The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

I appreciate the response. Though… according to the article, Engelhardt’s relationship with Allen lasted eight years; and she says “she does not feel victimized by Allen.” So it seems a little dubious to include her on a list of accusers.

But Engelhardt is an interesting individual. Apparently, at different points in her life, she also associated with the great Federico Fellini and the notorious Jeffrey Epstein. :ebr:

I appreciate the response. Though… according to the article, Engelhardt’s relationship with Allen lasted eight years; and she says “she does not feel victimized by Allen.” So it seems a little dubious to include her on a list of accusers.

But Engelhardt is an interesting individual. Apparently, at different points in her life, she also associated with the great Federico Fellini and the notorious Jeffrey Epstein. :ebr:
A lot of younger people who are brought up in such situations view them as normal, and well we get what we get.

A slight tangent, but you brought up Epstein and it got me thinking. I watch 90 Day Fiance. This season there is a couple where they had trouble getting the much younger woman to the US because of bizarre activity on her passport, dating back to her early teens. Their explanation for how they met is also... interesting. After all, she is poor, but has apparently traveled around the world. Basically it has become a question of whether she was trafficked from a younger age. It is kind of crazy how this is a big question, but has kind of just been ignored after being initially brought up.

When those older dudes marry younger chicks they don't care where they've been.

When those older dudes marry younger chicks they don't care where they've been.
He makes that very clear. But it's less that and more that he was most likely one of her clients. Granted when she was an adult, but still.

Melissa "Supergirl" Benoist accuses her ex husband Blake Jenner (Everybody Wants Some, Edge of Seventeen) of domestic violence.
'Supergirl' Star Melissa Benoist Accuses Ex of Domestic Violence (Video)
Now I believe women, but in this situation Blake Jenner is my sixth cousin's brother's girlfriend's best friend's former roommate. In which case unless he is convicted in a court of law, I just have to choose to change my entire philosophy and believe him. I'd totally make a movie with him.

While she likely is referring to Jenner given the timeline and all, it's a bit of a clickbait exaggeration to say "Melissa Benoit accuses Blake Jenner!", she doesn't name names in the video and he's not the only ex she has.

Benoit said there was red flags early in the relationship when her abusive partner was extremely possessive.

There often seem to be red flags about abusive people that seem to be overlooked early in relationships. I guess people just don't want to believe what their boyfriend/girlfriend is capable or overlook it because they are in love/lust/infatuation.

Hindsight is a hell of a thing I suppose.

While she likely is referring to Jenner given the timeline and all, it's a bit of a clickbait exaggeration to say "Melissa Benoit accuses Blake Jenner!", she doesn't name names in the video and he's not the only ex she has.

The serious eye injury she got from "a potted plant" occurred during her audition for Supergirl while she was married to Jenner. There's video of her lying about the abuse on The Tonight Show.

Not at all. As Zarex pointed out the injuries she talks about in the video lines up with her relationship with Jenner. She may have no named names, but it's obvious who she was referring to.

On a different note: if it wasn't Jenner, when everybody started mentioning that it was Jenner she would rush to say it wasn't him.

That's a real attention grabbing headline, for sure. But he's said way worse stuff than this, during his earlier prime shows, to be honest, and no one cared.
Did he use to joke about how after he lied for years about being a sexual assaulting piece of garbage, who called others liars when they reported on it? Whee there jokes about how New York is ****ty for being mean to him because he is a sexual assaulting piece of garbage? As if it is unreasonable to not want to be anywhere near a dude who might just decide to block your way out of a room and whip his dick out while he gets off?

It is rather telling how similar Weinstein and CK are when it comes to their feelings on how New Yorkers treat them.

Did he use to joke about how after he lied for years about being a sexual assaulting piece of garbage, who called others liars when they reported on it? Whee there jokes about how New York is ****ty for being mean to him because he is a sexual assaulting piece of garbage? As if it is unreasonable to not want to be anywhere near a dude who might just decide to block your way out of a room and whip his dick out while he gets off?

It is rather telling how similar Weinstein and CK are when it comes to their feelings on how New Yorkers treat them.
Honestly, I'm not here to defend Louis CK or what he did. I used to love Louis, but I haven't really been able to see any of his stuff since this came to light.

I think my point was more about the fact that he's always said sick stuff in his shows, and people used to not care. So I guess my point was more about the Auschwitz thing, than why he hated New York, which I agree, shows a worrying lack of self awareness.

Honestly, I'm not here to defend Louis CK or what he did. I used to love Louis, but I haven't really been able to see any of his stuff since this came to light.

I think my point was more about the fact that he's always said sick stuff in his shows, and people used to not care. So I guess my point was more about the Auschwitz thing, than why he hated New York, which I agree, shows a worrying lack of self awareness.
I get you. I don't really read the Auschwitz bit as the issue, outside of why he is saying it. Does that make sense?

I'm not saying he's not shady or that he does stuff I don't like) But there's a huge jump from "a little shady" to the "new R.Kelly"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"