The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd, just curious but if you do decide to make masks for some people, will you be doing the head sizes or a one size fits most?

I agree I wouldn't have a problem in paying the $1000 mark for it,once I see better pics and making sure it fits my head snug , like a few sizeings.

hey guys this is my vest ive been working on, what do you think I liked the look of it in the bane pic
713EC08F-2041-407F-9290-A5125E064714-117-0000000CACE3BC19.jpg
56B8AB23-77AB-48F6-8B04-F5DF87F842F7-117-000000027FF9E114.jpg

No offence to any of you guys, but this is getting alittle silly. Half the members are tryna say low prices so they can get one and the other half are saying huge prices so only the few can get them lol. AZ, you can't control what people do with the mask once they own it..its their property at that point and if they want to sell it..fine. Be concerned with the first-hand sales. I won't say a price, but id say choose first how you want to sell it -

1) Many at a little profit margin.

2) Few at a big profit margin.

Either way, you make the same profit.

Personally..id pay about $500-600.

hey guys this is my vest ive been working on, what do you think I liked the look of it in the bane pic
713EC08F-2041-407F-9290-A5125E064714-117-0000000CACE3BC19.jpg
56B8AB23-77AB-48F6-8B04-F5DF87F842F7-117-000000027FF9E114.jpg

From what I can see, looks great! Is it in multiple peices?

I would also say..don't sell to anyone with a post-count of 1 lol...guys like me and the other regulars would buy to keep, I think.

edit - maybe you could make a list of all those who are 100% serious about buying one for AT LEAST $450, then work out the price based on how much time and work need be done. Then you've got a fair price, limited run, limited people selling it on :)

Last edited:
OR...just make an official AZ Bane mask eBay and then that would be the go-to place for all people wanting a mask. Anyone else trying to sell your mask for more would be ****ed, cos you are there selling at that same constant price.

Just an idea, but it'd make it a more continuous buisness..profits would probably be higher and nobody could make money off your work.

edit - I obv mean using the "buy-now" function. So you'd make like 10 masks and once you sell 8, you make afew more and top-up the reserves. You could literally sell 100s at like 400-500 each.

Just gave you like 4 awesome ideas :o

Last edited:
You have yourself some awesome ideas Johnny way to think outside the box! Hell yea!

Why thank you :woot:

I like the eBay one most, could make like $30,000 in a year with no problem..I mean you could make that by Halloween if you worked like a madman lol.

100 masks @ 450...good lord. And AZ would own the market cos he would be the "official" place to get the mask.

edit -

I realise 450 or so is relatively low per mask, but it would kill compatition and people trying sell it on for profit, plus..think of the sheer number of people, worldwide, who want a Bane mask of this quality. Well over 100 would pay that price before the year is over. That's over 40grand right there.

Could either cap the total number at like 1000 masks or just keep going til the need dries out. Id think 1000 sales could be made over 3-4 years...and that's a hell of alot of $$$!

Think big ;) could be a major source of income. Get RD to help and production would be smooth!

I deserve a discount :o

Last edited:
So many amazing costumes in this thread.

I just started this week on my Bane costume. Pants, boots, and wrist guard should be done soon.

Nice work AZ, can't wait to see the finished pics!

I like the eBay one most, could make like $30,000 in a year with no problem..I mean you could make that by Halloween if you worked like a madman lol.

100 masks @ 450...good lord. And AZ would own the market cos he would be the "official" place to get the mask.

edit -

I realise 450 or so is relatively low per mask, but it would kill compatition and people trying sell it on for profit, plus..think of the sheer number of people, worldwide, who want a Bane mask of this quality. Well over 100 would pay that price before the year is over. That's over 40grand right there.

Could either cap the total number at like 1000 masks or just keep going til the need dries out. Id think 1000 sales could be made over 3-4 years...and that's a hell of alot of $$$!

Think big ;) could be a major source of income. Get RD to help and production would be smooth!

You do realize after a certain number you sell through eBay they make you fill out Tax info and make you a business account were your profits then diminish very very quickly.

edit -

I'm assuming once the cost of materials is factored in the profits would be considerably less. Plus, the time it would take to assemble 100 masks...I can't even imagine, lol. Perhaps...if a sweat shop assembly line is organized....

I like the way you think, sir!

Also, personally, if I had been the person who took the initiative and hired someone for such an elaborate commission, and while the original price paid is not being discussed, hypothetically I'll say it might have been..a lot. I would be disheartened if all of a sudden the item I had made especially for me was now being mass produced to sell to others for a fraction of the cost. I'm just speaking from my own personal feelings though, not trying to put words in any mouths.

You do realize after a certain number you sell through eBay they make you fill out Tax info and make you a business account were your profits then diminish very very quickly.

Yep, but it would hardly be that bad.

Or just sell it off AZs site...it'd reach less people tho.

100 total masks at $500 - counting in parts, time and tax - would still earn far far more than any other idea.

I'm assuming once the cost of materials is factored in the profits would be considerably less. Plus, the time it would take to assemble 100 masks...I can't even imagine, lol. Perhaps...if a sweat shop assembly line is organized....

I like the way you think, sir!

It'd take take 200 days lol. But..AZ wants to make sure people don't make money off his work..the people want masks..my idea fits right in the middle!

Also, personally, if I had been the person who took the initiative and hired someone for such an elaborate commission, and while the original price paid is not being discussed, hypothetically I'll say it might have been..a lot. I would be disheartened if all of a sudden the item I had made especially for me was now being mass produced to sell to others for a fraction of the cost. I'm just speaking from my own personal feelings though, not trying to put words in any mouths.

I felt the same way about my Vests, I honestly didnt want anymore made. I had to make a choice I am glad when David did sell them it was for a fair price to him and I felt good about the price being more than what I commissioned him for.

You guys have to realize that there is no way Todd can make a 1000 masks, the process to make these is even with the molds a long ass process. I mean the main jaw area still takes 6 hours to cast and reinforce. Lets be realistic if he is even able to do 6 the price is his decision and I said it before they will be worth Every penny!

I felt the same way about my Vests, I honestly didnt want anymore made. I had to make a choice I am glad when David did sell them it was for a fair price to him and I felt good about the price being more than what I commissioned him for.

You guys have to realize that there is no way Todd can make a 1000 masks, the process to make these is even with the molds a long ass process. I mean the main jaw area still takes 6 hours to cast and reinforce. Lets be realistic if he is even able to do 6 the price is his decision and I said it before they will be worth Every penny!

Exactly, I was surprised when you mentioned more of your vest was being sold, that thing was crazy awesome. You don't want 100-1000 people walking around wearing something you had created for you as an AWESOME costume to make you stand out. Then it just becomes "oh look...there goes another bane...". I'm kind of scared about that already, which is why I'm doing the black jacket because it seems like evveerryyone is doing vest or vest+shearling coat. :(

Edit: hell, when I found my Rorschach mask that actually moved I was so excited, only to find out that all of the pictures I took with people I couldn't find online, but found pics of a guy at the same con with the same mask but better coat :(.

Last edited:
My numbers were clearly just examples, but okay. I was pointing out a buisness could be made of this, if somebody wanted to do so.

Plus, I thought my ideas were more constructive than..

"make it $300!"

"nah, make it over $1000!"

And it eliminated people selling on for profit, which seems to be AZ's main concern. I did give an idea for a limited run, too.

Exactly, I was surprised when you mentioned more of your vest was being sold, that thing was crazy awesome. You don't want 100-1000 people walking around wearing something you had created for you as an AWESOME costume to make you stand out. Then it just becomes "oh look...there goes another bane...". I'm kind of scared about that already, which is why I'm doing the black jacket because it seems like evveerryyone is doing vest or vest+shearling coat. :(

Edit: hell, when I found my Rorschach mask that actually moved I was so excited, only to find out that all of the pictures I took with people I couldn't find online, but found pics of a guy at the same con with the same mask but better coat :(.

This is the exact reason I spend the money on my costume and hitting the gym like crazy. If one thing sets me apart from other Banes then I have done my Job. I am paying a crazy number on my new pants and boots but they will be Screen Accurate and that will set me apart from other Banes.

AZ asked for ideas and prices, so I gave some, sorry *shrug*

I'd pay no more than $600.

AZ asked for ideas and prices, so I gave some, sorry *shrug*

I'd pay no more than $600.

Agreed, it seems an excellent mask, and I agree with you and rdmaul. But there has to be a balance between what is really profit and what is not. In my opinion, to think to make 100, is just...a little "too much", first of all I think that between 10-20 would be "enough" (not knowing the hard work that takes to AZ to make one, time, materials, expectations, etc etc, I am just assuming so forgive me). Price should be high but not too much, otherwise it may be bad for business.

I personally would pay no more than $500 for this "line of production", If there are just 1-10 are going to be made, well, price could go higher, let's say $600 like jhonny here claimed imo. And of course we would have to get a lots of pictures to see the product haha.

I like how your name is Hurley! I'm a Lost fan :woot:

I will say that simply raising the cost to ensure nobody re-sells it makes no sense, cos say if 6 are made at $1000...then person number 6 could just sell it for $2000 cos no more will be made, demand being high.

There are many ways of doing this but I can only speak for myself - id never sell this unless I became heavily broke lol. The very basic way to do it is for you to pick who you think wouldn't sell it, then sell them the mask at a fair profit. People will be left out, but atleast it won't be a bidding war.

That, or my eBay idea :o

Totally depends on how many you actually want to make, then the price can be worked out - you'd know how much time/effort/material is needed first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"