The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year is the 60th Anniversary of Flash Barry Allen whose first appearance was in October 1956 and starting the Silver Age.

Dammit, I completely forgot this returned tonight lol .. I guess I'll catch it on the CW app tomorrow morning at work

Well that ended really quick. I was expecting at least a couple of EPs before everything was - somewhat - reset.

It was a really good episode - up until the last ten minutes or so.

So, basically, Barry gave up both of his parents for Wally and to save his faltering memory and powers...

And was relieved about getting back as though something really terrible had happened...

I want to like it, but it seemed to be too little reason for giving up his parents all over again.

He ends up treating it as a 'snap-shot' of life with his parents and a way to say goodbye.

Which in a way, I could see, but only if it hadn't wrapped up so quickly.

Last edited:
It was nice to have Alex Désert as Julio Mendez cameo in Flashpoint as chief of CCPD. I wonder post-Flashpoint is David Singh, the Central City Police Captain no more and Julio Mendez is the new Police Captain?

It was nice to have Alex Désert as Julio Mendez cameo in Flashpoint as chief of CCPD. I wonder post-Flashpoint is David Singh, the Central City Police Captain no more and Julio Mendez is the new Police Captain?

Yeah, I noticed that right away. Unfortunately I saw his name show up right before he appeared but I was still pleasantly surprised.

THE FLASH: "Big Mistake" Trailer (Preview for the upcoming episodes)

[YT]JMJzEwuAr58[/YT]

Looks like Flashpoint resolution may have been quick but the effects will be felt a little bit longer and certain characters will over go changes. Killer frost tease, Cisco in a depression center and Iris ????

Jay appears to know about Flashpoint

Glad Earth 2 Harry and Jesse are back, I guess wally's kid flash transformation will come later in the season.

Since Reverse Flash never got stuck back in time, what does this mean, is this another paradox?
:hmr:

Personally, i'd have preferred that Flashpoint took at least two episodes to run... felt really rushed TBH. not sure about the shift at the end, how does that affect Arrow & Legends?

Wally looked good as Kid Flash, apart from the fact they appeared to remove his neck, split it in two and graft the parts onto his arms to make them longer...

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I would have preferred this Flashpoint to last several episodes, possibly leading up to the crossover, so it could show how everything changed on all shows.

But at the same time, I really liked this episode and the twist at the end hinting at many things not being the same, although that still leaves the question of, how does this affect Arrow in the immediate future?

One thing I will say though, first 5 minutes had me dying for some West-Allen, and its a shame that their relationship, as we have seen it develop, has felt very weird because of their sibling-esque dynamic. If Flashpoint changes anything permanently, I would hope it is that, although I guess that hurts the other relationships Barry has with the West family.

Barry, please jsut stop time-traveling. Everytime you do this show's rules become more convoluted. The entire timeline strated somewhat logically, but now's basically spaghetti. Now Thawne apparently was able to leave the timeline with his powers intact, yet Flash's still Flash before he should logically be.

Random thought, this won't happen, but you know how during the crossovers, the intros will reference each other's shows? I just think it'd be funny- and long- if that happened for this one as well. Picture it:

"Previously on The Flash and Arrow and DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Vixen and Supergirl and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and-"

Okay, obviously that won't happen, but I'd find that funny.

‘The Flash’s Teddy Sears talks DC TV costumes:

http://heroichollywood.com/the-flash-teddy-sears-dctv-costumes/

Sears was asked about working in the Zoom costume while praising the work that goes into the DC TV costumes across the shows and more.

“It wasn’t hot! The really put the money into the suit to get it right, which meant really, I think, good materials – specifically really sort of high quality leather. I you look closely at the suit in pictures, you know, it’s perforated in places: on the shoulders, specifically, in the torso – so basically, it breathed. And it was fine, it was really comfortable, it was really cool!”

I loved seeing him again! It was a great surprise

I definitely loved the way they worked Julio Mendez into the episode, great way to bring him in.

So, does anyone else hope that this season they finally start a metahuman ward at Iron Heights? I really hate the STAR Labs makeshift prison. It makes Barry and the team intensely unlikable. To think that there are metahumans being kept in a tiny room in solitary confinement with no sunlight for the rest of their lives without due process is cruelty to the highest degree.

having stayed away from this series, I finally got the Season 1 on Blu-Ray and watched the 1st ep last night.

I loved it!

So, does anyone else hope that this season they finally start a metahuman ward at Iron Heights? I really hate the STAR Labs makeshift prison. It makes Barry and the team intensely unlikable. To think that there are metahumans being kept in a tiny room in solitary confinement with no sunlight for the rest of their lives without due process is cruelty to the highest degree.

It's ironic, because on the Supergirl crossover Barry showed the NCPD how to build a prison to contain the meta-humans so they wouldn't have to be kept
prisoner at the DEO. Which really has more authority to keep prisoners, being an official government agency. Star Labs is basically kidnapping them.

While the Flashpoint was only one episode. Barry did say he was with his parents for 3 months. So it wasn't a day or two decision to go back and stop what happened to his Mom.

Just hoping the Flashpoint after-effect is retconning some issues that need to be fixed.

Not a chance are they going to recon their mistakes away... they're just going to add new ones to the show.

It's ironic, because on the Supergirl crossover Barry showed the NCPD how to build a prison to contain the meta-humans so they wouldn't have to be kept
prisoner at the DEO. Which really has more authority to keep prisoners, being an official government agency. Star Labs is basically kidnapping them.

I'm in agreement that they are pretty much abducting people. No matter that those people were evil and committing crimes, Team Flash is committing even greater crimes in the process.

As to the crossover, with the Supes already active and battling metahumans in the open, it was easier for the Superverse Earth to accept ways of keeping metahumans captive. In that regard, Earth 1 is lagging behind in open acceptance of super humans and how ill-prepared they are to deal with them.

Now with the arrival of Maggie Sawyer and the new Science Division of the police force, obviously they are beginning to accept the existence of super humans and that they must deal with them.

Captain Cold RETURNS!

90a7ag.jpg

WENTWORTH MILLER RETURNS AS CAPTAIN COLD; MIRROR MASTER AND THE TOP BATTLE WITH THE FLASH: Barry (Grant Gustin) continues to train Jesse (Guest Star Violett Beane) and when a New Metahuman, Mirror Master (Guest Star Grey Damon), appears on the scene he lets her tag along. Mirror Master has Teamed up with his Old Partner, Top (Guest star Ashley Rickards), and is looking for Snart (Wentworth Miller) to even a score. Jesse is quick to join the chase but defies one of Barry’s orders which results in disastrous consequences.

October 25, 2016

:pcg::pcg:

The Barry/Iris stuff was incredibly cute in this episode and honestly made me tear up

This show has made me tear up so many times

If they ever kill Joe off I'm going to be ****ing pissed. dat Joe/Barry dynamic is so authentic, it really warms my heart

How is Captain Cold back? Is it because of Flashpoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"