The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Thread Manager, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

‘The Flash’ Season Finale: EP Eric Wallace Talks Season 8 & More – Deadline

#1601 Web-Head, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  2. Reek _____

3. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

this feels incomplete without Cisco

4. Pennywise Registered

5. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Why doesn't Danielle Panabaker feature twice on that poster?

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Because that'd be overkill

7. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I think that was Felicity's codename when she dropped that bomb on Ragman's city. :o

Babillygunn likes this.
  8. Micromind Registered

So, MM is not going to appear again in Arrow-verse ? Why not get him to appear in Superman & Lois ?

9. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I suppose Martian Manhunter could theoretically appear in Superman and Lois, but just not played by David Harewood since MM is a shapeshifter.

But perhaps they're going to say that he's discovered a lost colony of martians and is now going off to be with them.

10. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

can’t say I’m surprised, he basically said in his interview with Michael Rosenbaum that he was done with the role and wanted to move on.

11. Micromind Registered

Well, I'm sure many viewers will miss him not being around. Also, his MM looked better than MM in ZSJL.

12. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Honestly they did him dirty, Martian Manhunter was powerful in the beginning and then they nerf him down and plus they stop using the cgi alien and more of David’s face as John Jones in the suit.

debatable

Lencho01 and Primal Slayer like this.
  13. Thome216 Registered

I much preferred seeing Harewood suited up as MM rather than using dicey CGI that just stood out.

14. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I liked him in the role but I grow tired of seeing alien characters just turned into ordinary humans for 99% of their screentime.

I dont think he is retiring from the role so we could very well see him guest somewhere in hte Arrowverse in the future.

15. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Meanwhile back to The Flash..... I feel like Grant has a little more clout to say if he wants to go past season 8. Especially if during the hiatus he becomes a father and decides he's done with the role much like Melissa and other cast have done in these shows.

16. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Grant probably won't make the same mistake as Stephen did and miss out on his family life because his quota is upgraded. I see Season 8 as a farewell, there is no hype for this show and the low ratings don't even register. I forgot it was still going on, the writing is so bad, the characters have been enough, the canceling of certain actors while others who behave the same way remain on for reasons. What is keeping this show afloat? It isn't quality. Danielle and Grant have families now, Carlos and Tom have jumped ship. Melissa Benoist called this early, Grant can too. The show is pretty much done these days. It leaves room for the movie that will come out.

Flash525 and CadeSkywalker28 like this.
  17. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'm sure the door will be left open for him via other CW DC shows, he's just suiting up for the final time in Supergirl is all.

18. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

I am wondering whether Grant might cameo in the Flashpoint movie much like Ezra did in Crisis.

that would be a nice swan song.

19. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I miss when CW really cared about the Arrowverse

Flash525, CadeSkywalker28 and Slick like this.
  20. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Season 8 should wrap the Flash show up. Lets be honest, the show has lost it's way, and no amount of creative is going to be able to restore it. Melissa has called it early, Stephen called it too late, and other cast members (like Routh/Atom) had it called for them.

Gustin has portrayed the Flash well, but he can only work with what's written for him, and the stories are becoming repetitive - not only that, but how many times must a villain be talked around to seeing the light, and how often must there be an emotional scene centring on family? How often must Iris be involved?; that's not a discredit to the actress either (not this time). It's again the writing department.

I really hope the 2022 crossover episodes (or are they late 2021?) excel in whatever they're going to do with them, because even the crossover events of late have been lacklustre. I miss the days of Barry & Ollie, but there's too many shows now, many of which are out of time (Black Lightening was cancelled, Supergirl is wrapping, and I hear Batwoman isn't being renewed?) or have turned into a joke (Legends).

I'll genuinely be surprised if Flash gets a 9th season, and you can't support the CWDCverse with Legends because the show has become laughable. Other than Superman (and Lois), Stargirl is the only show that's left, and I'm still hopeful (very hopeful) that Stargirl doesn't cross over with any of the other shows.

I genuinely don't see how much longer the CWDCverse can last. Legends can't possibly have much left in it. Unless a new show is lit, it's going to fall on Superman and Stargirl - and the Lantern Corps series (which again, is disconnected from the other CW shows).

It's kinda' a shame that they can't do a decent version of Legends; sorta' a Justice League of difference; Batwing/Batwoman, Nora and/or Bart Allen, bring back Ray Palmer, but even then, you run the risk of the show becoming a joke.

vantheman77 likes this.
  21. Pennywise Registered

22. Slick Yup

I loved every crossover so I’m happy about this event. I know there not perfect but for me the crossovers are pretty fun.

23. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Wait! Who wanted to see Mia Queen again? :rolleyes:

I'm on board for everyone else though, especially Routh; he was dealt dirty with Legends. I do wish they'd leave Damien out of it now though - how many times has he died already?

24. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Well my excitement decreased rapidly. It seemed like majority of people were chosen because they are light on the special effects budget.

Do i need to see Alex? No.

Do i want Mia without Laurel/Dinah? Hell no.

Black Lightning? Sign me up!

Batwoman? Meh

Ryan Choi? Why? Unless he becomes The Atom.

25. Pennywise Registered