BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Material-wise, it looks perfect. But some design choices are ****.
I like it better than the new one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quite the opposite for me, really. As straight as a design you can get and I like that about it, but that shiny-dominatrix type of material is huge yuck.

The main problem I had with Affleck's DD costume was the weid half-cowl swimming cap thing. If they'd found a way to make it a full head thing it would have been fine. Yeah, I would have preferred some kind of fabric over all leather, but the suit itself was pretty sweet.

But yeah I really like Cox's lenses. Best implementation of them so far.

...very hard to sneak up and be stealthy wearing leather. Very noisy material and should be reserved for Catwoman, Batgirl, WW. Is that sexist...or just sexy ist?

Only real problem I had with Affleck's DD suit was the use of leather.

A gif of Cox's DD suit. Check out the cowl...

Red suit.

giphy.gif

...very hard to sneak up and be stealthy wearing leather. Very noisy material and should be reserved for Catwoman, Batgirl, WW. Is that sexist...or just sexy ist?
You're talking about the plausibility of being stealthy while talking about a blind person?

Last edited:
A gif of Cox's DD suit. Check out the cowl...

Suit looks rather good actually, if a bit too busy. I still don't like the cowl much and how those horns seem to be flat on one side, but for TV series, it looks very good. I definitely like it more than a Flash suit.

Suit looks rather good actually, if a bit too busy. I still don't like the cowl much and how those horns seem to be flat on one side, but for TV series, it looks very good. I definitely like it more than a Flash suit.

That gif actually helps me like it a bit more. I don't like the black material on the jawline and neck area of the cowl, but I kind of understand it (flexible, etc.), but the rest of the cowl I don't mind. Even the more stylized horns they went with aren't that bad. As several have said, not bad for a tv series.

I actually like those black parts and how they break the red/burgundy color a bit, but I understand your sentiment.

Also, he doesn't look all that much devilish, as it is clearly a guy in some sort of body armor, but it does retain the devil-like aesthetic. It seems fitting for a more grounded take, which I believe was the idea.

I actually like those black parts and how they break the red/burgundy color a bit, but I understand your sentiment.

Also, he doesn't look all that much devilish, as it is clearly a guy in some sort of body armor, but it does retain the devil-like aesthetic. It seems fitting for a more grounded take, which I believe was the idea.

I agree with this for sure. Very practically made in that world from what it looks like. I haven't had the time to start the Netflix Daredevil series, but plan on it soon!

So whats everyones thoughts on the rumored gold highlights of the suit?

Apparently there are gold highlights on his knuckles, toes and gauntlet blades.

cosplayers are already adapting this look.

11131982_962557197101955_1191946943_n.jpg

Apparently the information comes from insiders at Rubies, who have gotten production images and a full copy of the suit for their products.

11128920_962818510409157_709590593_n.jpg

This particular cosplayer does not want to comment on the gold highlights. So he knows something, or is completely BSing. ITs too specific to make up out of thin air...

if anyone knows anymore about this, speak up! or spread the word, maybe someone can give us some info!

That shade works better but still find the fins being bronze to be completley gaudy.

You're talking about the plausibility of being stealthy while talking about a blind person?

...I was actually speaking in general super hero costume terms. Leather is noisy.

And as for DD being blind...how does the fact of Him being blind affect His need to be stealthy and quiet to sneak up on the bad guys? :sly:

And wouldn't a noisy suit interfere with his super sonar hearing and confuse him...don't you think? :cwink:

Last edited:
It could grow on me, I guess, but I don't see the point of it being brass colored instead of painted black. I get the point of the material if it were real to be made of that, with the brass knuckles and everything. But for a movie costume? :shrug:

I hope they handle that diaper area of the Batman suit better than the cosplay versions.

The real one looks like he wears the belt lower.

Looks like they are packing a load. And not in a good way...

I could get behind the knuckles and toes being a dark bronze, but not the fins. Maybe if it was just the edges of them. I think it just looks too showy, and brings Schumacher's Batman and Robin to mind.

...I was actually speaking in general super hero costume terms. Leather is noisy.

And as for DD being blind...how does the fact of Him being blind affect His need to be stealthy and quiet to sneak up on the bad guys? :sly:

And wouldn't a noisy suit interfere with his super sonar hearing and confuse him...don't you think? :cwink:
xkQxx8i.gif

So whats everyones thoughts on the rumored gold highlights of the suit?

Apparently there are gold highlights on his knuckles, toes and gauntlet blades.

cosplayers are already adapting this look.

11131982_962557197101955_1191946943_n.jpg

Apparently the information comes from insiders at Rubies, who have gotten production images and a full copy of the suit for their products.

11128920_962818510409157_709590593_n.jpg

This particular cosplayer does not want to comment on the gold highlights. So he knows something, or is completely BSing. ITs too specific to make up out of thin air...

if anyone knows anymore about this, speak up! or spread the word, maybe someone can give us some info!

There will be no gold. The belt is black.

People who have seen the suit at SDCC said that the belt is black or very dark bronze.

Either way, not bright bronze or gold.

As for the bronze fins, I just don't see it happening. Maybe edges, but not the entire fins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"