The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be the fat lady singing.
I wouldn't be surprised if Roberts is kicking over some garbage cans right about now.

In light of this, there is just no way they can argue they would get approval from the DOJ for any domestic assets.

Fox may be hesitant to accept any Comcast bid now that the DOJ has appealed the AT&T + Time Warner deal.

So the DOJ approved the Disney-Fox bid but are pushing for anti-trust for the Comcast bid?

Fox shareholders should know where to cast their vote now. Go with Disney who has been approved or go with Comcast who is not only not yet approved but things are against them for approval.

So the DOJ approved the Disney-Fox bid but are pushing for anti-trust for the Comcast bid?

Fox shareholders should know where to cast their vote now. Go with Disney who has been approved or go with Comcast who is not only not yet approved but things are against them for approval.
DOJ approved the Disney deal because they are only a producer of content. They don't distribute, and can't impact consumers like an AT&T or Comcast can.

In light of this, and with as little time as there is, this is probably over now. The choice is obvious.

787.png

:funny:

We’re getting seriously close now. It’s highly likely that, two weeks from tomorrow, all that will be left are a few minor details until the FF are home.:woot:

We’re getting seriously close now. It’s highly likely that, two weeks from tomorrow, all that will be left are a few minor details until the FF are home.:woot:
Looking that way. :)

Vote on 7/27.

Handful of International approvals.

Judge signs on sale of RSN's.

This will be done before Christmas. :woot:

Vote on 7/27.

VpviGX1.jpg

Vote on 7/27.

Trying to temper expectations but YES :woot: Next year's Comic Con could be huge!

They better announce an MCU Fantastic Four film! We need Marvel's first family in the MCU ASAP.

For sure. They deserve it after 4 terrible films. Imagine seeing the Baxter Building in a post credits scene for Avengers 4 :hmr:
Feige could walk out and just smile, and the crowd would go wild.

For sure! That would be enough for me to simply faint haha. "We did it, guys. They're home"

Vote on 7/27.

What's the timeline looking like for those things? Days? Weeks? Months? Or don't we know?

I'm pretty sure I heard that the sale of the RSNs isn't a prerequisite for the closing, but the international approvals are, right?

They better announce an MCU Fantastic Four film! We need Marvel's first family in the MCU ASAP.
I'd prefer a El Capitan 2.0 slew of announcements like when they announced Phase 3.

Make it as light hearted as possible. Until we're told the MCU will face its Doom....

What's the timeline looking like for those things? Days? Weeks? Months? Or don't we know?

I'm pretty sure I heard that the sale of the RSNs isn't a prerequisite for the closing, but the international approvals are, right?

Judge will sign off when the fall term begins. It's one of those quick pieces of business on the docket since both parties are in agreement. (end of Aug - Sept, IIRC)

International bits I'm scouring for info on, but they should be done shortly as well. -- most of the assets (including 20th Century Fox) primarily required US approval. Mission already accomplished there. Biggest international pieces deal with cable channels and Star India. Disney has got this.

Last edited:
I'd prefer a El Capitan 2.0 slew of announcements like when they announced Phase 3.

Make it as light hearted as possible. Until we're told the MCU will face its Doom....

If we hear the metal footsteps approaching a castle turret overlooking a small village and the camera pans up and we see Doom in all of his classic comic glory as the final clip of a montage of stuff for comic con next year, I will probably go into a happy coma....

I can't wait to see Jamie Bell's Thing duke it off with Mark Ruffalo's Hulk!

CW1KwBRW4AA9v7m.png

Why is the Thing holding his thing in his right hand?

Oh I see. It's actually Johnny's hand on fire in the background. Just unfortunately posed.

Just go back to the concept art. It could have looked even worse. This Thing literally looks like fried Chicken

Judge will sign off when the fall term begins. It's one of those quick pieces of business on the docket since both parties are in agreement. (end of Aug - Sept, IIRC)

International bits I'm scouring for info on, but they should be done shortly as well. -- most of the assets (including 20th Century Fox) primarily required US approval. Mission already accomplished there. Biggest international pieces deal with cable channels and Star India. Disney has got this.

So it won't actually be officially closed until fall then? I guess that lines up with their projected timeline.

I find it funny that both Michael Chiklis and Lawrence Fishbourne both have expressed interest in returning to their Fantastic Four roles.

Fishburne wants to be Galactus. I think he would be a good fit.- I wanted him for Galactus back in 2007

So it won't actually be officially closed until fall then? I guess that lines up with their projected timeline.
Slightly earlier, potentially. Considering this could have gone all the way to next summer, I think we'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"