BvS The Lexosuit, Yay or Nay?

Nay for this film but I'd want him to have a few designs of the battle suit and what not in his office.

I just can't see Eisenberg looking cool in the outfit. Besides, it's too Iron Man-ish.

I can't see Eisenberg as Lex, period. But Iron Man shows the Lex suit can be done at least...and if they give Batman a power suit, I don't see what's so wrong with Lex having one eventually you know...

Eh, I just feel like we've kinda been there done that with the whole hi-tech suit of armour thing. Maybe they can reinterpret it in someway. Dunno.

Absolutely not. I've always disliked the Lexosuit; I think it detracts from the menace that is Lex Luther instead of adding to it. Yes, he'd be smart enough to build an exoskeleton suit, but he's one of the best comic book villains because of his intelligence, and because he's the ying to Supes yang.

Whenever their battles turn into physical confrontations I yawn.

Definitely yes I would like to see it... but not in this movie. Maybe by Justice League or in another sequel but not this movie. I remember seeing the MoS trailer for the first time catching that glimpse of Zod in his exoskeleton suit caught on fire and thinking "was that Lex in ARMOR!" It was very cool just to imagine so there is no way I would like to see this series end without Jesse in it.

I hate that version of Luthor...he's more interesting being a regular human being, (super smart and all) than having an armor that pretty much makes him a "super human"...same goes for Batman....no bat armor for him, no sir.

I actually wouldn't mind it. With all the boring real estate nonsense he's done in previous films, the Lexosuit could be a good way of making him more dynamic and interesting.

Definitely Nay.

For me, that's not what Lex is about. He's the pinnacle of humanity (or so he thinks) and hates supes because he seemingly transcends humanity through the luck of landing on the right planet. Making him into a giant robot so he can fight in some nonhuman way takes away from that dynamic. Why should he hate supes for having what he can easily buy/invent?
No.

The whole point of Lex is that he has an ideological battle with Superman. Superman cannot touch Lex without harming him, which only serves to prove Lex's fears/anxieties/etc. about a having a metahuman live amongst Metropolis.
What you guys said.

I want to see Lex as a superscientist, in a lab full of wires, screens and technology, inventing anything and everything, trying to outsmart Superman in a massive game of chess. Leave the fistfights for other villains, i dont think Lex would want to get down to this level.

Besides, even if Lex had Superman's strength and durability, he wouldnt have his speed and reflexes. Supes would undress him before he could blink.
I just can't see Eisenberg looking cool in the outfit. Besides, it's too Iron Man-ish.
No. The Lexosuit should only be used by a Lex who is physically intimidating in the first place.

A nerdy guy like Jesse in the suit is going to seem ridiculously stupid.
This too.

Would I like to see it? Yes. In Superman/Batman? No.

I feel its best to establish Lex in Superman/Batman. You work up to the Power Suit. In a future film, I would love it. In this film, no.

I do prefer Lex as a non superpowered threat though...that's part of his appeal .

To me the type of man Lex is would not simply accept that he could not match Superman in every way and do everything in his power to even that playing field.

Im with you on this one. To me Lex is all about power, the more he can have the more he'll take. Once he gets to a certain point financially and politically there would be nothing left for him but to want to be super powered in some way.

People can claim they don't want him in the suit but to say it isn't part of his character is wrong because we have seen it be part of his character over and over again.

I'm all for it myself. Seeing as how Zod ditched his armor at "The Future Home of LEXCORP" I wouldn't be shocked to see Lex find it and retrofit it to be his powersuit. I just don't see it being in this movie....maybe the next one

What Hunter Rider said makes sense. But I also agree with jmc. It's Iron Man-ish, with that being played out already in recent films. I think it's probably too early for that type of Lex, anyway. He's starting out and planting the seeds of doubt into humanity about Superman. It's ground zero, both for Metropolis and his plan. There's a lot of options for him to exhaust before suiting up. I assume Lex will be behind the scenes pulling the strings.

Sorry but im OK with the Lex suit, but this is Jesse Eisenberg. He will honestly look like a cheesy embarrassment in some super-suit. Maybe if it was somebody who was more built and a little older, id be down with it. But there's no way i can get behind that concept with Jesse in the role.

Sorry but im OK with the Lex suit, but this is Jesse Eisenberg. He will honestly look like a cheesy embarrassment in some super-suit. Maybe if it was somebody who was more built and a little older, id be down with it. But there's no way i can get behind that concept with Jesse in the role.

Let's take him to the backstreets of Detroit and sort that build out. :funny:

Heck no! Please never! No Lexosuit. Leave that for cartoons

Lexosuit would take the cheesy level through the roof. Imagine Eisenberg in a Lexosuit. And im one of the biggest Eisenberg supporters ..hes gna own the role

I dont care who is playing Lex, if they do the Lexosuit i am done ...loll

all i hear is

suitup.jpg

Depends on which Lex we get:

Industrial Lex that would rather let others fight while he sits back blameless.
or
Scientist Lex that wants to crush Superman with his bare hands.

What Roach said. It really depends on the interpretation they're going for. Personally, nay for this film. I honestly don't even think Eisenberg's Lex will be much of a 'villain' in this one.

I get some of the concerns and arguments against it, but how long are we going to allow Iron Man to act as an excuse to never do anything related to armor?

Suits of armor and cyber enhancements are a huge comic book trope that isn't really unique to any one company, although Iron Man is the most popular in the mainstream.

They should scrap the Cyborg character then if that's the case.

On a different actor? Yea. On this actor? Nay.

I like the power suit simply because it further fuels Lex's complete disdain for Superman and his abilities. Lex builds it for himself so he can do things that Superman can do(sort of). Super strength, flying, invulnerability. Lex thinks that's all Superman is, a bunch of powers. But that's Lex's vanity and jealousy of Superman clouding his thoughts, when in reality Superman is so much more than just powers.

The power suit is Lex trying to even the playing field against Superman, even though, in reality, Lex never, ever will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"