The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Info Hunters Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I figure Superman is going to be a trilogy, and maybe they want more of the spectacle for later. I could see some cool stuff with Zod. But I guess that's me. I figure Brainiac will be used later on.

I don't see the point in complaining about Zod. It'll obviously be a different interpretation. And everyone's getting a Nolan godfathered movie, a story from Nolan's two Batman co-writers, a reboot that doesn't have to try and link to the Reeve movies, and the clear fan-favorite in the main role. But then a villain is going to show up again and everyone turns into a sourpuss.

Why are we talking about Superman in the TDKR info hunters thread?

That news wasn't really all that "super"
icwutudidthar.png

New Batman Film Scouting Grand Ledge
Production crews with the sequel to "The Dark Knight" are scouting location across Michigan. One of their stops last week was Grand Ledge's Fitzgerald Park
Posted:
12:12 AM Feb 5, 2011
Reporter:
Alex Goldsmith
Email Address:
[email protected]
Grand Ledge is no Gotham City. That may not stop the latest Batman sequel from coming to the community.
According to Eaton County and Grand Ledge officials who didn't want to be identified due to confidentiality agreements, production crews from "The Dark Knight Rises" scouted locations in Grand Ledge's Fitzgerald Park last week.
They looked at the Ledges as well as a water treatment plant located inside the park. Sources say the area is being considered as a hideout for Batman sidekick Robin.
State senator Rick Jones told WILX Friday that he would like to maintain or adjust but not eliminate the Michigan film tax credit, likely one of the draws for productions like "The Dark Knight Rises". The credit can give filmmakers up to a 42% tax credit, but is one of many tax cuts that may be on the chopping block in the next budget.
Grand Ledge is no stranger to the move business. Fitzgerald Park was the site of filming for the still-unreleased remake of Red Dawn in 2009.
http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/New_Batman_Film_Scouting_Grand_Ledge_115344794.html

I'm assuming they are assuming that Robin is involved, as they probably know nothing about the current Batman on film.

I'm assuming they are assuming that Robin is involved, as they probably know nothing about the current Batman on film.

That's an awful big assumption itself. I'm willing to see where this one goes.

I don't see the point in complaining about Zod. It'll obviously be a different interpretation. And everyone's getting a Nolan godfathered movie, a story from Nolan's two Batman co-writers, a reboot that doesn't have to try and link to the Reeve movies, and the clear fan-favorite in the main role. But then a villain is going to show up again and everyone turns into a sourpuss.

1. Nolan has practically nothing to do with Superman anymore. Its Snyder's now.

2. Only Goyer wrote the script.

I highly doubt Nolan and company would let something that big leak from some Michigan news outlet.

It's probably somebody that hears Batman and assumes Robin is involved. I'll bet my house that he isn't.

There is a Superman forum guys. Seriously, some people couldn't care less about the man of steel and would rather keep this thread Batman related.

1. I never said it wasn't Snyder's. I said Nolan was godfathering it, which he was by helping pitch the story and choose the director.

2. Jonah wrote with him. That's been out there for months now.

Last edited:
I highly doubt Nolan and company would let something that big leak from some Michigan news outlet.

It's probably somebody that hears Batman and assumes Robin is involved. I'll bet my house that he isn't.
Or maybe Robin is in the movie after all? Perhaps Bane breaks Batman's back in the beginning of the movie, and he finds someone to continue on, which ends up being Robin.

Of course, that is all speculation, and doesn't really sound right, but who knows.......

What was up with that Nolan interview on CBM? Was it verified to be legit? Something seemed off about it.

Where are people getting this thing that it was ''off''?

What part exactly didn't seem right?

Off the top of my head, when he name dropped Aronofsky. I could see Nolan talking like "there was particular version before mine..." and go into slight detail about that but to actually name drop another director? That seemed odd to me.

They were prob told if anyone asks what were scouting for, tell them its a hideout for Robin. We often see scouting and preproduction work given false names.

If its a hideout, its prob for Bane or Catwoman.

Read the full interview.

Last weekend, at the always entertaining and star-studded Santa Barbara International Film Festival, he was feted as a "Modern Master" for these accomplishments. He answered a flurry of questions, both on the red carpet and on stage, and what follows are some of the highlights of the evening

Interview: Christopher Nolan Talks The Dark Knight Rises, Superman, and His Career
The director dishes on his films, the actors he's worked with, and what's next.
http://www.film.com/features/story/interview-christopher-nolan-talks-dark/44161880
It's a transcript from a Q&A that was held recently when Nolan received the Modern Master award. The interview is real.

Nolan mentioned Tim Burton's Batman movies in previous interviews. It's not odd at all.

They were prob told if anyone asks what were scouting for, tell them its a hideout for Robin. We often see scouting and preproduction work given false names.

If its a hideout, its prob for Bane or Catwoman.
So what's the fake name for the production gonna be when they start shooting? Rory's First Shag?:awesome:

(hope that's not too risque of a joke to make)

Kryptonians are lame and boring. I'm trying to think of a Batman villain who parallels how dull I find them, but it's hard. The best I can come up with is the silly bint with the hole in her head who is currently in "Batman and Robin" comic.

Has anyone around here watched "Prince Of the City"? Wally Pfister said in his interview that he watched the film with Nolan, and he said that it's very similar to Nolan's Batman movies.

Is that a rumour or a legitimate thing? I wouldn't be surprised if it's real though, the film's great. It's about a narcotics cop busting the corruption in his dept. A lot like Gordon! Saw this a long time ago, will have to re-watch it if I can find the damn thing :)

No, it sounds like you didn't read what I wrote. Again, it had nothing to do with Batman. Bane was simply consolidating his power and exerting a monopolistic influence over all crime in Gotham City, because he saw himself as the king of Gotham at that point. Batman was no longer a consideration in any way.

No, she didn't. She actually agreed to work with him, and that was the extent of their interactions.

She also barely had any interaction at all with Jean-Paul. Their paths crossed during "Knightsend," but they didn't share any dialogue or have any kind of confrontation that lasted more than one or two panels. She was dealing with a storyline of her own, which happened to share a character with Jean-Paul's storyline (hence them being in the same room at one point, pursuing the same character).

I did read what you wrote, otherwise it'd be a waste of both our times. And if I remember right, she did hate Bane later on. And, as it's been said already, she took it up to Azrael as well. I don't remember whether Bane's "deal" involved Batman or not though, you might be right there. Thanks for the correction :up: I'll need to pick it up again sometimes (though without KnightQuest...sob).

Actually, Catwoman shared a few issues with Jean Paul during Knightquest. Bottom line, she knew almost immediately that he wasn't Batman, and declared him an undersexed moron. Jean Paul panted over her in a really pathetic, creepy way.

Like most of Knightquest, is pretty tiresome to read. They were trying way too hard to make Jean Paul look like a worthless jerk, and since he was the driving force of the issues at that time, it just because unpleasant to read. Zero subtlety. They should have done a slow build with Jean Paul.

True. I think they handled KnightQuest all wrong, though the idea was really good - give Bruce his own arc, and Paul his own. But, it's as you've said, subtlety became a myth! It would've been a lot better if they gave Paul a few more favorable qualities rather than demonising him so fast. I liked how they wrote him during the second part of Knightfall, when he defeats Bane. There was a whiff of controversy around him but Jean-Paul was definite that he was going to carry on the mantle. Carrying that would've given him a much broader fan base than DC can imagine. And their imagination isn't always as rich as they think it is.

Whenever somebody quotes Robocop, a sci-fi writer gets his wings--so quote it enough, and eventually another goddamn movie will get made. Do it.

And tell your friends.

Peter Weller confirmed for Batman? :awesome:

Holy ****, I never thought of Weller as Freeze, but he would be totally badass for the part.:word:

As for Robocop, I actually watched 1 and 2 last weekend. I love Robocop, and I got to say, Robocop2 is one of my favorite comedies. :oldrazz::cwink:

-Robo: Doesn't the moon look wonderful tonight!?
-Lewis: It's not even dark out!
-Robo: It's the thought that counts.

Fine, pick on me. Go ahead. Here's my lunch money while you're at it.

Kryptonians are lame and boring. I'm trying to think of a Batman villain who parallels how dull I find them, but it's hard. The best I can come up with is the silly bint with the hole in her head who is currently in "Batman and Robin" comic.

I haven't heard (or should that be read?) the word "bint" in years. I shall have to adapt it into by vocabulary again :hehe:

and I agree. They are very dull.

So, am I the only one in existence who hates Superman 2 and Zod and likes Superman 3 and the supercomputer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"