The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn Wayne

Shawn Wayne I own a large clock

GL was a turd.

2. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Disagree. It indeed wasn't perfect, but I liked it.

3. Shawn Wayne

Don't you remember when they redid the trailer and RR promised this was the GL movie all of the fans had been waiting for? C'mon now....

4. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

I thought GL was completely uninspired and boring. The screenwriter copied and paced from other comicbook films and the director clearly didn't get nor care about the material. With the exception of Sarsgard, whom I hated, the acting was decent and the visual effects were mostly passable.

I'm not that hard to please but GL's complete mediocrity frustrated the hell out of me. At least GhostRider was awful in an interesting "how did this happen" sort of way.

5. Shawn Wayne

6. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Ice Cold

the screenwriter for gl was actually one of the cocreators of arrow. and now his vision of the flash is headed to the small screen. gl should've gone with the manhunters turning on the guardians and executing green lanterns, including abin and not done the diarrhea cloud.

7. Shawn Wayne

Redemption.

8. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

There were a lot of talented people involved with GL, it should not have been a bad movie, but pretty much everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

9. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Ice Cold

the rewrites hurt it. in some interview the writer couldn't figure out why they changed so much. his version had alan scott, a hive mind version of the manhunters or legion, and all of the lanterns including hal and sinestro saved oa from destruction. it was barely set on earth too.

10. BattleAngel

BattleAngel Well-Known Member

Man, I'm really hoping someone will do a manip based on Lujho's design! I also dig the image you posted of the translucent white eye lenses.

11. lujho

lujho Well-Known Member

No, I'm dead against contacts, or CG (what would be the explanation for them in that case - magic?). Built into the cowl, or nothing.

12. lujho

lujho Well-Known Member

My own manip that's in my avatar isn't far off:

[​IMG]

Of course it isn't full body.

13. BattleAngel

Quite nice indeed! Although I think the lighter gray of your sketch is actually preferable to me for the main body- just to fully differentiate it from the black and black-ish costumes of the past. The texture of that manip is fantastic though, and man, the lines of your outfit are so damn clean and well designed. Would prefer to see it with Fleck and the white eyes, obviously.

Personally, I think that CG has gotten to the point where using it for small enhancements to principally practical photography is preferable to un-enhanced practical, if the practical isn't good enough. I'm a die-hard fan of practical for anything organic, and I'm also a total hater of stuff created in a computer out of whole cloth. But when used as an enhancement, CG can create imagery that just can't be made with props. I don't think that the white eyes I'm looking for would be possible with practical lenses alone. The motion tracking on CG is good enough to be flawlessly real looking, and there shouldn't be an issue making the lenses look built into the cowl, which I wholeheartedly agree is the only way to do the white eyes. Contacts be damned, that's just weird. And they should be retractable, certainly, for when Batman might need to deal with a civilian who he needs to convey humanity and empathy towards.

The white eyes, to me, are a must simply because we are quickly hurdling towards retinal identification in the real world, and there's no chance Batman would risk being identified that way, however unlikely and however far into the future it may be before it's done on any kind of large scale.

14. BattleAngel

This is terrible, but it's my first attempt at a manipulated image. My skills are zero. I think the eyes are at least like... 14% in the ballpark ;)

[​IMG]

PS... I know I promised to retire from this thread but... I have no will power.

15. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Well-Known Member

Love it.
    Would be pretty happy with something like this.

16. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Badass. Love this. :hrt:

17. Elayis

Elayis Well-Known Member

But... but... Sarsgaard was the only enjoyable thing about that movie?:huh::csad:

18. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Sarsgaard was one of the worst superhero villains ever. GL's villains were it's main weakness imo. Bad script combined with comedic villains made GL fail
    [YT]srpEHGZ2cko[/YT]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  19. Elayis

Elayis Well-Known Member

I most definitely agree that his character was horrible. But, I thought his performance, particularly with what he had to work with, was pretty incredible. If a more talented screenwriter had been involved, who know what might've happened.

20. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

My sister seemed amused by his ultra hammy performance as well but I couldn't and can't stand it. It's just a dumb, vapid cartoon performance to me. I love ham and cheese in my films so my opinion of his performance surprises even myself.

21. JDonaldD

JDonaldD Well-Known Member

Perfect.

22. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

[​IMG]

23. BattleAngel

LOL... I said it was terrible and that I had no skills ;) But I think it would be cool if done by someone who did =P

I will say that my Batfleck picture, weird proportions and horrible technique included, is still less barf worthy than the faces in this gif!!

[​IMG]

24. BattleAngel

Just some more Bat-Sweetness...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Travesty