The Official "Ask A Brotha" Thread - Part 3

I think there needs to be a distinction made between whites who steal black culture soley for monetary gain and whites who show a true appreciation for black culture.

Cause there's a difference between your Vanilla Ice's and your Eminem's.

Though I will say Eminem has enough sense to keep his mouth shut at times like these.

Last edited:
True, but I think for the most part, with mainstream stuff, it'll come off as people trying to gain off it since it's so popular now.

And people will never forget how Timberlake threw Jackson under the bus.

Anyone else just finding out about the beautiful Zoe Kravitz?

We're black, we knew about her back when it wasn't cool.

I did. Was she angel? Maybe it was that hair do and costume that made her not sexy? I just saw a pic of her and was like wow.

Yeah she had dragon fly wings.

I thought she looked pretty good in First Class.

Not as good as super sexy Rose Byrne but still.

Just another case of pretty people producing a pretty child.

I think there needs to be a distinction made between whites who steal black culture soley for monetary gain and whites who show a true appreciation for black culture.

Cause there's a difference between your Vanilla Ice's and your Eminem's.

Though I will say Eminem has enough sense to keep his mouth shut at times like these.

I agree.

Eminem even jokingly compared himself to Elvis in Without Me on this very issue.

I think there is a difference between people who grew up immersed in black culture like Eminem and those exploiting it for personal gain like Iggy Azalea.

You can kind of tell which ones are really down with the struggle and which ones are just doing it for the personal gain like money or they just wanna bang some blackies.

But, let's not forget the Black people who support those guys to make money off them like pimps, as one could argue.

Akala Broke Down Britain's racism on the BBC
[YT]/yK4j393mgfE[/YT]

That's pretty much the same as the US and pretty much anywhere else. Some people keep thinking of racism as just an outright thing (for example, someone saying "Go back to your country!"). But, as Akala points out, it more insidious than some really want to talk about or acknowledge.

Any of you guys watch the Breakfast Club interview with Dr. Umar Johnson?

Any of you guys watch the Breakfast Club interview with Dr. Umar Johnson?

I don't see how the black community turning against Obama, helps us. Has he never heard of the saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

Also, it was sad that the comment section has nothing but sheep co-signing everything Johnson said.

Where are people's critical thinking skills? At least challenge and debate some of his points. Damn.

I don't see how the black community turning against Obama, helps us. Has he never heard of the saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

Also, it was sad that the comment section has nothing but sheep co-signing everything Johnson said.

Where are people's critical thinking skills? At least challenge and debate some of his points. Damn.

Yeah, some of the things I was like, "Hmm... that's a good point." and then there were others where I went, "Whaaaaaaa?"

Last edited:
In the same breath you don't want us all to be assumed to be this giant monolithic hive mind, but it seems like whenever someone says that they turn out to be these giant ultra right wing uncle tom types.

I've actually heard the "if you don't like hip hop/rap, you're basically white" mindset. This is more from where I grew up in the hood, but in the more diverse areas it don't really register.

Some black folks have odd identity issues and want to put other black people in a little limited stereotypical box as much as some non-blacks do.

Some black folks have odd identity issues and want to put other black people in a little limited stereotypical box as much as some non-blacks do.

Rhetorical question: what's the difference between keeping a distinct cultural identity and living out a stereotype?

Another question: Is there a difference between a dime, a bad b**ch and wifey material?

I've actually heard the "if you don't like hip hop/rap, you're basically white" mindset. This is more from where I grew up in the hood, but in the more diverse areas it don't really register.
Man, I've always hated that mindset. Especially when it comes to music and other interests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"