The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother noticed the pattern of these CW shows of current have, they reveal the identity of the big bad of the season in episode 9, with the exception of current season of Arrow being thrown at us since the start.

Do you think we will see who Zoom is two weeks from now?

Seems plausible. Although, in fairness, season 3 of Arrow didn't technically quite fit that mold. It did solidify what the plot lines were and whether Ra's would be the threat, but Ra's was technically revealed from the beginning.

I think it's more a question of when the break hits. All those other ones seem crafted for that purpose. If the break is after the crossover episode, I'm going with no (that seems more to set up LoT).

I just finished catching up with The 100 (GREAT show for anyone who's interested) and there's one episode where two of the main characters are going up against a raging Gorilla. The CGI was surprisingly well done and all I could think was "I hope we get an action scene like this is the Flash with Grodd." Especially since I imagine Flash has a bigger budget to work with than The 100.

Seems plausible. Although, in fairness, season 3 of Arrow didn't technically quite fit that mold. It did solidify what the plot lines were and whether Ra's would be the threat, but Ra's was technically revealed from the beginning.

I think it's more a question of when the break hits. All those other ones seem crafted for that purpose. If the break is after the crossover episode, I'm going with no (that seems more to set up LoT).

Ra's was also mentioned by name as far back as early Season 2.

There will be one more episode after the crossover and right before the Winter break.

it's a Christmas themed Rogues team-up. Here's a set pic with Weather Wizard and Mark Hamill eating red vines in a Santa costume:
tf-xmas60-ee.jpg

The actress playing Iris also hinted that this episode might be Wally West's debut.

If that's the case I'm hoping that Zoom isn't Earth-2 or future Wally

Glad Flash's team will go to Earth-2 as it can't be one-sided.

Do you guys think they'll ever fully reveal on why Eobard Thawne came to hate (Future) Barry within this universe?

Do you guys think they'll ever fully reveal on why Eobard Thawne came to hate (Future) Barry within this universe?

I definitely think they will, I'd be surprised if Reverse Flash wasn't a season big bad at least one more time, I get the impression that them not elaborating on why he hates Barry so much was a deliberate move to keep options open should they wish to use him again.

I had a dream of watching a 4 episodes arc, strangely crossing over with an animated series featuring Nightwing in his Robin days.
Episode 3 had Arrow dressing as the Question near the end of it, and it made a female member faint out of panic from the sight of the outfit, because she met an evil Question.
Episode 4 had Barry kidnapped, Harrison Wells lined a bunch of people including Arrow and Joe West, Joe is tired of Harrison's bossy act and punches him.

I did notice how obvious it was in this season how weak Barry is. He could easily do things one minute then back track and ignore the solution the next minute. No idea why the writers are really stretching this origins story so much so that it's becoming hard to watch the same things happening to Barry. He relies too much on his team. I realize Zoom is different and he's never faced someone as experienced as him, but with other villains, these really novice moves, I've actually seen this show a couple times on The Soup last season. I'm surprised Joel McHale hasn't featured any battle scenes lately. The writers could do better. I know it's the second season but can Barry have a moment where he behaves like he knows what he's doing?

I did notice how obvious it was in this season how weak Barry is. He could easily do things one minute then back track and ignore the solution the next minute. No idea why the writers are really stretching this origins story so much so that it's becoming hard to watch the same things happening to Barry. He relies too much on his team. I realize Zoom is different and he's never faced someone as experienced as him, but with other villains, these really novice moves, I've actually seen this show a couple times on The Soup last season. I'm surprised Joel McHale hasn't featured any battle scenes lately. The writers could do better. I know it's the second season but can Barry have a moment where he behaves like he knows what he's doing?
To be fair he did do that with his battle with Zoom him self even though ge got the worst beat down of his life. that free fall fight was barry's idea cause he was having trouble keeping up so that move leveled playing field for that time . But it was as Cisco said to caitlyne barry's idea also the lighting attack was barry;s idea too (though that's when the tide turned for barry) and the beat down started. I think if they allowed him to tdo this more and let him succeed it won't be much of a problem and to change it up let there be something that interfere with his ear comm's other wise last week's episode with zoom was a good start they just have to let him win at times as much as he loose when he makes his own chose's with an approach

To be fair he did do that with his battle with Zoom him self even though ge got the worst beat down of his life. that free fall fight was barry's idea cause he was having trouble keeping up so that move leveled playing field for that time . But it was as Cisco said to caitlyne barry's idea also the lighting attack was barry;s idea too (though that's when the tide turned for barry) and the beat down started. I think if they allowed him to tdo this more and let him succeed it won't be much of a problem and to change it up let there be something that interfere with his ear comm's other wise last week's episode with zoom was a good start they just have to let him win at times as much as he loose when he makes his own chose's with an approach

But he didn't try to research Zoom at all. All the information they have is what Wells and Jay tell them, which isn't a lot to go from. There was no strategy. I give Barry props for being brave and facing him, something Jay couldn't have done, but alone? He didn't know who he was up against. I don't know, the writers could have went a better angle with the execution. I still enjoyed the episode, but it doesn't change the fact that Barry is a novice, it's being proved every time he's in battle. Barry was using all he knew which barely effected Zoom, but he just doesn't know enough to take him head on.

At this point Barry doesn't win anything by himself, he almost always gets help and strategy options from his team. I'd just like this to eventually change.

Last edited:
But he didn't try to research Zoom at all. All the information they have is what Wells and Jay tell them, which isn't a lot to go from. There was no strategy. I give Barry props for being brave and facing him, something Jay couldn't have done, but alone? He didn't know who he was up against. I don't know, the writers could have went a better angle with the execution. I still enjoyed the episode, but it doesn't change the fact that Barry is a novice, it's being proved every time he's in battle. Barry was using all he knew which barely effected Zoom, but he just doesn't know enough to take him head on.

At this point Barry doesn't win anything by himself, he almost always gets help and strategy options from his team. I'd just like this to eventually change.
Well I've stated this before both good heroes and leader's are supposed to take advice from ehter the people they lead and in barry's case tthe people that support him which is the starlabs team . what needs to be done how is to show case him having idea's of his own more often as they did here and succeeding and also as you said to research his foe I think Dr.well's can indeed help him more and I think jay can help when he get's his powers back.

but what needs to be done more is for barry to do the research after he's a CSI and for to come up with the idea's of him self on how he does things and more importantly how he'll approach thing's.

he's the one out in the field most times it's his calland he makes the final chose on how he approach's things . that's the important part. but there's nothing wrong with taking advice from other's it' what make both good heroes and leaders what they arand even better cause of it. butthey need to have balance and let him do these thing more him self .

What research is he supposed to do on Zoom exactly? Zoom is this mysterious/shadowy "demon" from a parallel universe (that Barry only recently knew about) and even his identity/face is unknown. Not a lot to "research" there I'm afraid. And the people who know the most about Zoom are, surprise surprise, Earth-2 Wells and Jay.

Gain more information on his weaknesses. He just dives in. But I think the writers wanna keep the mystery here which I get. I was more referring to metas Barry can easily defeat. Not on Zoom's level.

What research is he supposed to do on Zoom exactly? Zoom is this mysterious/shadowy "demon" from a parallel universe (that Barry only recently knew about) and even his identity/face is unknown. Not a lot to "research" there I'm afraid. And the people who know the most about Zoom are, surprise surprise, Earth-2 Wells and Jay.

Gain more information on his weaknesses. He just dives in. But I think the writers wanna keep the mystery here which I get. I was more referring to metas Barry can easily defeat. Not on Zoom's level.

they will be head to earth two and there has to be evidence there for them to find out about him . The reason both Jay and Dr.well' don't know much about him was cause jay feared zoom with just trying fight him when he showed up. and dr. well's was a bit too caught up in him selfv invention wise before his kid was taken which forced him to take action. so they both weren't actively trying to track him down and nether is a detective or csi cop or agent of any sort .which barry is a csi at least. . So we'll see what will happen when barry and the star labs team with well's and possible jay head to earth 2.

Can you imagine Barry wearing Jay's helmet in addition his own suit that he would resemble his Kingdom Come version?

Question for you guys: when they do the crossovers, has it been two parters? If so, do they include both parts in each Blu-ray/DVD release? If not, do they include the crossover from another show in general in the release?

Question for you guys: when they do the crossovers, has it been two parters? If so, do they include both parts in each Blu-ray/DVD release? If not, do they include the crossover from another show in general in the release?

Both parts were not in the Flash blu-ray release. But, they're not really two parters. At least last seasons wasn't really, if I remember correctly.

I've been thinking (again) Barry is obviously going to need help taking on Zoom and it seems quite obvious that Jay will help him when the time comes but maybe so will Wally West. Now the problem there is Jay doesn't have his powers and I'm assuming Wally doesn't have any yet either. Anyone think there's a chance of another Particle accelator explosion or something similar that leads to Jay getting his powers back and Wally obtaining his?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"