BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

:funny:

Oh, and I forgot "seasoned". Salt, pepper and a touch of chili powder...

Just how Ozzy likes his bats:

ozzy-bat.jpg

When you put it this way.... I kinda start to salivate. :woot:

Though there's that whole "tired" and "weary" aspect, so this Batman might not be on top of his game after all.
when I hear of the tired and weary part, it makes me think of the film unforgiven with clint eastwood..he was kinda tired and weary at the beginning as well but he was even worse than before when all was said and done.

He thought it was a rubber toy bat, so he decapitated it.

But it wasn't.

when I hear of the tired and weary part, it makes me think of the film unforgiven with clint eastwood..he was kinda tired and weary at the beginning as well but he was even worse than before when all was said and done.

Great comparison! :up:

And that's similar to the way I find it should be. He might be struggling here and there, but it will just make him push himself more toward being better and probably have a play in him being more brutal with age. Or as Roven has put it, "very rough".

Batman as a character usually has a hard time acknowledging and accepting his own limits, so I easily see him being even more effective, despite his somewhat deteriorated mental and physical state that comes with decades of being Batman. Actually, exactly in spite of it.

I can't help but think how badazz THIS Batman COULD be.
Just think, we will get a Batman that has been doing his thing for 10+ years, so he makes No rookie mistakes, he knows how to break a criminals spirit with ease to get the info he needs.
( and hopefully he has the detective skills of a sherlock holmes ).
He will know how to fight so well that it will look like art/poetry in motion, and above all else, he has pretty much seen it all, ie, the joker, riddler, etc etc, so he remains calm even when standing in the face of an ''alien god''.... ( thats if they get his character right )

Oh lawdy yes...

I dunno guys, after seeing the Arkham games' batarangs, I can't go back to any others, those are darn perfect.
Look at this damn beauty!
medium.PNG

What are the holes for? It kind of throws the aesthetic off.

To be more lightweight perhaps?

But most probably, they simply saw combat knives with those holes and decided to add them when designing the batarang without knowing their actual purpose.

On knives, a hole is usually for cutting and bending wires and they're sometimes there (for throwing knives, mostly) to make knife to be easier to grip.

$_12.JPG

anglo-arms-3-piece-throwing-knife-style-1-6842-p.jpg

Last edited:
I'm betting he wears a super lite weight material thats pretty much bullet/knife/fire proof, so no need need for armor.
Afterall, he IS bruce wayne, one of the richest men on the planet. If he doesnt have some sorta research dept they can come up with something like that then something is wrong.

I dunno guys, after seeing the Arkham games' batarangs, I can't go back to any others, those are darn perfect.
Look at this damn beauty!
medium.PNG

Like most of the video game designs, I don't like it much.

I have to agree with regwec here. Batarang is too big and overdesigned a bit.

I always liked the suit, but I never understood why they had to give him those bulky bracers and greaves. A simple leather boots and gloves would work so much better.

I like smaller, shuriken-like Batarangs much better. Seem more practical, dangerous, and aesthetic. I've never been a fan of the big boomerang style Batarangs.

647_Batman__Gotham_Knight_Screenshot.jpg

tdkr_pt2_the-law.jpeg

Oh, yeah! :up:

I absolutely love those small batarangs, especially since he can throw several of them at once.

I don't mind him having a somewhat bigger boomerang-like ones, but he should definitely have these small ones too.

I have to agree with regwec here. Batarang is too big and overdesigned a bit.

I always liked the suit, but I never understood why they had to give him those bulky bracers and greaves. A simple leather boots and gloves would work so much better.

I don't get how they're overdesigned. They are pretty simple. I hope we see multiple batarangs like the smaller ones used in TDKR but also ones like in the Arkham games.

I thought the bracers/greaves were okay in Asylum/City, but they just went full ****** with the ones in Origins. His whole body was weird in that game, looked way to short and stubby.
latest

I think the actual suit design was good (apart from the gauntlets and boots), but his ridiculous proportions ruined it. A sleeker, less armored version would have been very nice.

The cowl is still gorgeous though.
arkham-origins-cowl-arkham-origins.jpg-155973d1366052660

I love the arkham origins cowl, thats how the Nolan cowl should've looked

Does this mean you don't like this suit?
BATMAN-ARKHAM-ASYLUM-PS3.jpg

What's to like about it specifically? It's just Tim Sale's Batsuit with a bunch of rivets and puffy boots and gloves, stretched like a condom over a shaved gorilla.

What's to like about it specifically? It's just Tim Sale's Batsuit with a bunch of rivets and puffy boots and gloves, stretched like a condom over a shaved gorilla.
:lmao:

I don't get how they're overdesigned. They are pretty simple. I hope we see multiple batarangs like the smaller ones used in TDKR but also ones like in the Arkham games.

I thought the bracers/greaves were okay in Asylum/City, but they just went full ****** with the ones in Origins. His whole body was weird in that game, looked way to short and stubby.
latest

I find those holes and that circle/button in the middle (I guess it unfolds the batarang) to be a bit too much.

And it's not just the size of greaves and bracers, I don't like the idea of Batman wearing metal plates on arms and legs. For someone who's modus operandi consists of stealth and mobility it is a strange choice to have those huge chunks of metal. And they're also ugly as hell. But you're right, they made them even worse in Arkham: Origins along with the suit. Though the cowl from AO is one of my favorites.

To be fair, that's Batman at his beginning. Makes sense that he'd have a rough, jumbled suit with pieces of armor here and there. The logical conclusion is that he discovered or invented the fabric material of the other Arkham suits which probably gave him as much protection while being lighter and more flexible.

Why do his wrists and shins bear the burden of his rookie paranoia? Are his vitals found there, with his mutant gorilla physiology?

@Chip - Surprisingly, the Origins cowl is my least favourite of the games.

@Reg - What's to not like about it though? Sure it's simple but simple is a nice change of pace imo. hahahaah I'm gonna ignore the gorilla condom comment.

@Wolf - Ah I get ya. But yeah it unfold the batarang, I like that. The reason the bracers look like that though is because they are basically his computer too, which is cool. I do prefer the "normal" boots look too.

@Hafizbat - I get that he would wear a more armour like suit, but it's just the proportions that annoy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"