The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Since the debut of The Flash the series had teased that crisis would be the endgame to cement the legacy of The Speedster.
tumblr_nd3t9eswNS1qht9lao1_500.gif main-qimg-d3bad9db4df4d03c6fbe0f331c967f35.jpeg

Crisis has happened sooner and more too the point the timeline is altered with Flash 90 making the ultimate sacrifice. I think a new threat needs to be set in place so the series has an actual finale rather than winging it.

Since the debut of The Flash the series had teased that crisis would be the endgame to cement the legacy of The Speedster.
View attachment 44079 View attachment 44080

Crisis has happened sooner and more too the point the timeline is altered with Flash 90 making the ultimate sacrifice. I think a new threat needs to be set in place so the series has an actual finale rather than winging it.

Its funny, this was supposed to be a big Barry event and they took that away from him and gave it to Oliver.

God Crisis was so bad. Such a let down. They should've fought for it to be the season finale or something. Somehow Barry should've been gone (again) for close to a year and come back to a world that had to adjust with him not around.

Honestly I think they should've have built Wally West character better so he could have been a worthy successor when Barry makes the sacrifice in crisis.

Barry's not making any sacrifice now, except maybe for sacrificing his intelligence each week so villains can defeat him.

View attachment 44079 View attachment 44080

Its funny, this was supposed to be a big Barry event and they took that away from him and gave it to Oliver.

God Crisis was so bad. Such a let down. They should've fought for it to be the season finale or something. Somehow Barry should've been gone (again) for close to a year and come back to a world that had to adjust with him not around.
Honestly I think they should've have built Wally West character better so he could have been a worthy successor when Barry makes the sacrifice in crisis.
I posted a re-do (a slightly different one that I have before) for Crisis here on this part of the forums:

https://forums.superherohype.com/threads/fixing-the-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossover.556026/

I'd like to hear thoughts on it.

No wonder they never mentioned Barry having ultra instinct level speed thinking, team Flash would be pointless if he did.

I still believe he had speed thinking the moment he became the Flash, but the fake speed force jacked it and probably all the Wells being in his head that one point.

No wonder they never mentioned Barry having ultra instinct level speed thinking, team Flash would be pointless if he did.
I get the feeling that this episode is the writers' response to criticism of Barry relying so much on the skills and advice of his team. Being super-competent has its drawbacks, and Barry still makes colossal blunders when he acts on his own.

I get the feeling that this episode is the writers' response to criticism of Barry relying so much on the skills and advice of his team. Being super-competent has its drawbacks, and Barry still makes colossal blunders when he acts on his own.

I can admit that in a few instances, the "coaching" of Barry has been heavy-handed. However, I have never had a problem with Team Flash. Someone with the power level of the Flash shouldn't try to use it without getting some feedback from others. Seeing the Flash sans emotions reminded me of this quote from Batman in JL : Doom about the dangers of super power:

"And what if we ever used it for some other purpose? If you people can't see the potential danger of a out of control Justice League, then I don't need to wait for a vote. I don't belong here ."

While Bruce's methods of employing a failsafe were questionable, he understood a fundamental truth. In Barry's case, someone who can do things like nearly stop time and rewrite past events should never do so without forethought and review. He needs Team Flash because accountability makes him a better hero.

I need some opinions from everyone. I dropped Flash after Season 2 and wanted to know if it’s worth it to keep going. I haven’t seen anything CW related since like 2015. Can I stick with Flash only and find it enjoyable?

I need some opinions from everyone. I dropped Flash after Season 2 and wanted to know if it’s worth it to keep going. I haven’t seen anything CW related since like 2015. Can I stick with Flash only and find it enjoyable?

My tastes in TV drama may be different from yours, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I'd say that this show, at this point, is not worth starting to watch. I've been watching since the beginning of the series, and I'm continuing out of habit and in the faint hope that it will reclaim the spark that it lost, but I did that with Earth: Final Conflict and Once Upon A Time as they spiraled down, and Flash seems to be following the pattern. Flash has momentum because it was once captivating, but now it's the kind of show that I let the TV play in the background while I'm doing other stuff, and the characters' journeys have reached the stage of Dorothy Heydt's Eight Deadly Words for a dramatic work: "I don't care what happens to these people."

I'm enjoying Superman and Lois. It's new, it has a cinematic presentation, and the slower pace makes the drama seem more real and the characters more interesting.

Frankly, season 5 is the only still worth watching.

Honestly...not really. I barely remember anything after S2/Zoom. Flashpoint was lazy, Wally wasnt utuilized correctly. There are some good episodes here and there and its still an ok show but the charm is gone.

Neat, I'm curious as to how it'll differ from Nora.

Ironicallly, I think he actually he looks a bit like he could be the child of Ezra Miller's Barry Allen and Clemons's Iris.

23a79961-83a9-427a-9968-57c28ecea0e1-getty-1203904522.jpg

00585af2a05e8d29209540adfd5bbbc727932477.jpg

SW543.jpg

Wally really is never coming back, huh?

Wally really is never coming back, huh?
I don't think Keiynan wants to. I do wonder if Bart was always in the cards for this season or if they're bringing him on because they lost Ralph and Sue

Nora still exists post Crisis or is Bart the replacement for Nora?

Not sure how I feel about this knowing the writers couldn't keep interesting storylines going for Wally or Nora.

If there's one thing this show probably doesn't need right now is additional insignificant speedsters of good.

Changing him to their son is stupid imo. Lets keep going forward! Stop introducing their kids when she isnt even pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"