The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

This is what he got done for? Really?? The NY justice department "getting it right" as usual.
🌽🦵🍑

GBp-5NGW8AAZumd.jpeg.jpg

This aged well.

I do not believe the prosecution ever made the claim of bringing in other victims. They did say they were going to bring in reports of domestic violence from London. Now, I would have to double check some things, but I do remember there was a filing to keep some evidence private, because it would be prejudicial to Majors.

Also, "never touched her before" is not exactly reason to ignore when violence actually happens. In fact, getting it when it first happens is better in the long run.
There's no point replying to messages like that.

It's like Depp or Tory Lanez supporters. A lot of them don't live in any semblance of reality

He's gotta go. Majors needs help but got a firsthand account of how the system works for a black man in this country.
While yes people of color get royally ****ed over in many ways including the justice system...I really dislike this.

Majors is a weirdo at best and abuser at worst. We saw the emotionally abusive texts, we read the stories of him being dropped by agencies due to his behavior, etc. Black or white. He just seems like a bad guy who's been crap for a while but got away with it for a minute.

There are plenty of black people or people of color who are unfairly treated I'm not gonna be upset that a seemingly known abuser is punished and say "he learned how it works for a black man in this country". Especially when he could've plead down instead of hiring these jokes of lawyers and publicists that he did.
Even worse are the people, not on here, saying "This is why I never mess with white women" which is just weirdo stuff

Looks like Yahya may get a promotion. 😍

While yes people of color get royally ****ed over in many ways including the justice system...I really dislike this.

Majors is a weirdo at best and abuser at worst. We saw the emotionally abusive texts, we read the stories of him being dropped by agencies due to his behavior, etc. Black or white. He just seems like a bad guy who's been crap for a while but got away with it for a minute.

There are plenty of black people or people of color who are unfairly treated I'm not gonna be upset that a seemingly known abuser is punished and say "he learned how it works for a black man in this country". Especially when he could've plead down instead of hiring these jokes of lawyers and publicists that he did.
Even worse are the people, not on here, saying "This is why I never mess with white women" which is just weirdo stuff
He was never going to be judged in this case by previous allegations, out of context hearsay, recordings or texts. Ultimately the misdemeanor he was convicted of was from what could be argued as him trying to get away from his ex. By letter of the law he was guilty of this and should be punished, including his dismissal from Marvel. That aside, much of the discourse around this has had a racial element to it and yes I find it part of the black experience that a black man can be seen running away from a white woman, call the police for her aid, and still be the one arrested and ultimately convicted of that very act.

We saw the texts. It is 100% abusive behavior. I guess you can argue how physical it got, but it is clear Majors is a manipulative abuser.

He was never going to be judged in this case by previous allegations, out of context hearsay, recordings or texts. Ultimately the misdemeanor he was convicted of was from what could be argued as him trying to get away from his ex. By letter of the law he was guilty of this and should be punished, including his dismissal from Marvel. That aside, much of the discourse around this has had a racial element to it and yes I find it part of the black experience that a black man can be seen running away from a white woman, call the police for her aid, and still be the one arrested and ultimately convicted of that very act.

Oh, make no mistake, when the NYPD was gung ho about pursuing this, yeah, I suspected his race played a big part.

He was seen running away after trying to force her into a car.
The only reason he got arrested was that HE called the cops. Not her.

And the charges he was convicted he was found guilty of could not be "argued as him trying to get away from his ex." I don't know where you're getting that from. He was physically forcing her into the car and then either a) she attacked back or said something that made him run. It wasn't like she was kicking his ass for no reason and then he ran to protect himself

Like if he got arrested and then it was found to be nothing ok. But we see that he's not a good due. So... *shrug* I can't feel bad about racism when this dude is a POS and got off relatively light. I doubt he even does jail time.
We see guys like Miles Bridges get away with beating him baby moms or Ezra Miller's accusation. I'm not upset about those then an obvious abuser getting a little bit of justice

He was seen running away after trying to force her into a car.
The only reason he got arrested was that HE called the cops. Not her.

Not the the conviction he was found guilty of could not be "argued as him trying to get away from his ex." I don't know where you're getting that from
Yes that's the count he was convicted of, and it's been alleged that he did so to escape her assaulting him, the driver's testimony gives this some credence.
Yes, exactly, HE called the cops and was the one arrested. Mistrust of the police isn't some made up notion, you know that.

Yes that's the count he was convicted of, and it's been alleged that he did so to escape her assaulting him, the driver's testimony gives this some credence.
Yes, exactly, HE called the cops and was the one arrested. Mistrust of the police isn't some made up notion, you know that.
Yes they arrested them once they found injuries on her and she told them she's been assaulted: Jonathan Majors arrested on assault charge in New York.
“The victim informed police she was assaulted,” a spokesperson for the NYPD said in a statement. “Officers placed the 33-year-old male into custody without incident. The victim sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was removed to an area hospital in stable condition.”
This isn't like he ran and she was chasing him and then the cops picked him up on the spot after seeing that. I'd be bothered or would bring it up like you were if that was the case. But no, they found her she was injured and then she said he harmed her. Were they not supposed to detain Majors?

I very well know about the mistrust of police as I have it myself. This doesn't seem to be the case of that imo

Last edited:
Yes they arrested them once they found injuries on her and she told them she's been assaulted: Jonathan Majors arrested on assault charge in New York.

This isn't like he ran and she was chasing him and then the cops picked him up on the spot after seeing that. I'd be bothered or would bring it up like you were if that was the case. But no, they found her she was injured and then she said he harmed her. Were they not supposed to detain Majors?

I very well know about the mistrust of police as I have it myself. This doesn't seem to be the case of that imo
From my understanding the charge, he's convicted of is not related to the injuries found on her at his apartment. Really though, I don't need to go back and forth on it, he was found guilty and will be punished appropriately for his actions.

Yeah I didn't think he'll get jail time. The max was 1 year in jail, right? Yeah for celebs they rarely do jail time in that instance

The Washington Post - HOW DO WE HANDLE THE RAPIST-TURNED-HEARTTHROB [NAMED GERARD DEPARDIEU]? (March 20, 1991)

Not a thing that surprises me about France.

Just been catching up on the Majors stuff this morning. And the others mentioned above. Never ceases to amaze me how some people can achieve monumental success with fame and riches, but throw it all away because they're unable to control their impulses or manage their behaviour around the opposite sex some of the time. They can manage press conferences and interviews without launching themselves at the opposite sex, so it is within their ability to do, but obviously can't contain themselves all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"