• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're totally right, and seeing the laces after having watched the armored boots is even better. I'm hoping we get a battle damage shot, for sure. I could go either way on the approach to Batman being shot - either that he just *never gets shot* (whether that be due to invulnerability, skill, or good old fashioned deus ex machina from the writers), or the Jack Bauer approach that the dude gets pretty badly mangled up but it doesn't matter because he's just relentlessness incarnate.

Just some more love for dear ol' grampa.
batman_by_rafael_grampa_by_macacaralho-d5yv9s1.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...mmission-2-Batman-Rafael-Grampaì2-600x914.jpg
Batman-by-Rafael-Grampa-480x409.jpg

TDRK%20Batman%20and%20Carrie%20Robin%20comm%20-%20Rafael%20Grampá.png

tumblr_mhf3yzJ3TG1r0jp08o2_1280.jpg

This one is pushing it, but I still dig it. This is the closest I think I'll ever come to being okay with a mostly covered up cowl.

2258545-rafael.jpeg

His takes on the Joker, though... Less ideal.

Commissio..3-600x916.jpg

I dig the concept of the two mouths here. At least it's unique, but I hope we never see anything like this.

8426484809_28cfcf9d3b_z.jpg

But let's get back to Bats!
3347651-batman+3.jpg

That just about nails it, doesn't it?

Do you all think WB may give us a Christmas present of either a well lit shot of the new Batman suit, or even a partial silhouetted teaser shot of Batffleck to bring in the new year? I mean, I would be a literal kid on Christmas morning with just a teaser picture...oh wait, do I hear the jingle-jangle of Santa Snyder?!

686fa760-29f5-0131-f144-424529b3d291.gif

Do you all think WB may give us a Christmas present of either a well lit shot of the new Batman suit, or even a partial silhouetted teaser shot of Batffleck to bring in the new year? I mean, I would be a literal kid on Christmas morning with just a teaser picture...oh wait, do I hear the jingle-jangle of Santa Snyder?!

Even a silhouette would send me racing around my block 5 times yelling "squeeeee!!!" and clapping my hands at the speed of light. My girlfriend might break up with me (she's already worried about how many hours a day I spend looking at picture of a buff guy in a bat suit), but it *miiight* be worth it.

or a shot of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman together

or a shot of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman together

Sweet Fancy Moses!! That would be epic!!

I mean they have to know how stoked a lot of people are about the look of these characters. And with the disclosure of the batsuit by Snyder to Kevin Smith, I can't see them waiting too much longer to at least tease it to us...*singing* all I want for Christmas is a picture of the suit, a picture of the suit, a picture of the suit...*singing*

Last edited:
Sweet Fancy Moses!! That would be epic!!

I mean they have to know how stoked a lot of people are about the look of these characters. And with the disclosure of the batsuit by Snyder to Kevin Smith, I can't see them waiting too much longer to at least tease it to us...*singing* all I want for Christmas is a picture of the suit, a picture of the suit, a picture of the suit...*singing*

i mean the internet is pretty weak with the news from yesterday…a shot of the big three would cause routers to melt, ebay trades to backfire and Facebook to turn into myspace.

i mean the internet is pretty weak with the news from yesterday…a shot of the big three would cause routers to melt, ebay trades to backfire and Facebook to turn into myspace.

HI-LARIOUS! :applaud DC/WB does needs to do something big though to both cool the hothead Batffleck haters and at the same time get all of us even more excited about them starting major production on the film next year! Keep us on the hook!!

The Pope design is simultaneously the most human & vulnerable, but also the most bizarre, mysterious and super-natural.

Someone hasn't seen Kelly Jones' Bat...

Battle Angel your contribution to this forum so far has been great. I welcome your arrival.

Your thoughts ideas on the ideal batsuit are very similar to my ideal superman costume.

please keep posting

Thanks AlienAnal, and I've checked out your deviant art page before. Bad ass - love rats on chips!! haha, so great.

Just thought I'd post another pretty cool Batsuit pic that I came across. To me, this one looks very Snyder-esque - clearly not built up enough, and Snyder's would have more detail than this- particularly boots/gloves, which are pretty budget-grade here ;)

But this is a pretty nice take on a streamlined version of a fabric based suit with a Noel-esque cowl, and I think it's also a pretty good example of a trunks-on suit where the trunks don't pull your attention in an awful way.

04-cyrus_bat01.jpg

I vastly prefer the Grampa stuff I posted before, Bat-Wrinkles and all (Bats are pretty freakin' wrinkly things, fyi) but I find this to be basically acceptable. The utility belt on Grampa's Bats is just so freaking cool with those grenades sloshing around. I definitely prefer a messy Bats to a streamlined one.

Also, I've seen Kelley Jones' Batman, of course. I guess I need to watch what I'm saying when I ask for him to be as Nosferatu-esque as possible, because the Jones version is clearly that and I can't stand it. I chalk that up to just gross design though =P

We've all come to the conclusion that it will be gray right?

based on Kevin Smith's comments…yeah

I doubt Bats will have trucks in his outfit. ;)

The suit is almost definitely gray, I think it just remains to be scene whether it will be gray and black or gray and midnight blue.

I want a movie where Batman isn't in big bulky armor for once.
Same here.
Imagine the fun (aka: pain) when Batman feels Superman's punch to the guts. And he's wearing less armor/tights.

It has to be armor-plated (like Arkham games).

Doesn't have to be armored plated to work, if Superman even flicks a booger he'll kill Batman:woot: Though, armor plating will probably what they go with.
To that i'd say for base armor, I'd like to see them use the same material as what Superman wears and armor around that(similar to what Jor-L used), but tailored for Batman. To me it be some continuity between the two, but different enough to give him his own uniqueness.

sadly yes I am just hoping for no trucks

what exactly is wrong with grey? I see no reason to be anything but happy that the costume will most certainly have grey. it brings out the bat-logo more, makes the costume interesting without having plates all over it, and is actually better camouflage than the all black we've had on film since 1989.

Just some more love for dear ol' grampa.
batman_by_rafael_grampa_by_macacaralho-d5yv9s1.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...mmission-2-Batman-Rafael-Grampaì2-600x914.jpg
Batman-by-Rafael-Grampa-480x409.jpg

TDRK%20Batman%20and%20Carrie%20Robin%20comm%20-%20Rafael%20Grampá.png

tumblr_mhf3yzJ3TG1r0jp08o2_1280.jpg

This one is pushing it, but I still dig it. This is the closest I think I'll ever come to being okay with a mostly covered up cowl.

2258545-rafael.jpeg

His takes on the Joker, though... Less ideal.

Commissio..3-600x916.jpg

I dig the concept of the two mouths here. At least it's unique, but I hope we never see anything like this.

8426484809_28cfcf9d3b_z.jpg

But let's get back to Bats!
3347651-batman+3.jpg

That just about nails it, doesn't it?

After seeing his joker I'd love to have something like that next time in live action, its genius and creepy all at once

Doesn't have to be armored plated to work, if Superman even flicks a booger he'll kill Batman:woot: Though, armor plating will probably what they go with.
To that i'd say for base armor, I'd like to see them use the same material as what Superman wears and armor around that(similar to what Jor-L used), but tailored for Batman. To me it be some continuity between the two, but different enough to give him his own uniqueness.
Idea: Batman's suit is explicitly salvaged from the suit that Zod was wearing when he was killed. He'd wear grey plates over the black undersuit. The morbidity of it would be amazing and having Batman be antagonistic toward Superman while wearing Zod's suit would be great. He'd be wearing the undersuit because Wayne Industries got ahold of it and noticed it was naturally bulletproof due to being Kryptonian. He'd wear plates over it that would absorb energy from superpowered punches.

Maybe start the movie with Bats in another suit and only have him put on the plate armor one later for a fistfight with Supes. Have the suit be badly damaged by the end so that he'd wear a new suit in the future.

Because the whole thing is awful.

To each their own, amigo! :)

I like the Bat-Suit many different ways. A gritty, monstrous, high-tech but extremely personalized version that doesn't prize wrinkle-free OCD presentation over effectivity is my preference, but I'd be happy with many different versions. I hope the version in the next film is one that we are both happy with :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back