Justice League The Justice League Critic Reviews/Rotten Tomatoes Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat, critics approval rating went up to 41%.

Edit

At least it’s starting to show a little sign of life now. Outpacing Fantastic Beasts is a good sign. Decent word of mouth might be kicking in. Or everyone waited to see it this week. If it holds well after the holiday, it’s total (at least in North America) might end up respectable. A disappointment, but not a disaster.

Last edited:
Neat, critics approval rating went up to 41%.

Yup, it might be too little too late but (and still Not good enough) but..

Justice League

RT Percentage 41 %
Average Rating: 5.3/10

compare it with..

Batman V Superman

RT Percentage 27 %
Average Rating: 4.9/10

Suicide Squad

RT Percentage 26 %
Average Rating: 4.8/10

The RT score made me rethink critics social media reactions for DCEU movies.
After bvs, SS, fantastic 4 and green lantern we realized that fan social media reactions could not be trusted. And up until JL we've been operating on the assumption that critics SM reactions could be trusted.

I think JL changed all that. Critic SM reactions were mixed to positive. Many of us predicted 60-70% RT scores based on them but obviously that was way off. Could it be that many critics who disliked JL were in fear of dc fan death threats and trolling that they decided to avoid posting SM reactions? And therefore gave us an over representation of the more positive reactions to try to predict the score from.

I think it might be the case that SM reactions from fans and critics can no longer be trusted if a DC movie is involved.

Remember the "only negative reaction" guy? He was right.

1512305378276.png

After bvs, SS, fantastic 4 and green lantern we realized that fan social media reactions could not be trusted. And up until JL we've been operating on the assumption that critics SM reactions could be trusted.

I think JL changed all that. Critic SM reactions were mixed to positive. Many of us predicted 60-70% RT scores based on them but obviously that was way off. Could it be that many critics who disliked JL were in fear of dc fan death threats and trolling that they decided to avoid posting SM reactions? And therefore gave us an over representation of the more positive reactions to try to predict the score from.

I think it might be the case that SM reactions from fans and critics can no longer be trusted if a DC movie is involved.

1512305378276.png

I certainly think critics think twice about posting their honest opinions on social media, because they don’t want a horde of whining man-babies to start posting to their accounts. This is hardly confined to DCEU fans though.

Yup, it might be too little too late but (and still Not good enough) but..

Justice League

RT Percentage 41 %
Average Rating: 5.3/10

compare it with..

Batman V Superman

RT Percentage 27 %
Average Rating: 4.9/10

Suicide Squad

RT Percentage 26 %
Average Rating: 4.8/10

This is such a bull****.

This version of JL, kinda justifiable results.

BvS - total nonsense.

SS - watched Extended Cut just yesterday. That film is pretty solid. Much better than the theatrical version, all those little pieces that were missing gave those characters nice personal details, I was really surprised how quite elaborate the script was considering how much derision the movie got, films like Dr. Strange are so plain in comparison. Plus there were several moments that got me a serious chills or made me truly emotional. Dunno why are WB so stupid and releasing crippled versions of their films for everybody to judge.

All in all. I can get why BvS is so low, it's a very niche film far from a four-quadrant crowd-pleaser, this version of JL is quite a dud, yet I had a blast watching it, actors/characters saved the film. But SS EC deserves better. I had much more fun watching this film than Guardians or Ragnarok, characters with their quirks were so lovable, and actors were great, Smith, Davis, Robbie, Hernandez, Courtney!!! :woot:, etc. Jokes? Guardians 2 jokes were much more stupid and cringy that this. RT 26%? :huh: :whatever: But that's for the theatrical cut.

SS was a cobbled together mess that should have and could have been twenty times better than it was. The extended cut doesn't do much to improve the film like it did with BvS.

Squad isn't even a movie. Smith, Robbie and Affleck deliver good work worthy of praise but the whole thing is something I have trouble calling a film.

1512305378276.png

Initial social media reactions cannot be trusted. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 helped me learn that lesson.

So I rewatched Doctor Strange because I criticize that film quite a bit :woot: and compare other films to it and... I liked it a lot actually. :funny:

Squad isn't even a movie. Smith, Robbie and Affleck deliver good work worthy of praise but the whole thing is something I have trouble calling a film.

Affleck? He’s in the movie for like 5 minutes and barely has any lines. He’s fine, but nothing worthy of praise.

The extended cut doesn't do much to improve the film like it did with BvS.

I disagree. Some of the new scenes gave the characters very nice details to their personalities. Mainly those with Harley.

Why would someone come here if they don't care what the critics think?

Suicide squad was utter nonsense.

Storyline, edititing, sub par characters. And imagine giving the main antagonist role to a woman who can't even remotely act.

Awful.

Harley, waller and joker were the only redeeming qualities of that film.

A reminder to everyone....

If you don't like what someone says....you can ignore it or discuss it civilly....do not insult them.

We DO NOT advocate violence on the Hype.....so thinking it is OK to agree with people who advocate violence against critics because the critic doesn't share your opinion about a movie will not be put up with.

i thought Viola Davis was great as Waller.

Suicide squad was utter nonsense.

Storyline, edititing, sub par characters. And imagine giving the main antagonist role to a woman who can't even remotely act.

Awful.

Harley, waller and joker were the only redeeming qualities of that film.

How many people would agree with you on that? :woot:

I mean, I don't care, I like movies I like, for reasons... unknown :funny: and obviously every one of us can see some good value in things some other people consider to be utter trash. Like I don't mind Leto's Joker, but go ask some other guys on this forum.

i thought Viola Davis was great as Waller.

Yes and I totally loved the character itself. She was so ruthless, there were moments I thought she was the main villain of the movie. :woot:

Man, I don't know, I watched EC yesterday and there was some very good stuff in the film and the script. El Diablo was cool af, Smith as Deadshot was great, relationship between the members and their personal stories, the bar scene was great, I liked the vibe of the movie. And I love weird CGI s*** flying in the sky and ancient dirty sorceresses. :ilv: :funny:

Man, I don't know, I watched EC yesterday and there was some very good stuff in the film and the script. El Diablo was cool af, Smith as Deadshot was great, relationship between the members and their personal stories, the bar scene was great, I liked the vibe of the movie. And I love weird CGI s*** flying in the sky and ancient dirty sorceresses. :ilv: :funny:

This was my main problem with the movie. Even Ayer admitted the villain should have been the Joker. Also, those horrible pink filters and choppy editing in the first half....Plus the action scenes were shot pretty horribly. You couldn't even tell what was going on when Enchantress took on the Squad. It was dark and rainy and ugh.

Suicide Squad is legitimately one of the worst edited films I have ever seen. Both in terms of overall editing and the editing of individual scenes. It is an awful movie. Every bit as bad as stuff like Catwoman or the Fantastic Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"