BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of Catwoman's suit and Joker's suit, all of the costumes in the Nolan series was a flop. Mainly because they tried waaay to hard to distance them from the source material.

Bane in particular is a serious offender. Though for reasons not limited to his costume: his size.

With the exception of Catwoman's suit and Joker's suit, all of the costumes in the Nolan series was a flop. Mainly because they tried waaay to hard to distance them from the source material.

Bane in particular is a serious offender. Though for reasons not limited to his costume: his size.

Catwoman, Scarecrow (love the mask) and Joker looked cool. Batman and Bane look pretty poor.

Snyder has done a wonderful job with the Superman costume so let's hope the magic stretches to Batman.

Catwoman, Scarecrow (love the mask) and Joker looked cool. Batman and Bane look pretty poor.

Snyder has done a wonderful job with the Superman costume so let's hope the magic stretches to Batman.

Don't forget Two-Face and Ra's.
TheDarkKnight3247.jpg

Ra-s-ras-al-ghul-26803356-1600-1000.jpg

I don't think there was any issue with any of the suits in the three films. I still like the Begins one more, but both Bat suits were great.

The biggest issue I had with the suits, was that they still slowed the actor down. It wasn't as obvious in Begins and TDK, when they used a lot of quick cuts. But once they showed the fights more clearly in TDKR, you noticed just how slow he really was. And how dumb the thugs were as well.

Ya know, I don't really hate the Nolan Bat-suits, I was more disappointed that he decided to go along with the same kind of stuff that the other movies did. I was kind of hoping he had the balls to do a more traditional suit, but, no, it was not to be.

The fight scenes were pretty horrible in the Nolan films.

The actors were actually waiting in some scenes for Bale to take them down :(

Or run at him, trying to show him the gun up close. Guns are long range weapons you brain dead mercenaries!

Ya know, I don't really hate the Nolan Bat-suits, I was more disappointed that he decided to go along with the same kind of stuff that the other movies did. I was kind of hoping he had the balls to do a more traditional suit, but, no, it was not to be.

What's a 'traditional' suit?

I actually thought Bane was great, an easy improvement over a lackluster design in the comics. I was more disappointed by Catwoman's costume. Catwoman's costume didn't make any sense narratively speaking. She was supposedly a master jewel thief, but one who was not very successful financially as shown by her apartment and implied in dialogue. Given that characterization, her super-sleek and clean catsuit with custom bladed heels and and advanced goggles didn't seem to fit. Aesthetically, it seemed to stick out. I think it would have been better for her to wear something grungier.

I actually thought Bane was great, an easy improvement over a lackluster design in the comics. I was more disappointed by Catwoman's costume. Catwoman's costume didn't make any sense narratively speaking. She was supposedly a master jewel thief, but one who was not very successful financially as shown by her apartment and implied in dialogue. Given that characterization, her super-sleek and clean catsuit with custom bladed heels and and advanced goggles didn't seem to fit. Aesthetically, it seemed to stick out. I think it would have been better for her to wear something grungier.

agree, could have easily gone to a sex shop and got an all in one pvc body suit, modified it a bit with belt and goggles.. after all, she wants to be flexible and leave no trace

Don't forget Two-Face and Ra's.
TheDarkKnight3247.jpg

Ra-s-ras-al-ghul-26803356-1600-1000.jpg

Ra's was too simple and uninspired (Talia was too), and Two-Face was unrealistically grotesque and scarred, which is REALLY BAD since he's a comic book character. Nolan just went a bit too far with his wounds.

I loved Two-Face's wounds. It is how I always wanted him to look in live-action. I was so happy when I saw his burnt face in theatre. :woot:

Visually speaking, Joker and Two-Face were the best villains in the entire trilogy IMO.

Ra's was too simple and uninspired (Talia was too), and Two-Face was unrealistically grotesque and scarred, which is REALLY BAD since he's a comic book character. Nolan just went a bit too far with his wounds.
don't agree with Two Face.. for me was after the joker the best suited.. he looked awesome :cwink:

I really liked both Nolan batsuits for what they meant and how eloquent they are to the themes and the tone Nolan developped in his trilogy (while breaking away with the TDK suit from the full rubber tradition btw). And I think just with a few tweaks his team managed to make the suit look amazing in broad daylight wich is just impressive.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to Snyder's take on the batsuit. Contrary to many on these boards, wich now strangely praise his work, it's a funny world we live in; I always loved what he did with the supersuit and I'm confident that he and his team can come up with something both fresh and completely iconic, that self professed guardians of the temple will immediately loathe and moan about for months. Wether he decides to use rubber or not is actually the least of my concerns.

Last edited:
I loved Two-Face's wounds. It is how I always wanted him to look in live-action. I was so happy when I saw his burnt face in theatre. :woot:

Visually speaking, Joker and Two-Face were the best villains in the entire trilogy IMO.
I agree completely. Two-Face looked great.

:2face:

I didn't mind Ra's appearance, but I wasn't into it either.
As for Two Face, I'll let the image speak for itself.

TLH-Two-Face.jpg

It wasn't that the design was bad. It was phenomenal. But things like the exposed bone and ligaments made the suspension of belief damn near impossible.

It made his damaged side into an open wound rather than extreme scarring like the comics.

I think Nolan's Two Face was beyond perfect.

It wasn't that the design was bad. It was phenomenal. But things like the exposed bone and ligaments made the suspension of belief damn near impossible.

It made his damaged side into an open wound rather than extreme scarring like the comics.
The way they did was realistic.. in the comics just only is a scar, but in TDK Nolan did a wonderful job showing us what would happen if this accident is placed in the real world... which imo was a great design of the villain :cwink:

It's really a shame that he looked so fantastic as Two-Face, but got only about 5 minutes of screen time, just going on a little 5 person revenge spree and dying. I'd like to see the war mongering, dominant, criminal mastermind version of the character someday (maybe even as an antogonist to Batfleck). It will be a great challenge to beat Nolan's Two-Face aesthetically though.

^ Yeah. A proper Two-Face movie should be done, but I'm okay with waiting awhile (we've seen him twice in movies before).

It's really a shame that he looked so fantastic as Two-Face, but got only about 5 minutes of screen time, just going on a little 5 person revenge spree and dying. I'd like to see the war mongering, dominant, criminal mastermind version of the character someday (maybe even as an antogonist to Batfleck). It will be a great challenge to beat Nolan's Two-Face aesthetically though.
Completely agreed with your post man but with Two face leave him for a Batman solo film IMO

However long away it may be, what things would you like to see from a movie with Two-Face as the main villain? Lots of people think he can't carry a whole movie by himself, so it's always interesting hearing ideas (asides from the excellent but worn out "Long Halloween/Dark Victory" storylines)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"