• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of Sony’s previously announced plans for Spider-Man and company are being reworked. Namely, the studio is scrapping “Silver & Black,” which was supposed to chronicle the team of Silver Sable, a mercenary who runs a company that hunts war criminals, and Black Cat, a burglar named Felicia Hardy. Instead, the characters will be in standalone films, the first of which will likely feature Black Cat.

Mess.

Can't wait for the Aunt May movie!

BTW, this is also another reason Disney won't resign the contract unless Sony loosens their grip. No reason for them to do so.

Agreed. I think she would absolutely kill it in either of those roles.

Yeah, she'd be fine in either of those. She would've made a killer Black Widow and looked like she just stepped out of a comic - the role that I think she really should've had.

Tell me this doesn't scream Black Widow more than ScarJo:

[YT]GNoQdKDZwHM[/YT]

And also, that commercial doesn't scream Sue Storm at all. She's not a fit for both characters.

Can't wait for the Aunt May movie!

BTW, this is also another reason Disney won't resign the contract unless Sony loosens their grip. No reason for them to do so.

Sony is going to try to get Venom in the MCU

We have to hope Venom fails so it doesn’t cause the Sony/Marvel deal to fall apart.

I’ve never rooted for a film to fail as hard as Venom before.

What's this about?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney...99?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/GMLjdQIno3

DkLFQYiU0AAg9lL.jpg

The Wall Street Journal is saying that Fox will continue making sequels to the X-Men and FF in contradiction to the idea that they will be handed over to Feige.

Sony is going to try to get Venom in the MCU

It reminds of that scene from Taken, "Good Luck".

With the announcement of SUMC I'm pretty certain Disney is not gonna resign the contract with Sony unless Sony greatly loosens their grip on the license. I also don't think Sony will want to resign either as they made it clear they want Spidey back to play with Venom and friends. FFH is our last Spidey ride in the MCU unless something changes and Sony gives something up.

We have to hope Venom fails so it doesn’t cause the Sony/Marvel deal to fall apart.

I’ve never rooted for a film to fail as hard as Venom before.

It might fall apart regardless if Sony doesn't loosen their grip on the license. I've explained why.

What's this about?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney...99?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/GMLjdQIno3

DkLFQYiU0AAg9lL.jpg

The Wall Street Journal is saying that Fox will continue making sequels to the X-Men and FF in contradiction to the idea that they will be handed over to Feige.

I listened to the call. Iger is just explaining that 21CF will be BAU and release edgy movies and whatnot. He may have mispoke about the Marvel properties, but worry not as those will go under Feige and friends. That's been clear since Dec 14, 2017.

Last edited:
Maybe they only mean Dark Phoenix cause it makes no sense otherwise

Yeah, I don't think we should read too much into it. Despite the way all of us feel, Disney almost certainly wants Dark Phoenix to be a big success (no matter how slim the chances of that actually happening). If DP can bring in $800 million at the box office, that's money in Disney's pocket.

So part of projecting the illusion that X-Men will continue could be designed to convince people like us to give DP a chance.

And who knows, nothing is set in stone. If the craziest of crazy things happens and DP is actually good, Disney could (don't freak out here everybody) actually decide to make another film set in that world and wrap things up nicely before rebooting in the MCU.

At the very least, I don't think any firm decisions have been made on exactly what will happen with things like Deadpool and X-Men. Disney probably wants to see where things are at the actual close and evaluate at that point. Since Disney doesn't know when exactly the close will be, they probably don't want to get ahead of themselves.

I listened to the call. Iger is just explaining that 21CF will be BAU and release edgy movies and whatnot. He may have mispoke about the Marvel properties, but worry not as those will go under Feige and friends. That's been clear since Dec 14, 2017.

How can he misspeak about something so big? Surely he'd know the implication of misspeaking. Has he changed his mind?

How can he misspeak about something so big? Surely he'd know the implication of misspeaking. Has he changed his mind?

Because the way he said it can be interpreted that way. At most R rated Marvel movies will be released under 21CF and everything else under the MCU. I think that'd be a mistake as a Marvel Knights/MAX should be the way to go.

They haven't changed their mind. FF/X-Men under Feige and friends is money. Under Fox, well not so much. It's a no brainer. Don't fret it.

Also, something I notice about that WSJ snippet is it's not a direct quote from Iger and it looks like the writer is telling us what Iger was saying without using Iger's exact words. So the reporter could be adding their own words and interpretation to twist it into something Iger never said or intended.

Sony is so annoying. How can you make movies that are faithful adaptations of the comics if you don’t even have the main hero who these characters spun off from in the movie? Their Spideylessverse is half-assed and unnecessary.

However, Black Cat could work as a good heist film for a stand-alone and Morbius could be a good horror movie, but you still need Spidey to make all of this feel whole.

Sony has already announced plans to make “Morbius,” with Daniel Espinosa (“Safe House”) directing Jared Leto as the titular vampire and frequent Spidey nemesis, and has lined up Richard Wenk (“The Equalizer 2”) to write a screenplay focused on Kraven the Hunter. The studio is also in the process of developing movies based on Silk, Jackpot, and Nightwatch, and is actively looking for writers to pen scripts

Wow
Who the heck is Jackpot?

EDIT:

ab610a629555bb5ce30c62487bac86e1--spiderman-marvel-comics.jpg

:dry::dry::dry:

I think all it might mean is in addition to the Disney and MCU logos, we might get the 20th century Fox logo with the X blacked out in front of X-Men movies still.

I think all it might mean is in addition to the Disney and MCU logos, we might get the 20th century Fox logo with the X blacked out in front of X-Men movies still.
...Why? What would be the point of having Fox's logo on MCU X-Films?

Also, something I notice about that WSJ snippet is it's not a direct quote from Iger and it looks like the writer is telling us what Iger was saying without using Iger's exact words. So the reporter could be adding their own words and interpretation to twist it into something Iger never said or intended.

Yeah, and even if it really was the case.

Then why would Iger say this?

Has things changed? Maybe Simon Kinberg won’t let that happen! Rupert Murdoch may have talked Iger out of giving the rights back to Marvel!

Has things changed? Maybe Simon Kinberg won’t let that happen! Rupert Murdoch may have talked Iger out of giving the rights back to Marvel!
I mean, he specially said they will move under Feige. Either Iger misspoke (which would be weird) or somehow, something has changed.

I really hope this does not mean Fox-men are going to be incorporated into the MCU. Not with Sheridan as Cyclops, please no. :facepalm:

Yeah, when I was reading the WSJ article originally I was thinking it was Iger's words, but then I realized it was the reporter interpreting Iger.

And we see this all the time. We see articles written by people who don't follow these things as closely as we do that make no sense and are often flat out wrong.

In the case of the WSJ, we expect a higher standard, but that writer probably knows very little about the actual films and they're saying something that seems to make sense but sounds bat-s*** crazy to people like us who understand the situation much more fully.

I mean, he specially said they will move under Feige. Either Iger misspoke (which would be weird) or somehow, something has changed.

I really hope this does not mean Fox-men are going to be incorporated into the MCU. Not with Sheridan as Cyclops, please no. :facepalm:
Nope. If Feige wouldn't invite Andrew Garfield to the Marvel party he sure as hell ain't going to invite Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, Alexander Shipp, Jennifer Lawrence or whoever else is part of that cast to the party as well.
Iger has said this

"The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love."

"We’re also looking forward to expanding the Marvel Cinematic Universe to include X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool..."

There's no way Iger is going to let Fox continue on with their Marvel movies.
Unless Disney really wants to distribute a Doctor Doom film, lol.

The interesting point is that Sony is ABSOLUTELY planning on bringing Spidey into the Venomverse. If Feige isnt ok with either having two separate Web Slingers, or sharing Holland, this could be another obstacle in extending the deal.

What's this about?

DkLFQYiU0AAg9lL.jpg

There's zero chance we're getting a FF sequel (a reboot, sure), so clearly the reporter was reading into Iger's comments. I wouldn't be concerned. The Marvel rights have to revert to Disney in order for movies featuring those characters to be available on the Disney streaming service.

Venomverse. I may have just p****ed myself laughing. Oh wait! A Jackpot film!? No, I definitely have now.

Wow... I knew Sony was stupid but not this stupid. A Jackpot film?! :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back