The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

I'm saying that Smallville accomplished an unprecedented accomplishment . For starters it was successful before the superheroes buzz was extremely popular both in film and television.

Their wouldn't even be a Cw superhero tv series, let alone a Green Arrow series without Smallville that first introduced Oliver Queen.

Both Amell and Gustin admitted multiple times when they talked with Michael Rosenbam in his podcast, how Smallville paved the way and how grateful they are for the success.

No one is arguing its success and it being the granddaddy of the Superheroes on tv.

I can easily see Flash hitting ten seasons, maybe even more of the cast and crew want to stick around.

No other CWDC show is going to manage that though. If Legends gets renewed for S8, I'll be truly amazed. Batwoman and Superman I don't think will exceed S5's respectively.

Stargirl may be a long run because the cast are all young and there's a lot more story to tell from the era. Might get S10 out of that eventually.

All other shows are done and dusted - or will be.

If Legends gets renewed for S8, I'll be truly amazed..

Not me. People have been saying this for years but they keep coming back. And I hope they do. It's the only CW DC show that hasn't gotten insanely boring and became a chore to watch.

I have a theory they’ll “revamp” the Flash after this season, by that I think they’ll change the formula, up the budget and change/remove some of the cast. If my theory proves right I could see them kickstarting it with a major death to end of the season.

great idea except they've already done that in so many different ways with the whole altering the timeline. If they do that they would just be repeating what they've already done.

In other words, you can't keep using with the whole changing the timeline or past in order to fix writing issues or reset the story when something doesn't make sense.

By now they should have more than enough in the budget to do decent things with show, including special effects. This show has to end it's season basically the way "smallville" did. At the end kal el finally accepts his destiny and dons the suit officially becoming superman. The flash needs to embrace that role, as well being able to say "i'm the fastest man alive" which currently is not the truth until this show ends or they make it pretty evident that he is.

great idea except they've already done that in so many different ways with the whole altering the timeline. If they do that they would just be repeating what they've already done.

In other words, you can't keep using with the whole changing the timeline or past in order to fix writing issues or reset the story when something doesn't make sense.

By now they should have more than enough in the budget to do decent things with show, including special effects. This show has to end it's season basically the way "smallville" did. At the end kal el finally accepts his destiny and dons the suit officially becoming superman. The flash needs to embrace that role, as well being able to say "i'm the fastest man alive" which currently is not the truth until this show ends or they make it pretty evident that he is.

Im not talking a reset in that kind of way, I’m talking something big happening like a character death which changes the tone of the show and the course of action for our characters.

Not me. People have been saying this for years but they keep coming back. And I hope they do. It's the only CW DC show that hasn't gotten insanely boring and became a chore to watch.
You know, you're probably right - at least right in that it'll somehow go on and on.

To a point, the joy with Legends is that they haven't got a central character so they can rotate the roster as often as they like, introduce new characters, remove old ones, and the show goes on, whereas if you remove the Flash or Batwoman, suddenly those shows become no more.

It's never boring either, but it's often laughable - and not always for the right reasons either. I do miss the old guys though; Snart, Firestorm, even Thawne. That season was the best for me as far as villains go.

The problem I have with legends is they don't always make the most of their ... utilities. Just look at Nate, and how often he doesn't steel up when it's needed - but then I suppose by comparison the number of times Barry hasn't used his speed (correctly or at all) says it all really..

everyone keeps talking about the trailer but honestly alot of those clips could've been taken from other episodes especially the scene where thawne says "run barry run".

Thawne either needs barry or is using him for another reason. Thawne has always needed barry allen to have speed and be the flash to basically exist. So, whatever mistakes barry makes that affects the speedforce or other speedsters good or bad, Thawne has always made sure he would not be defeated or undermined by the flash which is why he seems to always be a step ahead of barry.

The writers need to make sure that the speed force doesn't change and still remains as an energy field that grants all speedsters their power. Meaning they can't just flip it being some device that barry now needs to use to have superspeed....if that ends up happening I don't watch the show anymore, complete garbage to change what the speed force has always been for the character.

As for the blue spark in the trailer, that could just be showing his 1% of speed is ready to quit on him...unless they treat barry like goku from dragonball z. Barry ends up draining his power to be completely empty but forces himself beyond that recreating or creating his own speed force, similar to the way goku became a super saiyan during his freeza fight (if you never seen this cartoon you wouldn't know what I'm talking about).

This brings me back to the thawne using barry because remember in the comics barry is the engine, he is the speed force and without him nobody has speed, maybe this is where the writers are going that eventually all speedsters will lose there speed but thawne knows what needs to happen in order for him to survive....in a lot of ways thawne has to look out for barry so he doesn't screw things up too much because it affects him just as much.....this is what i think but i'm probably wrong, lol.

Im not talking a reset in that kind of way, I’m talking something big happening like a character death which changes the tone of the show and the course of action for our characters.

well there's only 3 major characters they can kill off and they already have done two of them. they've killed barry off and brought him back, they essentially killed iris off but saved her by altering the future, the only other person is joe. You kill cisco or frost off and it's like ya ok not cool but not a big deal really so that doesn't leave anybody else thats gonna change the tone of the show.

I have a theory they’ll “revamp” the Flash after this season, by that I think they’ll change the formula, up the budget and change/remove some of the cast. If my theory proves right I could see them kickstarting it with a major death to end of the season.

Maybe they'll go ahead and make Iris the Flash since she's been saying she also is for the past few seasons.

well there's only 3 major characters they can kill off and they already have done two of them. they've killed barry off and brought him back, they essentially killed iris off but saved her by altering the future, the only other person is joe. You kill cisco or frost off and it's like ya ok not cool but not a big deal really so that doesn't leave anybody else thats gonna change the tone of the show.

Well I think Joe is who you go with, it would totally change things.

I don’t quite agree that people would just think Not Cool if Cisco or Caitlin were killed off though. They’re very popular characters, they’d also make a great impact.

The thing is if the show continues as it has been while it’s still an entertaining show it seriously has lost its edge. I think having Joe die in some really dramatic way would be a great catalyst for changing things up.

Maybe they'll go ahead and make Iris the Flash since she's been saying she also is for the past few seasons.

:funny:

Has she? Where? And who says that's her calling herself that and not it's her being not literal about the phrasing?

We-are-the-Flash.jpg

ya but then again just using iris with superspeed yet again, nothing new and still boring. This show has to end with barry allen solidifying himself as the fastest man alive, I don't care how the writers do it as long as it's epic, memorable, ending to the show.

Right now barry is no more powerful than any speedster in the show, he doesn't even show that he's more powerful...wally does stuff he can't do, zoom, RF, and pretty much every villain has smoked him in terms of playing cat and mouse, i'm not even closely convinced he's the fastest man alive which is probably why the writers took that quote out of the intro as they realized it was all lies...at least at this point in the show.

The concept was about barry allen becoming the flash, so this is essentially smallville wrapped up as the flash...like smallville wasn't about superman, the flash tv series isn't about the post flash it's about becoming and the early stages of him actually taking on that mantle of fastest man alive.

In other words the stories being told shouldn't really be one's that happen when he takes that mantle as accepting being the flash...yes he has in the tv show but he hasn't in many ways, he's hessitant, doesn't have faith in the speed force, bsaically hasn't fully accepted being the flash and his powers.....it's sort of like smallville where kal el had all those kryptonian experiences and bits of information/training but the end is where he becomes the man of steel, superman.

This is how I see the flash tv show, barry is wearing a suit, calling himself the flash, but he still holds back and doesn't fully understand his powers or know all about them....it's funny how thawne is like a tutor and barry is still learning yet he still runs around saving people as the flash.

Last edited:
Thawne either needs barry or is using him for another reason. Thawne has always needed barry allen to have speed and be the flash to basically exist. So, whatever mistakes barry makes that affects the speedforce or other speedsters good or bad, Thawne has always made sure he would not be defeated or undermined by the flash which is why he seems to always be a step ahead of barry.

[snip]

This brings me back to the thawne using barry because remember in the comics barry is the engine, he is the speed force and without him nobody has speed, maybe this is where the writers are going that eventually all speedsters will lose there speed but thawne knows what needs to happen in order for him to survive....in a lot of ways thawne has to look out for barry so he doesn't screw things up too much because it affects him just as much.....this is what i think but i'm probably wrong, lol.
This doesn't make any sense, however you look at it.

There were speedsters (Jay Garrick) before Barry Allen, and there are speedsters after Barry Allen too, so his life and death can't be tied to the speedforce too much. If it's directly connected to time, then his mere existence in a small portion of time would be all that was needed, and yet we know this isn't the case - seemingly.

Thawne is an odd one, as he has his vendetta against Barry, and he's had amply opportunities to kill him (both in comic, and in this series), yet doesn't. He likes to toy with Barry and make his life as miserable as he can, but I've yet to get the impression that Thawne actually wants to kill Barry. It's odd.

Is it possible that Harrison Wells may impersonate Barry?

So Barry bulked up, could we see a new suit as well to go with a bulker Flash ?

I think this may be the first season where the show doesn't go through any upgrades

Well, we're supposed to get yellow boots at some point this season aren't we? I thought I remember the showrunner saying we'd be seeing them soon.

Flash Boss Teases Diggle's Next Visit (And the 'Problem' He'll Be Juggling)

During TVLine’s in-depth Season 7 preview Q&A (publishing later this week), we asked showrunner Eric Wallace what The Flash‘s specific plans for Dig are. “Boy, that’s a spoiler!” he replied with a hearty laugh, before offering a tease for what’s to come.

“When we last saw Diggle, he had a situation at the end of Arrow that he needed to deal with,” Wallace reminded, “so he arrives to help Team Flash in the back half of the season carrying the weight of that ‘problem.’ And the question is: How can he help Team Flash when he’s got something even bigger on his mind? And that’s what the story is.”

Speaking to Diggle’s long-teased destiny as a Green Lantern, Arrowverse EP Marc Guggenheim told TVLine over a year ago, “Greg [Berlanti], David and I have had a lot of conversations about David’s future in the Arrowverse going forward, both in front [of] and behind the camera, and there are a lot of ideas that we’re banding about that are very exciting to us…. We’ve just got some cool notions for next season.”

TVLINE | You had a long summer and then some to noodle with those leftover episodes. Outside of the whole Ralph thing (cast member Hartley Sawyer was fired in June), did you end up making any changes?
Yes, the first and the third episodes of the season changed. The first changed about 20 percent, let’s say. Our premiere was not intended to be a premiere, so we had to give it an entirely new opening that had more Flash-y action, because people want to see Flash (played by Grant Gustin), and Eva McCulloch in her Mirror costume. We had to re-engineer the entire first third of the premiere, which was a really fun challenge, but I think it made the episode much stronger.

In order to then wrap up Eva’s story, there was an episode early in the season that literally we had to change almost half of it. That was also due to COVID, too. Usually to wrap up a storyline we have hundreds of extras and all of these things going on in downtown Vancouver, we blow up cars…. We have a sense of scale and spectacle to end the Big Bad, and we couldn’t do that because of COVID, but we still had to have spectacle — so how do you do that? And we had to deal with the loss of a cast member in the Elongated Man, who was very wrapped up in that story, because we have to exonerate Sue [of Joseph Carver’s murder]….

TVLINE | Give me a little something about when Cisco (who went to visit Atlantis) and Caitlin/Frost (who went with their mom to recuperate from an injury) eventually return.
Caitlin, because of COVID, came back sooner than expected [since Panabaker’s maternity leave ended during the pandemic]; that was a real blessing. You won’t have to wait long at all for Caitlin and Frost to return, and we actually added scenes to bring Frost in at least two to three episodes sooner than originally planned.

TVLINE | I saw your quotes over the hiatus about Joe West’s upcoming storyline inspired by recent “societal changes.” How tricky is it bringing a real-life topic like that into a show like The Flash?
It’s tricky. You have to walk a fine line between being honest with the audience about social justice issues while also remembering that this is family-oriented entertainment, so you can’t get too heavy. It has been tricky, but I think we found a good balance, and it helped us find what I think for Joe is his most interesting character journey yet. It’s going to take him to some very unexpected places, and Jesse [L. Martin] has risen to the challenge and is knocking it outta the park.
The Flash Season 7 Preview: 'Extreme Measures,' Three Returns and One Hero's 'Most Interesting Journey Yet'

Reading through this interview and finales always having to blow things up and have large crowds brought me back to the Buffy days....they were able to pull off very satisfying finales that didnt involve Sunnydale getting trashed and a bunch of civilians running around scared.

John Wesley Shipp is supposed to show up on the second season of stargirl, don't know if he will also appear on FLASH....but he posted this pic today -
155037380_10224436677841650_7524847017707261837_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"