BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant really use anything but real references here to get the idea. No drawings or paintings.

Should have said that pages ago :woot:

As for a fire resistent cape? Why not? I love the visual of Batman going through a fire without any burns to his clothing or anything else .

Here's my take on a new batsuit:

7m2e.jpg

FULL SIZE HERE: http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7999/7m2e.jpg

I tried to give the Arkham Origins suit I used as a base a more "fabric feel" while still looking protective and durable. I also like the idea of a grey batsuit to distance the new series from the Nolan trilogy. I kept the cape from Batman Begins though because I think it looked great (and I just hate the leather/rubber combo you seem to see everything else these days). I decided to add lenses to the cowl very late in the process, you can think of it as a removable device (because I don't like the idea of fixed lenses).

You've cracked it, this looks perfect

saved this

I preffer a more weighted leathery cape like the batman returns suit

I hated the capes from the Burton era, far too heavy and would certainly add a notable amount to the costume weight, would much prefer to see something like The MOS or TDK trilogy capes. And I really want to see the cape get used for gliding, because it's freakin awesome.

Last edited:
Should have said that pages ago :woot:

That should go without saying. :cwink:

By now people should know thats why straight suit-adaptations from comicbook to live-action rarely happens. The (practical) design and materials will always come into play, especially these days with focus on functionality and credibility.

That should go without saying. :cwink:

By now people should know thats why straight suit-adaptations from comicbook to live-action rarely happens. The (practical) design and materials will always come into play, especially these days with focus on functionality and credibility.

man-of-steel-HD-suit-image.jpg

amazing-spider-man-2-on-set-photo-rhino-4.jpg

That MOS suit is so beautiful. Someone should photoshop it into a Batman suit. I think a batsuit similar to the MOS suit but with an extra layer would be just perfect.

I love everything about the MOS suit except for the silver piping

That MOS suit is so beautiful. Someone should photoshop it into a Batman suit. I think a batsuit similar to the MOS suit but with an extra layer would be just perfect.

I agree. Then we'd have TWO perfect batsuits! JKKS085's
7m2e.jpg

And the Man of Kevlar's! ;)

The MOS material would be great, just change up its texture and make the finish on it more matte than metallic to separate it from Supes and it'd be fantastic.

He might finally be able to carry his suit around in a suitcase. Even freaking Ironman can fit his armor into a suitcase.

He might finally be able to carry his suit around in a suitcase. Even freaking Ironman can fit his armor into a suitcase.

Yeah I imagine the big glass case that housed his Batman suit might be tough to get through TSA! LOL

Speaking of carrying suits around, how does Clark carry his suit around in this universe? It doesn't look like a material you can fold up or carry under your clothes.

Speaking of carrying suits around, how does Clark carry his suit around in this universe? It doesn't look like a material you can fold up or carry under your clothes.

And it looks like it would be extremely uncomfortable to wear under his clothes. That is a good question.

Sir! Sir! You have a red cape coming untucked from the back of your pants!!

I'd love for them to go the same route that they did with the MOS suit, funny you post it above the new Spidey suit because so far I think they're the two best comic book film costumes ever made.

Yeah, that is one impressive Spidey suit.

I'd love for them to go the same route that they did with the MOS suit, funny you post it above the new Spidey suit because so far I think they're the two best comic book film costumes ever made.

I agree. :up:

2446165-2446162-tobey_maguire_in_spider_man_2.jpg

It's big brother was easily the best superhero costume of the 2000's. I know most like TASM version better, but for now I still like this a little better (mostly because I prefer the more muscular body and the more intimidating eyes).

Back to the topic, if Spidey and Superman can have such awesome suits, Batman should too. The real problem in my opinion?

Nolan was handcuffed by his focus on making everything realistic. This is the BIGGEST reason a true Batsuit hasn't been done yet. The need to make it armored and functional and completely realistic (when it actually isn't) is what has held the batsuit back. Spidey and Supes don't have that holding their suits back.

Here's hoping Snyder lets the Batsuit off the leash :)

^ And even the attempt to make it realistic was a failure because the comic suit is still more realistic. lol

^ Wait. Are those white lenses that I see? :wow:

You deserve a medal. :woot:

That's seriously the best take on the suit I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"