The Dark Knight Rises The End

From what I'm hearing, it's a different ballgame than what you're thinking. See, each of those endings would make sense if this film was going in a direction where it was trying to solidy Batman's status as a legend/symbol, but that doesn't appear to be the case... per the film's slogan "the legend ends", Wayne is outed as Batman, and the symbol ceases to be. Gotham reaches a point where it "no longer needs Batman" quite literally, both as a symbol and as a living protector, which is what allows him to retire. Gotham is inspired by Wayne's sacrifice and decides to 'pick itself up', no need for lies or dramatic examples.

or, maybe, the "legend ends" means that batman no longer becomes a "legend" in gotham. he emerges. he becomes a recognized hero by the city. in those 8 years after TDK, Batman has just become a mythical legend in the city. no one knows if he still exists.

or, maybe, the "legend ends" means that batman no longer becomes a "legend" in gotham. he emerges. he becomes a recognized hero by the city. in those 8 years after TDK, Batman has just become a mythical legend in the city. no one knows if he still exists.
Yeah. It all gels kind of, especially with that one part we're hearing about with Batman fighting alongside Gotham in the finale.

Yeah. It all gels kind of, especially with that one part we're hearing about with Batman fighting alongside Gotham in the finale.

Do we have an indication that he fights alongside a united Gotham at the end? It looks like Batman and GCPD vs Bane, mercs and civilians from the set pics we have. Although I doubt that's the final set piece anyway.

Do we have an indication that he fights alongside a united Gotham at the end? It looks like Batman and GCPD vs Bane, mercs and civilians from the set pics we have. Although I doubt that's the final set piece anyway.

I think after the huge battle in Gotham, Batman and Bane need to have one last more intimate fight, where Bats really beats the crap outta Bane.

Léo Ho Tep;22656515 said:
I think after the huge battle in Gotham, Batman and Bane need to have one last more intimate fight, where Bats really beats the crap outta Bane.

He could do that inside the building, after the fight moves up the steps. It appears that Bane is put down, his mask damaged or something. We didn't see Hardy out on the set after this scene. Perhaps it was his last moment, and then it switches over to Talia after she reveals herself and stabs Batman.

He could do that inside the building, after the fight moves up the steps. It appears that Bane is put down, his mask damaged or something. We didn't see Hardy out on the set after this scene. Perhaps it was his last moment, and then it switches over to Talia after she reveals herself and stabs Batman.

it could totally happens like that indeed. But I have this feeling it won't be the last we see of Bane. He may come back after the big chase with the batlobster.

Maybe. There's a massive crowd going all out against each other outside. If the army on Batman's side manage to turn the tide and win, and then find out Bane - the guy that made Gotham City a living hell, is down and out inside, I can see them storming in there to mete out some citizen justice.

Maybe. There's a massive crowd going all out against each other outside. If the army on Batman's side manage to turn the tide and win, and then find out Bane - the guy that made Gotham City a living hell, is down and out inside, I can see them storming in there to mete out some citizen justice.

I take it you don't want that last intimate fight :o

Bane may be a monster, but he's a monster who may fight alongside the LOS, so he may know a few tricks to escape without being caught.

Your theory is probably most likely to happen, but I don't know, I still like the idea of a last fight after that.

Léo Ho Tep;22656677 said:
I take it you don't want that last intimate fight :o

Where do I say that? My memory is a little hazy (the shoot seems like a while ago now) but I'm sure we don't know the extent of the fight once it moves indoors. Batman could hand out that intimate thrashing then. I'm purely speculating, but my idea has Batman's dominant victory over Bane, then Batman getting stabbed and downed in Talia's reveal. The bonus would be the crowd gushing in to see both warriors on the ground. Perhaps treating Batman in a similar manner to Peter Parker after the train fight in SM2. There could be some themes to play on in terms of what the Joker spoke about. Batman being adamant to them not to kill Bane. Not to be like him. And outside Catwoman goes after Talia.

Where do I say that? My memory is a little hazy (the shoot seems like a while ago now) but I'm sure we don't know the extent of the fight once it moves indoors. Batman could hand out that intimate thrashing then. I'm purely speculating, but my idea has Batman's dominant victory over Bane, then Batman getting stabbed and downed in Talia's reveal. The bonus would be the crowd gushing in to see both warriors on the ground. Perhaps treating Batman in a similar manner to Peter Parker after the train fight in SM2. There could be some themes to play on in terms of what the Joker spoke about. Batman being adamant to them not to kill Bane. Not to be like him. And outside Catwoman goes after Talia.

don't worry, I was only joking :cwink:. The thing is, I think there is something to be settled between those two far from anybody else. Your theory could totally work indeed (except for the Peter Parker scene... I really hate that scene) but to me, the antagonism between Batman and Bane is personnal in a way. It'll surely begin in an intimate way, with the sewer fight, and it could be interesting to end it in the same way.

Léo Ho Tep;22656715 said:
Your theory could totally work indeed (except for the Peter Parker scene... I really hate that scene)

A similar manner meaning showing respect and admiration to Batman, because by this stage it'd be public knowledge it's Bruce Wayne under the mask. I think it'd work.

A similar manner meaning showing respect and admiration to Batman, because by this stage it'd be public knowledge it's Bruce Wayne under the mask. I think it'd work.

I like the idea of Gotham's people trying to lynch (I'm not sure it's the correct word) Bane and Batman telling them to be better than that.

Léo Ho Tep;22656731 said:
I like the idea of Gotham's people trying to lynch (I'm not sure it's the correct word) Bane and Batman telling them to be better than that.

Yeah, I think it could be a powerful scene, akin to the ferries in TDK. Urging them. I think Bane could commit suicide somehow. Not sure how he'd do so with people around like that, though. Anyway, an injured Batman getting up in front of them, limping out the exit to fly off in the Lobster - to pick up the sphere bomb device, would be a nice sequence too.

Yeah, I think it could be a powerful scene, akin to the ferries in TDK. Urging them. I think Bane could commit suicide somehow. Not sure how he'd do so with people around like that, though. Anyway, an injured Batman getting up in front of them, limping out the exit to fly off in the Lobster - to pick up the sphere bomb device, would be a nice sequence too.

It could be like the climax in the cult, when blackfire admit he's afraid of Batman, and his men tear him apart. Except Bane would never surrender, and that's would be why they tear him apart.

Léo Ho Tep;22656781 said:
It could be like the climax in the cult, when blackfire admit he's afraid of Batman, and his men tear him apart. Except Bane would never surrender, and that's would be why they tear him apart.

Ah, that good ol' Deacon Blackfire. :funny:

Ah, that good ol' Deacon Blackfire. :funny:

I've been a supporter of the Cult as an inspiration since a long time ago :woot: and I'm not that guy who thought Blackfire was gonna be in the movie, but there are some obvious similarities!

I'm starting to believe that TDKR's gonna be a downer of a movie throughout. There's this feeling of dread, misery and overwhelming odds stacked that may be too tiring and hard for the audience to endure. Batman being blamed by the city and hunted for eight years for crimes he didn't commit, the whole suffering and pain that Bane will bring to him, the very clear possibility of one of his close friends dying... And after all this suffering, after all the **** Bruce has been trough, his loved ones dying right and centre, the city he sworn to protect burning, the citizens suffering, no matter how well Nolan lay out the storyline, people will expect relief from that. "Batman won!!", everyone does a happy dance and everything goes back to how it was. Everyone would leave the theather content with that. But we all know that won't happen with Nolan's story. I personally believe that it's gonna be a depressing ending. Like a freaking downer.

I'm starting to believe that TDKR's gonna be a downer of a movie throughout. There's this feeling of dread, misery and overwhelming odds stacked that may be too tiring and hard for the audience to endure. Batman being blamed by the city and hunted for eight years for crimes he didn't commit, the whole suffering and pain that Bane will bring to him, the very clear possibility of one of his close friends dying... And after all this suffering, after all the **** Bruce has been trough, his loved ones dying right and centre, the city he sworn to protect burning, the citizens suffering, no matter how well Nolan lay out the storyline, people will expect relief from that. "Batman won!!", everyone does a happy dance and everything goes back to how it was. Everyone would leave the theather content with that. But we all know that won't happen with Nolan's story. I personally believe that it's gonna be a depressing ending. Like a freaking downer.

Well it ain't over till the Fat Lady sings.lol

I don't think any of us are going to be sure on what the ending was, until one of us goes to a early screening and tells us on the forums.lol

I think the ending will be a feeling of victory, but ultimately Gothamites will be left with themselves to pick up the pieces, with both Batman and Bane gone.

How will you guys feel if the ending is like the ending of The Grey?

What if the ending was like the ending to The Departed.

バット人;22695151 said:
Batman, make a speech?

didn't he make one at the end of TDK? He was speaking to Gordon, but it was still a great speech, very inspirative.

Last edited:
Maybe it sounds cheesy, but I believe, that Gotham will find out that Bruce is Batman. That's how his legend will end. People will know the truth. Maybe that will inspire uprising against dictatorship of Bane. That's why Batman fights in daylight, among other cops. Like a symbol, like a leader, but not like a myth or a legend.

But I would add, there will be a subplot about personal life, and right now we don't have much clues.

Last edited:
I cannot see it work, this cannot happen. It would be so easy for someone to finish him off this way. His identity needs to remain a secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"