BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
However long away it may be, what things would you like to see from a movie with Two-Face as the main villain? Lots of people think he can't carry a whole movie by himself, so it's always interesting hearing ideas (asides from the excellent but worn out "Long Halloween/Dark Victory" storylines)
maybe with another Batman villain or Batman: hunt (I don't remember the name really well but was about prisoners in arkham asylum chasing batman)

^ I like Hush. I think he'd bring an interesting dynamic. A lifelong friend meets a dangerous foe.

However long away it may be, what things would you like to see from a movie with Two-Face as the main villain? Lots of people think he can't carry a whole movie by himself, so it's always interesting hearing ideas (asides from the excellent but worn out "Long Halloween/Dark Victory" storylines)

I want to see the multiple personality disorder done, with the "dark side" being very cold, calculative, and street smart.

:huh: More akin to how it's portrayed in the comics.

Well mr bullet easily rips through that. Of course the comics have cheated by revealing that Batman and go are basically wearing armor and they cover it with cloth.

Well mr bullet easily rips through that. Of course the comics have cheated by revealing that Batman and go are basically wearing armor and they cover it with cloth.

You haven't been paying attention, have you? We've already talked 'til we're blue in the face about the real life lightweight bulletproof fabrics that would allow a suit to look like it does in the comics. and gives Batman the flexibility and protection he needs. And how is the cloth covered armor "cheating"? It's the black rubber armor that the movies promote that's the cheat. All those do is basically shove the suit in your face and yell at you, "LOOK! THE COSTUME IS ARMORED!!!" It doesn't need to look armored to understand that it is armored. Making it obvious is lazy costume design.

You guys are the experts but what suit does he wear during the Batman: Noel graphic novel?

You guys are the experts but what suit does he wear during the Batman: Noel graphic novel?

There's no specific name for it. It's just a Lee Bermejo design.

bermejo_batman_paint__4_by_blackplague1348-d37r1km.jpg

tumblr_lsire7I0tV1r2hvnvo1_500.jpg

I honestly could see Snyder using the Lee Bermejo design.

It's just the type of stylized yet grounded take on the suit he would use.

I honestly could see Snyder using the Lee Bermejo design.

It's just the type of stylized yet grounded take on the suit he would use.

I can see him going with a similar design as well, but I personally don't care for that look.

Looks a bit too periodic and oldfashioned, at least the action figure. Almost a little steampunk'ish.

The way they did was realistic.. in the comics just only is a scar, but in TDK Nolan did a wonderful job showing us what would happen if this accident is placed in the real world... which imo was a great design of the villain :cwink:

You are wrong on two counts,

1) Nolan changed the nature of Dent's injuries from acid corrosion to scorching from flame, so he was not interpreting the same thing at all.

2) The approach Nolan chose was, characteristically, far less realistic than that seen in the comics. People survive vitriol attacks in real life- notably women in repressive Islamic societies- despite being tragically disfigured. Two Face in the comics is just the same. Nobody, however, survives having half of their head burned to a crisp, right down to the bone. TDK's Two Face looked unrealistic, and he was.

It's really a shame that he looked so fantastic as Two-Face, but got only about 5 minutes of screen time, just going on a little 5 person revenge spree and dying. I'd like to see the war mongering, dominant, criminal mastermind version of the character someday (maybe even as an antogonist to Batfleck).

I agree with that. Worse still, Two Face's death had two undesirable consequences:

1) It made Batman a murderer.

2) It allowed for the Dent Act, the feeblest plot device yet seen in a Batman movie.

:doh: Is it that you can't read, or that you won't?

While I'm ready for a new approach to the suit, and was aware of the issues with the neck/cowl, the black foam armor never really bothered me. I never felt that it was really that restrictive in the film universe just because the real life actors said that they had trouble moving in it. Anyone who has worn a Batsuit knows that there are challenges involved just in wearing that cowl and a long cape, let alone moving around in boots and any kind of armored plating or padding. I think that we saw quite clearly with the new suit in THE DARK KNIGHT that more flexible armor doesn't necessarily make for a faster or more elaborately choreographed Batman.

I always felt that the actors in BATMAN and BATMAN RETURNS moved quite well and with relatively good speed all things considered, they were just utilizing a less flashy style of fight choreography, which most action movies in the late 80's and 90's did compared to today's films anyway. The idea was always is that it was lightweight, flexible, advanced form of body armor, and I've always seen it as such. I don't know, it requires a bit of suspension of disbelief and imagination, but it always worked for me. I think people have always made a bit too much of how "cumbersome" and bulky it is.

Nolan's satisfaction with the outfit is reflected in how visible it is in the movie. In the previous installment, the aesthetic approach was to portray Batman as a shadowy avenger -- minimally lit, always seen at night, and rendered as matte as possible to heighten the effect. Here, he steps into the light.-On the 30 pound TDK costume

I know I'm too six years too late, but even if I enjoyed the costume, I wouldn't go away from the tried and true "shadowy avenger" approach.

That's kind of Batman's thing. :csad:

batman_figure__1_by_eastphoto99-d5fcmsb.jpg

^ This, I think, is the perfect texture for a live-action suit. Cloth-based, but thick and protective looking.

Wow, Batman looks awesome in that pic. Hopefully Snyder can make imagery like that come to life with Affleck.

^ Not too bad. Would look pretty good next to the MOS suit too. There are a few things I would change though.

Of course there's still room for improvement. I just love the way the suit itself looks. I'd use that as a base design for the Movie suit, and just tweak it a bit. Maybe different textures, more classic utility belt, etc.

Yea I think we will get something very similar to this in tone an overall aesthetic.

I think it makes more sense for Batman to have a black belt (no pun intended). I imagine they won't give him the briefs. In comics and animation, the briefs are there to provide a color break on the suit which, when done with a yellow belt, makes the suit appear "naked" if most of it is grey. A black belt might provide that color break better instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"