BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man...i gotta get the **** outta this thread before I stab something...someone tell me when this **** is over
I'm sure someone will remember to invite you back when the ********** starts again.

I will shamelessly admit that I love seeing big muscles on my superheroes. I realize that it's not the most mature or subtle thing about these movies, but I won't act like I don't like seeing these exaggerated physiques.

While part of it may be because I am a young male who still has boyish tastes, I think there is a justifiable reason for making these heroes so big. I see it akin to Greek Mythology, if you look at the statues and depictions of deities you'll see that they too had these exaggerated physiques.

I see superheroes as the modern mythology, and giving them such ridiculous physiques adds to their physical presence, imo. Comic books are pretty much power fantasy, and these CBMs are the same thing translated to movies. I think most people like seeing larger than life characters. We love spectacle, we love seeing these super-attractive, super-smart, super-fit characters do these incredible feats or go on awesome adventures. Aesthetics are a big part of why we like watching these movies, or at least this type of movie, imo. It's obviously different for different types of movies, but I think it fits the CBM genre well.

I most definitely prefer this to Routh's Superman or Maguire's Spider-Man, physically speaking. I'm thrilled that everything is looking like it's comic book art come to life these days, and I'm grateful to Marvel and Snyder for that.

What's wrong with Maguire's physique? Spider-man always stood out as having looked different from most superheroes with their greek-god physiques. I thought Raimi Spidey's faithfully reproduced the classic Ditko look.

002.jpg

A lot of great discussion over the past few pages, there are too many good posts to quote. I will say that I definitely agree that the classic looks of these characters aren't necessarily always superior, and being more "comic-accurate" isn't always a good thing.

I know I always laud things for being more comic-accurate, but it's really only for things that I like better from the comics. For example, I simply love the classic Batman design which is why I'm thrilled to finally see it in live action. Same goes for Spider-Man, but it's not always the case.

It's also blasphemous to say things like Nolan's Batman or the TDK Batsuit "isn't Batman". That's just plain silly, because he IS Batman and therefore he does look like Batman. It's just a version you're not partial to. Same goes for any of the previous cinematic Batmans, whether it's their looks or their characterizations.

It reminds me of a news story I heard in recent years about a boy defiling some ancient Egyptian piece of art that was thousands of years old. I'm fuzzy on the details, but here's the part that resonated with me. Everyone was furious that the kid had ruined this relic of the past, that he had defiled history. But the someone said, "No, he just added to it." and I really liked that. I look at all the past cinematic Batsuits the same way, or really anything done with these comic characters.

What's wrong with Maguire's physique? Spider-man always stood out as having looked different from most superheroes with their greek-god physiques. I thought Raimi Spidey's faithfully reproduced the classic Ditko look.

002.jpg

You're right, Spidey doesn't look like a greek god, but I don't think he looked like Spidey either. Well, he was actually perfect in the first two movies, but in SM3 Tobey looked like a complete regular Joe, which I didn't like. But yeah, he was great in the first two, and Raimi's overall presentation of Spider-Man is near perfect in my eyes.

Spidey fans are lucky. They got a near perfect costume right out of the gate.

You mean, you'd prefer that Batman wear practical-looking clothes instead of a costume?
Would be pretty curious to see if Snyder and DC would survive such a thing.
'teh gritty, practical' and all that.

For someone who is meant to represent the peak human human condition (or at least close to it), there is absolutely nothing unrealistic or exaggerated about the musculature of his suit. Walk into any big gym or fitness center and you will see dozens of people with similar physiques, and that's not including the roided-out juiceheads who look even bigger than this.

I'm a little baffled by the Schumacher comparisons. Yes, both suits utilize some form of artificial musculature, but this is like comparing apples to oranges.

1433013516-2925fb1d00000578-3101175-image-m-5-1432831599501.jpg

If you don't see the level of ridiculousness I see when looking at that suit, that's fine.

The only thing I don't like about the suit is the symbol. I get that it's a TDKR thing, but I will always prefer the more slender symbols. I wonder how the batarang is gonna look. Hopefully not modelled after that symbol.

Would be pretty curious to see if Snyder and DC would survive such a thing.
'teh gritty, practical' and all that.

They would not survive that.

Even Earth's most advanced technology wouldn't be able to locate their infintesimal remains if they dared to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"