The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

I had a bad feeling that this would happen. I kinda expected production to be stop and go. Frequent testing does catch asymptomatic cases and limit the spread but can’t stop COVID-19. I hope nobody gets seriously sick. Part of me questions even allowing film production right now. I don’t want anyone getting sick for my entertainment.
The CW is a business like any other, so they're going to want to push for filming and be optimistic about covid testing coming back negative. They're never going to catch everyone though, nobody is. There's always a risk, regardless of how many precautions are taken etc.

Hopefully they'll be back filming before long, but ultimately, ones health is more important, and regardless of whether it's a cast member or cameraman or costume designer, the teams health is more valuable than the show, ultimately.

Shantel might be coming back, anything's possible. Their ratings can't be any lower, wouldn't be surprised if they reached out to the actress for a continued story arc. Her story is very abrupt in ending.
I'm assuming this rather bold statement is a desire, rather than a fact? Otherwise, where's your source?

As much as I'd agree with the chemistry she had with Barry (and maybe even Gustin) over Iris/Candice, I think it's simply too late in the game now for Patty to suddenly make a reappearance.

Before filming for S7 shut down, there were set photos on Twitter of

David Dastmalchain’s return as Abra Kadabra

David Ramsey To Direct, Return As John Diggle & Mystery Character In the CW’s Arrowverse – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: David Ramsey (aka John Diggle) will be busy both behind and in front of the camera for the CW. Ramsey, who most recently starred in Arrow as John Diggle/Spartan will return to direct five episodes in the DC Universe, including the new series Superman & Lois, and Supergirl.Additionally, Ramsey will guest star in five episodes across the Arrowverse, returning as fan favorite John Diggle in Superman & Lois, Supergirl, The Flash and Batwoman, along with a mystery role in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, which is being kept under wraps.

I'd like to think that the 7x05 title "Fear Me", along with David Ramsey's upcoming appearances on several of the shows, indicates that Sinestro will be the villain of this year's crossover. Won't happen, but a Green Lantern fan can wish.

The title also seems Batman-themed, so I guess it's about Red Death. I hope they don't do Dark Nights: Metal as the crossover.

I'm assuming this rather bold statement is a desire, rather than a fact? Otherwise, where's your source?

As much as I'd agree with the chemistry she had with Barry (and maybe even Gustin) over Iris/Candice, I think it's simply too late in the game now for Patty to suddenly make a reappearance.

Pagey, he's normally never wrong about his theories.

That's subjective and it's never too late to change storylines and directions of the plot. Patty could make an appearance, she could not. We don't control the show.

Any chance of Red Death being a villain at any point?
Not unless they revamp the backstory. DC TV doesn't seem keen to explicitly show Batman in all his glory. Its usually a murky shadow, 5 second, last minute appearance. Case in point Titans, Gotham, etc.

That said, they could make it Arrow or Batgirl who assumes the Red Death identitiy. But then they'd have to come up with a valid reason for that to happen. Likely just a consequence of Barry's consistent time screwing

I know the pandemic has affected the series, but the first episode airing near the end of Feb is still weeks away. plus they have to wrap up mirror master, and figure out what's happening with the speedforce, no flash if he has no powers.

they haven't even figured out how to build an artificial speedforce, at least nothing that's stable and even then that's only a quick fix, a permanent solution obviously needs to be executed.

i assume fixing the speedforce will have something to do with either thawne/reverse flash or godspeed, something like godspeed is so fast/powerful it's enough to recharge or resurrect the speedforce or create a new one, by the team catching godspeed they transfer his powers something like that maybe.

the series can only drag on so long if you keep bringing in the same villains, eventually the show should be called the flash vs the speedsters because those are 99% of all his villains on the tv show. There's a point where repeating similar stories or bringing the same villains makes it unoriginal, the reality is not every tv show is going to make it to 10 seasons or more, no point trying if you have no interesting stories to write or no new villains or ideas.

i assume fixing the speedforce will have something to do with either thawne/reverse flash or godspeed, something like godspeed is so fast/powerful it's enough to recharge or resurrect the speedforce or create a new one, by the team catching godspeed they transfer his powers something like that maybe.
Taking into account the speed force doesn't exist at the minute, should Godspeed - or any other speedster for that matter even have their speed?

The speed force is a sentient thing. I'm always confused by how Thawne's negative speed force isn't.

the series can only drag on so long if you keep bringing in the same villains, eventually the show should be called the flash vs the speedsters because those are 99% of all his villains on the tv show. There's a point where repeating similar stories or bringing the same villains makes it unoriginal, the reality is not every tv show is going to make it to 10 seasons or more, no point trying if you have no interesting stories to write or no new villains or ideas.
Reoccurring villains aren't the problem. The problem is poor writing.

The main villains for this show should have always been the rogues (as reoccurring seasonal villains) and Thawne, also as a reoccurring villain.

Reoccurring villains aren't the problem. The problem is poor writing.

The main villains for this show should have always been the rogues (as reoccurring seasonal villains) and Thawne, also as a reoccurring villain.
I don't agree with the rogues. Yes, I think the rogues being villains at one point could play strongly writing construction wise, but I don't see them as series main villain material.

There's also that 2 rogues got yanked off the show by Legends.

The Rogues are THE criminal gang in comics. They’re great and the show dropped the ball with them. Moving Snart and Heatwave to Legends was a mistake.

I don't agree with the rogues. Yes, I think the rogues being villains at one point could play strongly writing construction wise, but I don't see them as series main villain material.
I never said main villains though. A main villain is one that's typically defeated at the end of a season.

I would have liked the rouges to be a reoccurring problem throughout the entire show.

There's also that 2 rogues got yanked off the show by Legends.
Well yes, that's a shortcoming in the writing department.

I never said main villains though. A main villain is one that's typically defeated at the end of a season.

I would have liked the rouges to be a reoccurring problem throughout the entire show.
I don't know. I'm not into the whole trying to kill the Flash many times as revenge angle.
Well yes, that's a shortcoming in the writing department.
The Rogues are THE criminal gang in comics. They’re great and the show dropped the ball with them. Moving Snart and Heatwave to Legends was a mistake.
Was that The Flash show's call? I don't remember if they were the showrunners there.

I don't know. I'm not into the whole trying to kill the Flash many times as revenge angle.
But that's the beauty of it, the rouges needn't have been those guys; they could've easily played the parts(s) of antagonists without the murderous intent.

I don't remember which comic it was, but there was one comic where the rouges and the flash had a form of respect for each other, didn't Barry (as the flash) show up for a funeral or something?

For the show they could've been portrayed as antiheroes, or simply vigilantes that walked a very fine line.

There’s Flash fans complaining about the one week delay, I mean come on get a grip there’s been 6 seasons already, what one more week?!

There’s Flash fans complaining about the one week delay, I mean come on get a grip there’s been 6 seasons already, what one more week?!

due to the long wait I'm sure many fans are getting a little impatient, but you are correct as one more week isn't going to hurt.

the main thing is that the writing and stories are worth watching another season of the show.

With the long delay of the show due to the pandemic the way I see it, the writers have had more than enough time to read and listen to the fans concerns on the writing issues and other aspects of the show, this would've been a great time to actually come up with some really good stories for the upcoming season.

Rather than wash and repeat withe same similar stories or villains. fans have to remember the show is not the comics and the point is to tell the story of how barry allen became the flash and became the fastest man alive.

The show has not even climaxed on barry solidifying himself as the fastest man alive as other speedsters have seemed to display equal speed and sometimes they seem faster.

which is why having the same villains come back a few times during multiple seasons is fine but the final chapter or season end should really display barry's true potential and power making the fastest man alive.

****on a side note another member asked why thawnes speed hasn't been affected since the speedforce is no longer available....he did say he learned to create his own speedforce, yet he uses no special devices or anything to do that. So maybe thawne also relies on the speedforce but because he uses the negative aspect his speed is decreasing at a much slower rate than barry and just hasn't let on because he's using barry yet again for one of his ploys that he planned years ago, sort of like he did with the whole cicada story...just a thought on my part.

I have a theory they’ll “revamp” the Flash after this season, by that I think they’ll change the formula, up the budget and change/remove some of the cast. If my theory proves right I could see them kickstarting it with a major death to end of the season.

Just me or does the quality look a lot better, I’m talking the way it’s shot, filtered etc? Seemed more mature. Which could just be the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"