The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

I just do t see Aaron Paul as that guy. I always felt Robert Kneaper would be A interesting Freddy Kruger but he’s probably to old now.

Knepper would be absolutely brilliant as Freddy, and I don't think age would be much of an issue, Freddy isn't/shouldn't be as physical as Michael or Jason, and I don't need the next Freddy to play the role as long as Englund did, one or two decent films is all I ask.

I think Primal Slayer meant different box sets for each different continuity, as in a box set for 1, 2, H20, Resurrection, and a box set for 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6

Last edited:
Tom Hiddleston would make a terrific Freddy. Miles Teller too

tumblr_pa2g34qGnV1x0bvwko3_400.gif
tumblr_pa2g34qGnV1x0bvwko4_400.gif

Also Halloween II.

kf6WlJF.gif

The only part I have trouble with is this scene:

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h04m14s916.png

Whoever is in charge of that prison should be fired. And the guy with the bright idea of bringing the mask to Michael needs an aluminum bat to the knee caps. Idiots.

Yes it's one of the problems i have as it feels stupid to have some guy bring a mask to Michael, they are asking for trouble.

I finally remembered what I wanted to say for a while now:
Its been stated in an interview that Carpenter wants this to be the final Halloween film, or at least the finale to Laurie/Michael. Overall, I really can say Carpenter is very naive, and making the wrong decision here.

Halloween is a guaranteed franchise, you know what that means? If it bombs, there's gonna be another one. Sequel or not, there will be more. Carpenter's words are just that naive, and because of that, I really wish they took advantage of that and decide to make more films: two films back to back, or make a trilogy. And here's where me wanting to become a script writer comes in, because even I could come up with ideas for those films that reflect on Carpenter's intentions, as well as his original ideas that are still good today, and would fit this series.

Now in a recent interview, they wanted to make two films back to back, but focused on just one. I really wish they stuck with that idea. I don't know if there are still planning a follow up, and maybe that Carpenter interview was old and now he changed his mind. The other thing is that I wonder if there will be more, but he wants to pull a Halloween III redux without Michael. If so, sorry John, but III was bad and Michael Myers is the franchise.

Now I, like we, don't know if there are any follow up plans, nor what ideas they have to continue the story; I just wish they choose better decisions, and whether this film succeeds or not (looks like it will), there will be more. We all know this.

Now that I said that, there's a part of me now that wishes they didn't make this movie, and instead went back and green lit the 2012 proposed reboot.

Halloween III was meant to turn the franchise into a Tales from the Crypt or Twilight Zone style Halloween themed anthology after Carpenter wanted Michael dead after 2 and it would had been interesting to see different Halloween themed stories.

Personally I feel like part 5 had the worst characterization of Loomis up until Zombie's H2 (even Donald Pleasance himself didn't like how Loomis was written in Part 5). And while the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 may be a more coherent film than the theatrical one, it's still a garbage film imo.

5 was quite crappy as hell even making Michael cry like a wuss.

It's kind of crazy that this is one of the few franchises that came back after being officially rebooted.

I'm kind of surprised that the studio hasnt tried to release all the different continuities in a set yet.

THis has me itching for a Nightmare on Elm Street revival.

You know who I've actually thought about for a new Freddy Krueger?

tumblr_omgd56ek0R1v8l6fno1_500.png

NO, let Elm Street stay dead! it died in 1991 despite Freddy vs Jason was fun in a brainless way and New Nightmare was interesting. The 2010 remake sucked badly and Jackie Earl Haley while a good actor was horrible as Freddy.

Sorry i don't want anymore Freddy movies, let the franchise rest in peace and no substitutes please, Englund IS Freddy period! accept no substitutes. Just let Elm Street die a peaceful death just like me and those 2 reviewers want.

Come up with brand new franchises/new icons and make a character who is similar Freddy rather than bringing Freddy back from the dead as Freddy had his time in the sun as he needs a retirement to kick off his shoes.

Just let Elm Street die a peaceful death just like me and those 2 reviewers want.

You and those two Youtubers you keep constantly mentioning do not speak for the majority. Not even remotely. Most people want more Michael, Freddy, and Jason. If you and your two pals don't want them.......then don't watch the movies.

Hordakfan, when they make another Nightmare film, I have a suggestion for you, I know it's a very difficult concept to consider, but you don't actually have to watch the movies, making another NoES film does not prevent other filmmakers from making interesting Horror films, if you want to watch horror films about other character than do so, but don't come in here and b**** and moan because a movie you don't want to see is getting made. I don't spend multiple posts in multiple threads whining about the existence of movies I don't want to see in the first place. It is beyond selfish to act like filmmakers should conform to suit the opinions of you and "those two youtubers".

Last edited:
^ Amen Joker.

I've seen videos from those two idiots before. Their whole gimmick is ''ranting''.

I saw some of Rambo's videos that are not rants, he's alright.

The Thing is what exactly Horror Icons are even out there? I mean its not like Hollywood has created any of those Horror Icons to actually be loved like Michael Freddy and Jason has been. Until Hollywood does that of course people are going to want to see Jason Freddy and Michael back. You can make arguments for maybe Jigsaw if anybody but that time has come and gone I don't think people want to see more Saw movies.

You and those two Youtubers you keep constantly mentioning do not speak for the majority. Not even remotely. Most people want more Michael, Freddy, and Jason. If you and your two pals don't want them.......then don't watch the movies.

Exactly, it’s not like when you don’t like what they’re doing and are frustrated cause you want something better. This guy and his YouTube buddies are saying don’t make anymore. Why are they bothered? You simply don’t watch and enjoy the ones you like. I’m starting to think this guys trolling.

The Thing is what exactly Horror Icons are even out there? I mean its not like Hollywood has created any of those Horror Icons to actually be loved like Michael Freddy and Jason has been. Until Hollywood does that of course people are going to want to see Jason Freddy and Michael back. You can make arguments for maybe Jigsaw if anybody but that time has come and gone I don't think people want to see more Saw movies.

The 'face' of horror has changed since that period in the 80's and all that that decade stood for. The kind of horror has changed, that to a certain degree, people are asking for.

The age band that first watched those films during that period (my age and upwards) are now the film making age group and younger fans are not wanting the same kind of horror substance.

For example, it will be very interesting to see the make up of the age demographic of the audience going to see this new Halloween film, I can see the majority will be made up of 30+ years old audience.

Hordakfan, when they make another Nightmare film, I have a suggestion for you, I know it's a very difficult concept to consider, but you don't actually have to watch the movies, making another NoES film does not prevent other filmmakers from making interesting Horror films, if you want to watch horror films about other character than do so, but don't come in here and b**** and moan because a movie you don't want to see is getting made. I don't spend multiple posts in multiple threads whining about the existence of movies I don't want to see in the first place. It is beyond selfish to act like filmmakers should conform to suit the opinions of you and "those two youtubers".

I saw some of Rambo's videos that are not rants, he's alright.

Hey Aziz, what do you think of Ocpcommunications? he is an honest reviewer who sees what he likes or dislikes, like see this video as i agree with him Shape of Water is the best film of 2017 and his fave movie of last year including my fave of last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-adFZqVCFU&t=30s

And his rant on Ballbusters aka Ghostbusters 2016, his pick for worst film of 2016 and he's a very honest and smart guy who loves films.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzrfsDUoOxM

He's definitely one of the most popular reviewers on youtube.

KillerMCQueen, NOT everyone is interested in another Freddy or Michael film because some fans of the characters are burnt out on them due to the remakes and some lousy sequels (Elm Street 5 or Halloween 5 and resurrection) already killed their franchises and had good runs. And some of the people on the comments on Ocpcommunication's podcast with him and Ramboraph4life support their cause of letting the old horror icons rest in peace in favor of new horror icons/new horror franchises like Conjuring films for example and Annabelle being a fresh new horror icon.

I just think there should be fresh new horror franchises and fresh new horror characters and it's been happening lately, they and me are saying find new glory and new lightning in a bottle. And besides Englund IS Freddy, accept no substitutes.

I'm done with this argument.

You’re done with it yet you constantly bring it up.

Also Bela Lugosi is Dracula but that didn’t stop Christopher Lee making the part his own did it?

You've also never answered why you simply can’t stop watching these films? If you have no interest in anymore then why not just stop watching them?

Hey Aziz, what do you think of Ocpcommunications? he is an honest reviewer who sees what he likes or dislikes, like see this video as i agree with him Shape of Water is the best film of 2017 and his fave movie of last year including my fave of last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-adFZqVCFU&t=30s

And his rant on Ballbusters aka Ghostbusters 2016, his pick for worst film of 2016 and he's a very honest and smart guy who loves films.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzrfsDUoOxM

KillerMCQueen, NOT everyone is interested in another Freddy or Michael film because some fans of the characters are burnt out on them due to the remakes and some lousy sequels (Elm Street 5 or Halloween 5 and resurrection) already killed their franchises and had good runs. And some of the people on the comments on Ocpcommunication's podcast with him and Ramboraph4life support their cause of letting the old horror icons rest in peace in favor of new horror icons/new horror franchises like Conjuring films for example and Annabelle being a fresh new horror icon.

I just think there should be fresh new horror franchises and fresh new horror characters and it's been happening lately, they and me are saying find new glory and new lightning in a bottle. And besides Englund IS Freddy, accept no substitutes.

I'm done with this argument.

The irony being he looks like Egon. Ballbusters ? Really.

You’re done with it yet you constantly bring it up.

Also Bela Lugosi is Dracula but that didn’t stop Christopher Lee making the part his own did it?

You've also never answered why you simply can’t stop watching these films? If you have no interest in anymore then why not just stop watching them?

Except Dracula is a literary character and anyone can play him and Pennywise is a literary character from a book so anyone can play him.

People are actually defending recasting iconic film characters with different actors. And even more so with the recent release of Solo. They actually think that all film characters are fair game for a new actor portraying them.

And it's fine that they feel that way. But me and one of my youtube friends Mike (Ocpcommunications) vehemently disagree and we just don't understand. Sure. there are exceptions, like Bond or characters from novels or regular books or comic books. But for the most part, me and him want beloved film characters to remain pure and untouched by half-assed or horrible attempts to recapture lightning in a bottle.

Some roles have actors that were born to play them and there really are no substitutes. Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, Peter Weller as RoboCop, Bill Murray as Peter Venkman, Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly and Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger are all examples of this. And any actor that will attempt to play the character will pale in comparison. They have the charisma and personality that is unique only to them and that is what makes these characters so iconic and what brought them to life.

And don't give me the "They will make it their own" response. Make it their own means they will take the character and make it something completely alien to the character we all know and love in order to separate it from the original, potentially swap the genders, or just half-heartedly attempt to capture the same magic.

We have never seen a single remake or reboot with an iconic character or film have a lead that is anywhere near as memorable or as effective as the original for these same reasons. The track record is abysmal and that is why I don't agree with the idea of every character in every film is fair game for a re-imagining.

What's the better option, continue to dig up popular characters out of the grave every ten or twenty years and try to do the impossible and find the perfect actor to play the role again, or stop doing that and put that effort into finding new characters for a new generation?

There need to be limits. Otherwise, you get some bloated dude as Pinhead and a crispy frog faced Freddy who sounds like Sling blade. We would rather these iconic characters be retired on film and only brought back in books, comics, and video games then see lazy attempts by Hollywood to bring them back with new faces in "new" films just to piggyback off the success of the previous franchise.

Let these characters that you love die and become legends, instead of live forever and become total jokes and nothing but hollow cash grabs.

But if this new Halloween film is truly THE LAST Halloween movie, i hope Laurie just KILLS Michael ONCE and FOR ALL and have him thrown into a lawnmower or a grinding meat machine at the end so he would never ever come back and be destroyed once and for all, this time for good if Carpenter promises this to be the last one.

Except Dracula is a literary character and anyone can play him and Pennywise is a literary character from a book so anyone can play him.

Since when is this a rule? James Bond is a literary character, too, but fans had the same illogical mentality you had back in the day that only Sean Connery could ever play Bond. Look how that turned out.

Statistics disagree with this statement.

I avoided Shape of Water altogether cause I know I don't feel comfortable watching one of the subjects that movie focuses on, so I'm skipping that review.
I know what I dislike about Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, so I might give his review of that movie a watch.

Since when is this a rule? James Bond is a literary character, too, but fans had the same illogical mentality you had back in the day that only Sean Connery could ever play Bond. Look how that turned out.

Look again on the post on a difference between literary/comic book characters even like Bond to Batman to lightning in a bottle cinematic made characters made for the screen like Freddy and Indiana Jones as no one else can play Freddy or Indy or Marty Mcfly or Venkman better than Bill Murray, Harrison Ford, Michael J Fox and Englund.

Yeah, and those people that aren't interested in another Halloween, F13, NoES, etc. DO NOT HAVE TO WATCH THE FILMS. Seriously, how are you so incapable of grasping this simple concept, you keep talking about letting them rest in peace like these icons are actual people or something. The simple fact is that a lot of people are excited about this film, and a few jacka**es on youtube do not change that fact or mean that those fans deserve to not get more films just because some people that can't grasp the concept of not watching a movie decide to act like whiney little children about another movie being made. This movie in no way, shape, or form prevents more Conjuring films from being made, it does not negatively impact the creation of new horror icons, there is no "in favor of" in this debate, it's just you trying to pi** in our cheerios like a childish brat. Your time would be better spent discussing movies/properties that you actually have an interest in.

Look again on the post on a difference between literary/comic book characters even like Bond to Batman to lightning in a bottle cinematic made characters made for the screen like Freddy and Indiana Jones as no one else can play Freddy or Indy or Marty Mcfly or Venkman better than Bill Murray, Harrison Ford, Michael J Fox and Englund.

I did. That claim doesn't change anything. You are projecting your own belief as a fact, when its just an illogical baseless opinion. For example, if it was 1970 we'd be hearing "George Lazenby just proved nobody except Sean Connery can play James Bond". If it was 1997 we'd be hearing "Val Kilmer and George Clooney just proved nobody can play Batman except Michael Keaton".

Being based on a literary character or not doesn't mean diddly squat. Most audiences have never picked up an Ian Fleming Bond book, or a Batman comic etc. They go by what they see in the movies. That is what defines a character to them. There's even cases where the first on screen iteration of a character is eclipsed in popularity by the second iteration e.g. Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter defined the character more for audiences than Brian Cox's ever did. That's who Hannibal Lecter is to them. I guarantee most of them never even read the Thomas Harris novels.

I did. That claim doesn't change anything. You are projecting your own belief as a fact, when its just an illogical baseless opinion. For example, if it was 1970 we'd be hearing "George Lazenby just proved nobody except Sean Connery can play James Bond". If it was 1997 we'd be hearing "Val Kilmer and George Clooney just proved nobody can play Batman except Michael Keaton".

Being based on a literary character or not doesn't mean diddly squat. Most audiences have never picked up an Ian Fleming Bond book, or a Batman comic etc. They go by what they see in the movies. That is what defines a character to them. There's even cases where the first on screen iteration of a character is eclipsed in popularity by the second iteration e.g. Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter defined the character more for audiences than Brian Cox's ever did. That's who Hannibal Lecter is to them. I guarantee most of them never even read the Thomas Harris novels.

well anyone can play Hannibal Lector since he is a novel creation and so is Bond and anyone can play Joker or Batman as they are literary characters.

But there are some original made-for-the screen characters like Venkman, Freddy Krueger, Marty McFly and Indiana Jones you can't replace with a different actor as it would be crap and Jackie proved he was lousy as Freddy and was NOT Freddy despite being a talented actor wasted in a horrible movie.

well anyone can play Hannibal Lector since he is a novel creation and so is Bond and anyone can play Joker or Batman as they are literary characters.

But there are some original made-for-the screen characters like Venkman, Freddy Krueger, Marty McFly and Indiana Jones you can't replace with a different actor as it would be crap and Jackie proved he was lousy as Freddy and was NOT Freddy despite being a talented actor wasted in a horrible movie.

The Nightmare on Elmstreet remake was a terrible movie from a terrible studio made by a director who had actively avoided making the movie but was pursued by the producers and filled with actors who hated making it.

That does not preclude the possibility of someone else making a good movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"