The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the same can be said about the characters from the Spider-Man Universe as well, because Sony is trying to make a movie based on everyone except Spidey.

I doubt Disney will go after Spider-man straight away once the deal is sealed considering the effort it took to get Fox. Which makes me wonder, how many Spidey characters will essentially be rendered unusable a ling time in the mcu?

Spiderman now being in the MCU does give Disney some leeway in negotiation. They can use the civil war infinity war and Avengers 4 box office results as leverage. If Sony is getting a % of Infinity War and Avengers 4 thanks to spidey then why would they not keep going? I think the venom verse exists because their simply milking this franchise for as long as they can while they still have it.

From what I understand Sony doesn't benefit from any of the MCU films but gets full revenue of the solo films they don't have to produce.

I doubt Disney will go after Spider-man straight away once the deal is sealed considering the effort it took to get Fox. Which makes me wonder, how many Spidey characters will essentially be rendered unusable a ling time in the mcu?

Unusable is bad enough but I’m more worried about how many character’s first appearances they will ruin.

From what I understand Sony doesn't benefit from any of the MCU films but gets full revenue of the solo films they don't have to produce.

Correct, they don't get any revenue from the non-solo movies. The only thing Sony gets from the Avengers movies is good PR for their solo movies.

Last edited:
Spiderman now being in the MCU does give Disney some leeway in negotiation. They can use the civil war infinity war and Avengers 4 box office results as leverage. If Sony is getting a % of Infinity War and Avengers 4 thanks to spidey then why would they not keep going? I think the venom verse exists because their simply milking this franchise for as long as they can while they still have it.

Sony gets no money for appearances outside of his own solo movies. What they get is the platform for Spider-Man to be in those larger team-up films, which hopefully for them leads to BO for the Spider-Man solos.

Question for anyone who knows. After Marvel has made their films, is there any contractual element that would prevent Sony from Hiring Tom Holland to star in their films?

Question for anyone who knows. After Marvel has made their films, is there any contractual element that would prevent Sony from Hiring Tom Holland to star in their films?

We don't know. At the very least, I have seen nothing conclusively either way. It's all speculation.

I'd actually expect Holland to not want to continue being Spidey without being in the MCU. I think he mentioned before it's one of the things that drove him to the role and working within the MCU. A lot of stars want to be involved with the MCU, like Jennifer Lawrence and Mr. Wolverine himself was begging to be involved before he retired from the roll. I even think Denzel asked before about it as well.

We don't know. At the very least, I have seen nothing conclusively either way. It's all speculation.

Since technically his primary contract is probably between him and Sony, it may have been hard for Disney to slip that in. (and not really fair to Tom)

I'd actually expect Holland to not want to continue being Spidey without being in the MCU. I think he mentioned before it's one of the things that drove him to the role and working within the MCU. A lot of stars want to be involved with the MCU, like Jennifer Lawrence and Mr. Wolverine himself was begging to be involved before he retired from the roll. I even think Denzel asked before about it as well.

I think it would be a hard sell for Sony - not only because it would be a step down from Marvel, but Holland may not want to spend the rest of his life playing one character.

Still, if there's nothing preventing it, I'd expect Sony to throw a ton of money at him and that might be hard to resist.

Yeah I doubt Holland agrees to something like that without marvel being involved , and I’m sure his people would advise him against it too.

Sony put themselves in a very tight spot by agreeing to let the character be in the MCU. If they decide to take him out and go on there own again at any point in the near future, it’s gonna be a ****show for them. An uphill battle for sure.

Yeah I doubt Holland agrees to something like that without marvel being involved , and I’m sure his people would advise him against it too.

Sony put themselves in a very tight spot by agreeing to let the character be in the MCU. If they decide to take him out and go on there own again at any point in the near future, it’s gonna be a ****show for them. An uphill battle for sure.

It probably depends how well this goofy scheme of Sony's works (and that's probably why they're even trying).

If they can create a cool world and then bring Spider-man into it (either Holland or someone else), that could get people excited.

But without the support of people like us, and without Spider-Man Sony is going to have a hard time launching that world.

If Venom bombs, that could be the ideal moment for Marvel to either extend their agreement or try to get the rights outright.

If I were Sony and if it's not prohibited by the Disney/Sony deal, I would at least give a glimpse of Spidey in Venom (and maybe that's going to happen but they don't want to ruin the surprise).

If I were Sony, I'd start with a black-suited Spider-Man ridding himself of Venom in the first five minutes. He wouldn't need to be shown or mentioned after that, but it would tie Spidey to Venom and more importantly establish the setting as Spidey-World (for those who don't pay as much attention as us).

The only reason I could see for not doing that would be that the sharing-deal prevents it. And I'd be willing to infer as much if we don't get any glimpse or mention of Spidey in Venom.

I think this all depends on how Venom performs. At the end of the day, I think Sony want their movies to be MCU or at least have the appearance of MCU. So I think they will try and squeeze Marvel into having someone other than Spider-Man cameo in something. I really think that is the endgame for them.

Despite Sony making questionable decisions with their other movies, they do seem to see the importance and impact the MCU has had on Spidey. So...there's that at least lol

If I were Sony and if it's not prohibited by the Disney/Sony deal, I would at least give a glimpse of Spidey in Venom (and maybe that's going to happen but they don't want to ruin the surprise).

If I were Sony, I'd start with a black-suited Spider-Man ridding himself of Venom in the first five minutes. He wouldn't need to be shown or mentioned after that, but it would tie Spidey to Venom and more importantly establish the setting as Spidey-World (for those who don't pay as much attention as us).

The only reason I could see for not doing that would be that the sharing-deal prevents it. And I'd be willing to infer as much if we don't get any glimpse or mention of Spidey in Venom.

Maybe Sony can have a reflection of Spidey in Venom's eye? :o

Impossible to know without looking at the contract. My guess is that Tom Holland cannot be Spider-Man outside of the MCU. Sony would have to recast. The loophole would be that they could cast Holland as someone else and have him in their crappyverse.

I think this all depends on how Venom performs. At the end of the day, I think Sony want their movies to be MCU or at least have the appearance of MCU. So I think they will try and squeeze Marvel into having someone other than Spider-Man cameo in something. I really think that is the endgame for them.

If so, that might also be an explanation for why they might not feature Spider-Man in Venom - they're trying to keep that door open.

It just seemed to me that they're so intent on making these other films that they're ready to go-it-alone. Which would seem foolish, but that was my assumption.

Makes me hope Venom bombs and I'm usually not one to hope a movie fails

We don't know. We know a prior contract for the rights was transferable.

Makes me hope Venom bombs and I'm usually not one to hope a movie fails

Yeah with the rumors of a Kraven the Hunter and Jackpot movie coming, movies NO ONE asked for, I'm hoping for Venom to fail as well. It's like the new Fantastic Four movie thing all over again. I do get the feeling that Venom may perform better than expected due to the timing of it's release and Hardy being involved. If Venom is any kind of success, Sony is going to do major damage to the Spiderman brand.

But where would Spidey have picked up the sim-buy-oat in the first place? I guess they could have said that it attached to him on Titan but that didn't happen in IW. Maybe they pulled it out of their ass? Yeah, that would work. :o

But where would Spidey have picked up the sim-buy-oat in the first place? I guess they could have said that it attached to him on Titan but that didn't happen in IW. Maybe they pulled it out of their ass? Yeah, that would work. :o

The answer to everything is...Thanos :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back