BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
man-of-steel-HD-suit-image.jpg

amazing-spider-man-2-on-set-photo-rhino-4.jpg

Yeah, the Spiderman-outfit was pretty much what is on the pages, but the MOS-suit hardly was. They left out the trunks, which I know they also did recently with the 52-suit, but that happened more or less around the same time.
But with the ornaments, the bracelet-things, the heavy chainmail-look, the desaturated colors and no spit-curl, it was hardly straight from the pages.

Last edited:
Spidey's suit is a thing of absolute beauty. As a Spidey fan I couldn't be happier. The Batman Fans deserve a suit that looks as good because frankly they haven't had it in the past.

Yeah, the Spiderman-outfit was pretty much what is on the pages, but the MOS-suit hardly was. They left out the trunks, which I know they also did recently with the 52-suit, but that happened more or less around the same time.
But with the ornaments, the bracelet-things, the heavy chainmail-look, the desaturated colors and no spit-curl, it was hardly straight from the pages.

The mesh skin itself is actually a thin layer that was stretched over the MOS bodysuit before the remaining foam-latex elements were affixed.

And yes, Spider-Man's movie costume certainly is incredibly similar to the one depicted in the source material; that's a fact. I think Spidey's look translates much better on film as is (with little need for alteration) though. Superman's outfit, on the other hand, required a modern update. I don't care for the "desaturated colors" and piping around the torso and legs, but everything else is pretty spot-on. The mesh skin (or dimensional chain-mail texture), in particular, gives the suit a very sleek appearance in my opinion.

Last edited:
The mesh skin itself is actually a thin layer that was stretched over the MOS bodysuit before the remaining foam-latex elements were affixed.

And yes, Spider-Man's movie costume certainly is incredibly similar to the one depicted in the source material; that's a fact. I think Spidey's look translates much better on film as is (with little need for alteration) though. Superman's outfit, on the other hand, required a modern update. I don't care for the "desaturated colors" and piping around the torso and legs, but everything else is pretty spot-on. The mesh skin (or dimensional chain-mail texture), in particular, gives the suit a very sleek appearance in my opinion.

Binning the trunks were a sensible idea.

about MOS suit.. if you're trying to make it look REAL you couldn't take the pijama colors and texture of the previous suits.. MOS suit fits as the new and previous comics but plasmed in the 21st century :cwink:

As much of a comic book traditionalist as I am, I kinda like the MOS suit.

I feel almost certain we are going to end up with a Arkham Games style suit. A fabric look but with obvious armor plating. think TDK mixed with Arkham games. Hell even the new Arkham Origins game is a mixture of Nolans TDK suit with the previous Arkham style.

I know its speculation but I also do expect to see a Very Dark Grey with Black costume. the Cowl I suspect will also remain very similar with a neck and Cowl that can move freely so Batman can turn his head. Looking forward to see what its really going to look like.

To those wanting the Batman Dead End style suit the one that is basically spandex and torn right from the pages of the comics... Those days are over we didn't get that in Batman 1989 Nor will we get it now. Besides I think this look looks horrible in live action, its just a glorified Spandex Cosply outfit.

I feel almost certain we are going to end up with a Arkham Games style suit. A fabric look but with obvious armor plating. think TDK mixed with Arkham games. Hell even the new Arkham Origins game is a mixture of Nolans TDK suit with the previous Arkham style.

I know its speculation but I also do expect to see a Very Dark Grey with Black costume. the Cowl I suspect will also remain very similar with a neck and Cowl that can move freely so Batman can turn his head. Looking forward to see what its really going to look like.
You're right- that is just speculation.

To those wanting the Batman Dead End style suit the one that is basically spandex and torn right from the pages of the comics... Those days are over we didn't get that in Batman 1989 Nor will we get it now. Besides I think this look looks horrible in live action, its just a glorified Spandex Cosply outfit.
I would be interested to see your list of "those" people.

You're right- that is just speculation.

I would be interested to see your list of "those" people.

read back through this thread, the list of "those" people can get really long.

everyone is different in their preferences, and that's fine to each their own I suppose.

Does everyone who doesn't want the armored suit get automatically on the list?

No not at all. I was referring to the people that wanted a pure cloth suit like that in the Batman Dead End Fan Film. Where he is simply wearing tight spandex like clothing. Think Christopher Reeve Superman Costume Material.

I'm all for a Fabric type suit, I'm just saying I speculate it will be a fabric mixed with armor type suit. If the armor is exposed on the out side of the fabric similar to TDK or the inside of the suit similar to the Arkham games is yet to be seen. Again, just my speculation.

the fact that people are now saying it will be similar to the Dark Knight suit makes me believe the leaked design is probably what we will get.

I want a prostetics cowl. Something like this will look great on film.

534323_583144065060172_15663607_n.jpg

read back through this thread, the list of "those" people can get really long.
Interesting. I have been following successive incarnations of this thread for years, and I don't think I have seen more than a couple of fleeting posts approving of a "spandex" suit, and certainly none in the last two-to-three years.

Interesting. I have been following successive incarnations of this thread for years, and I don't think I have seen more than a couple of fleeting posts approving of a "spandex" suit, and certainly none in the last two-to-three years.

There was one on here just a few days ago, actually posting a picture of Batman Dead End. I'm not fighting with you, just pointing it out, perhaps I misinterpreted some of the other posts. or some of those people were just trolls idk.

Anyway moving forward.

the fact that people are now saying it will be similar to the Dark Knight suit makes me believe the leaked design is probably what we will get.

who is saying this?

I for one don't want a bullet-proof Batman.

The suit of necessity would need to be very durable and hence somewhat protective, it's appearance should define that quality (read NOT SPANDEX) but my incarnation of Batman would very rarely if ever be subjected to carefully aimed gunfire. I want to see him nullify gunfire by using stealth and by confusing and disorienting armed opponents. A smoke grenade being the classic methodology.

Besides as has been stated numerous times....no matter how much armor is on Batman's torso, his lower face is always unprotected....making the rationale for extensive armor somewhat frivolous.

Last edited:
No not at all. I was referring to the people that wanted a pure cloth suit like that in the Batman Dead End Fan Film. Where he is simply wearing tight spandex like clothing. Think Christopher Reeve Superman Costume Material.

I'm all for a Fabric type suit, I'm just saying I speculate it will be a fabric mixed with armor type suit. If the armor is exposed on the out side of the fabric similar to TDK or the inside of the suit similar to the Arkham games is yet to be seen. Again, just my speculation.

That's just it. No-one here is asking for that at all,.

There was one on here just a few days ago, actually posting a picture of Batman Dead End. I'm not fighting with you, just pointing it out, perhaps I misinterpreted some of the other posts. or some of those people were just trolls idk.

Anyway moving forward.

And that's all they did was post a picture of it, they weren't promoting it as a design for the movie. And nobody was being trollish, you just didn't get what they were saying.

And that's all they did was post a picture of it, they weren't promoting it as a design for the movie. And nobody was being trollish, you just didn't get what they were saying.

Is that not what I just admitted to being a possibility in my last post? :huh:

As I said "perhaps I misinterpreted some of the other posts. or some of those people were just trolls idk."

Again, people, I was just wanting to post what my speculation was. Seems some of my posts are being taking out of context.

I for one don't want a bullet-proof Batman.

The suit of necessity would need to be very durable and hence somewhat protective, it's appearance should define that quality (read NOT SPANDEX) but my incarnation of Batman would very rarely if ever be subjected to carefully aimed gunfire. I want to see him nullify gunfire by using stealth and by confusing and disorienting armed opponents. A smoke grenade being the classic methodology.

Besides as has been stated numerous times....no matter how much armor is on Batman's torso, his lower face is always unprotected....making the rationale for extensive armor somewhat frivolous.

Fixed. :yay:

No one wants spandex.

Those arguing for a more comic accurate suit are arguing for a bodysuit, more akin to Superman's in Man of Steel, rather than the rubber and/or armored suits used in Batman films so far. Not spandex.

Modern technology, and fiction technology, more than proves that a bodysuit can be used convincingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"