his leg for his grapple gun

People PROBABLY got the harness idea from the harness in Begins, before he cuts it off the belt. But the main twist on the idea that was come up with here was to "fill in" the area between the belt and leg-loops with a supporting fabric, hence creating the "trunks". And while I've seen quite a few drawings of Batsuits with regular-looking harnesses, the one I posted a few pages back is the only one I've ever seen that uses the "filled in" concept.

I know it's the kind of idea that could be arrived at independently, but I wonder if that artist (of the comic I posted) was ever around these parts and got the idea from that?

The pic you posted is pretty great, imagine if the animated movies could look like that.

This was my favorite Batman design that utilized a harness/leg strap:

1600x900_14094_Batman_design_3d_character_batman_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

I'm still waiting for a Batfleck image that pulls from this type of pic. You know they have some sitting around. :hmr::hmr::hmr:

That's great, I really do love Batman with leg straps and combat boots. It gives him a very utilitarian vibe as opposed to wearing a superhero costume. I love the flashpoint skin in AK for this very reason.

xnalara___batman_arkham_knight___flashpoint_by_caplagrobin-d90a35b.jpg

Also why I'm excited to see this on film:
_1436811569.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"