The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bang

Big Bang Well-Known Member

With a bit of reverberation, yeah I could see that. Err, hear that.

2. WeaponXCII

WeaponXCII Well-Known Member

:up:

3. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

:up: And after the Vote, Feige will know he has it. He may not be able to do anything official until it closes, but he can start writing in ink the plans he has probably already penciled in.

4. KBX

KBX Well-Known Member

https://deadline.com/2018/07/doj-appeals-decision-allowing-att-time-warner-merger-1202425687/

5. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Well-Known Member

If the deal closes in time then even if they can’t explicitly show Fox Marvel characters given that the phase 3 movies have been shot already imagine a Latvareia name drop in any of the Marvel movies released next year?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  6. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Post credits. Mutant Easter eggs

7. Big Bang

8. Willie Lumpkin

If the deal closes by Christmas, they could attach any after credits scenes they want to any of the 2019 films.

9. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Scott and Hope get married, then you can add him and Cassie.

10. Big Bang

Best part is, they can make them without casting any of the characters either. They can name them out right, show a 4 logo, etc. So many options. The hype around the MCU would then become stratospheric.

11. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

:hmr:

12. Willie Lumpkin

Yeah, how about just a low angle shot of European castle? Or a shot of a rocket on a launch pad?

13. MasterCat

MasterCat Well-Known Member

That's my hope too. Cassie ought to be family by the time she's a costumed superhero.

14. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I’m so hyped i could puke

15. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

So when this deal finally happens, I take it this thread will close and new Fantastic Four and X-Men threads will be opened up?

16. Rorschach2012

I’m so hyped i could puke

17. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

This thread should never close. We can have FF and X-Men threads but this should stay open. It's historical.

And if we really want to keep it open there's still the Spider-Man rights.

18. Rorschach2012

This thread closing will be bittersweet. It’s clearly one of the better threads on the hype but a new F4 sub forum opening up would be such a victory for everyone involved in this thread. Especially Willie

19. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Well-Known Member

The deal closing by that time would be like the best Christmas present ever.

20. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

This bit was particularly relevant:

Looks like everything is stacked against Comcast and in Disney's favour. Is there anything Comcast can do now?

21. Tymminator

Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

What should happen is, this thread should be pinned to the top of the new Fantastic four forum and it should never be locked.

22. Big Bang

Not really.:woot:

Right now I expect for Comcast to make some announcement about how valuable Sky is and that they will focus on them.

23. ADollarADay

ADollarADay Well-Known Member

This is the truth 100%.

I was talking to a couple of friends who have way more shares than me and still haven't cast their vote. We all concur that it will be hard for CMCSA to come up with anything worthy for smart investors.

With AT&T acting like idiots and doing a 180 on what they said during trial (within 60 days of closing lol) and the DOJ appealing the T/TWX decision then it'll give us a lot of uncertainties for CMCSA bid.

Roberts is in a top spot, he can come in at 90B and still be balked at simply because Disney already got approved and it'll close by the end of the year. There's no guarantee CMCSA will close the deal. I feel empathy for Roberts right now. There's literally nothing he can do. In those situations I go to the gym and hit the weights hard. Or go hit the bags or spar with people. High level execs like him probably do coke and have prostitutes out. That's probably what he's doing now.

Iger and Disney are now 100% guaranteed to not raise their bid. They have DOJ approval, a 6 month+ headstart, backing from the Fox sport and biggest shareholders, and appeal from DOJ on T/TWX. If Fox tries to back out of the Disney deal and try to ask for more money, DIS will take the 1.5B. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. Smart money is taking the 71B. Good for DIS investors as it doesn't dilute as much as the previous offer and long term debt and balance sheet can be fixed in a few years with higher cash flow and good management. Good for FOX investors as they get more money/stock. Bad for Comcast. Bad for Disney fans who want immediate results (i.e. new theme park lands everywhere today).

If the July 27th vote goes as expected, Feige and friends can plan and shoot an alternate post credit scene or two. In the unlikely scenario the deal takes longer than expected (i.e. still not approved by the time A4 comes out), then they can just release another post credit scene. Low risk, high reward.

Like I said, unless some unforeseen thing happens this deal will close by Xmas and people here will get a nice Xmas present. First round is on you Willie.

No. Disney and Marvel will still need the outstanding rights that Comcast owns and Spider-Man. The former can possibly be coming soon after Disney closes the deal with Fox, so Hulk/Namor movie rights + theme park rights in Orlando and Spiderman in Japan may soon be all Disney (or on the way, the theme park rights would be phased out, I'm certain).

Disney would then focus on getting Spidey 100% back in house. That's the outstanding item this thread would focus on IMO.

24. Zarex

Zarex Well-Known Member

Kabletown is still coming out of the deal pretty well. They are the frontrunner to get Sky and will probably be able to pick up RSNs in key markets once Disney divests. And assuming AT&T stays intact Roberts may be able to close another deal with the financing he lined up.

25. InCali

InCali I got a pUpgrade!

"When" the deal closes, I've got a present for you....and believe me, it's better than that champagne cork in the eye we both laughed about when the deal was announced. :sly:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.