The Official WONDER WOMAN Discussion Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep not really digging the sound of Earth 2 at all right now

Yeah, pretty much. The Superman one more or less killed it for me, I think.

Yep. Which is a shame as I actually really dig that costume design. But the big three are just more violent and disgruntled and angsty than they currently are. Can't they be...you know, more cheerful? An Earth that isn't filled with gratuitous sex and violence and instead occupied by awe-inspiring and hope-giving heroes? I don't even care if they aren't WW2 heroes anymore. But I don't feel like reading a more extreme version than what I've already got.

Yep. Which is a shame as I actually really dig that costume design. But the big three are just more violent and disgruntled and angsty than they currently are. Can't they be...you know, more cheerful? An Earth that isn't filled with gratuitous sex and violence and instead occupied by awe-inspiring and hope-giving heroes? I don't even care if they aren't WW2 heroes anymore. But I don't feel like reading a more extreme version than what I've already got.

It's like I keep telling my friends - we'll probably never completely escape the "extreme" style of storytelling that was supposedly left behind when the 90s ended.

CrimsonMist said:
Yep. Which is a shame as I actually really dig that costume design. But the big three are just more violent and disgruntled and angsty than they currently are. Can't they be...you know, more cheerful? An Earth that isn't filled with gratuitous sex and violence

I'm fine with the first one ;)

Its the gratuitous violence that gets a :down from me :csad:

According to "Earth 2" writer James Robinson, this version of Clark Kent's alter-ego is not the paragon of hope and justice DC fans are used to - even if he masks this fact from the inhabitants of the planet he protects. "Mourning the death of his beloved, Superman carries both a sadness in his heart along with the weight of Earth 2′s welfare upon on his shoulders, while never showing this and seeming to all that he is this world’s peerless champion," the writer told DC's official blog, The Source.

Editor Pat McCallum takes things even further, asking, "What would you have to do to teach Superman to kill? He’s endured the loss of his home world, and now the Last Son of Krypton must weather the death of his soul mate Lois Lane. Just how far can you bend the Man of Steel before he breaks?”

UUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

i love this part "this version of Clark Kent's alter-ego is not the paragon of hope and justice DC fans are used to".

sorry DC, but it's been a damn long time since we've had a superman that was a paragon of hope for us to be used to.

I'm fine with the first one ;)

Its the gratuitous violence that gets a :down from me :csad:

If you want gratuitous sex, go read a crappy Verotik comic or something. I have no problem with sex in superhero comics however. But out of ALL the sex that has appeared in any of the new 52 books, the only time I found it tasteful was in that one issue of Batwoman. It was tastefully illustrated, it was romantic, it adds to the relationship of Kate and Maggie. More stuff like that and less of that crap in Catwoman, please.

The love scene in Batwoman is one of the best love scenes I've seen in any form of fiction :up:

I absolutely adored it and I thought it was a beautiful scene for both Kate and Maggie. So sweet and lovely :hrt:

I loves all their scenes together. Kate and Maggie's relationship is one of the main things I love about Batwoman :hrt: They're my favourite couple in comic books :)

Yep. It's pure garbage.

I'm out. I've quit buying comics.

But there are still some really good comic books DC are doing right now Kurosawa

Batwoman and Batman are both amazing :up:

Action Comics is neat too. And Birds of Prey and Batgirl are good :up:

And I think you would like OMAC. It's very Jack Kirby-ish

But there are still some really good comic books DC are doing right now Kurosawa

Batwoman and Batman are both amazing :up:

Action Comics is neat too. And Birds of Prey and Batgirl are good :up:

And I think you would like OMAC. It's very Jack Kirby-ish

There are a few things, but my money is about to seriously tighten up and something has to go.

Yep. It's pure garbage.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it pure garbage, but it is bitterly disappointing. I don't think I've been this bummed about a comic since the First Wave Spirit on-going.

Really, the only true superhero comic I'm reading at the moment is Waid's Daredevil. Every superhero comic should take note and use it as a template. Everything else I'm reading is either crime, horror or a combination of both.

Waid's DD has been amazing. i think its the only marvel book i buy now that they've canceled punisher max.

Superman doesn't break. That's pretty much the point of the character.

Superman doesn't break. That's pretty much the point of the character.

He's allowed to in alternate timelines.

Really, I have no problem with famous DC characters being portrayed as off-color as possible in alternate timelines. That's what they're for, when you get right down to it.

What disappoints me is that this is being applied to Earth 2, the timeline I normally associate with the Golden Age of comics.

Yep. It's pure garbage.

I'm almost inclined to agree with you on this one. Resurrecting Earth-2 like this seems like a colossal f***-up. But I'll just skip it and continue reading what few DC comics I have left on my pull list, not quit comics entirely.

ww_cv10_02.jpg

These covers man. <3

That's a cool cover.

One question though. Has Wonder Woman ever showed the ability to fly in the New 52 Universe?? I dont remember seeing her fly in Justice League nor the Wonder Woman nor in Justice League Dark.

Can she fly??

I don't think she has yet. Maybe she doesn't have that power anymore

I hope she still has her invisible plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member