The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say Iron Fist bombed because our protagonist should’ve been Asian American.

I’d say it failed because it had bad acting, bad directing, bad martial arts choreography, and last but not least bad writing/pacing(especially in the first season). Y’know, the little things.

While not casting an Asian actor didn’t help matters, I’d say it could been salvaged if the aforementioned things were handled better.

I still say Iron Fist bombed because our protagonist should’ve been Asian American.

It would've still bombed if Scott Buck had been at the helm, and we were getting board meetings, and the Asian-American actor couldn't fight or act, and the scripts were written poorly.

Imagine an Asian-American doing everything that Finn Jones did and having the same storylines, just that the actor is different. Do you think that would've made such a difference and elevated it above everything else?

Iron Fist was likely doomed regardless, but I do think Marvel TV missed an enormous opportunity in not casting an actor of Asian descent in the lead. Both Marvel and DC are woefully lacking in Asian heroes, and it would have been an example of "race bending" that makes sense. You could have eliminated the outdated "mighty whitey" aspect of the character, maintained his outsider status by keeping Danny's American heritage, and potentially could have added to the fan base by appealing to an underserved demographic. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see a version in MCU proper.

Imagine an Iron Fist movie inspired by The Seven Capital Cities of Heaven story arc. How awesome would that be? But nope, let's waste the character's rich lore on a lousy show.

On the other hand, imagine an Iron Fist show inspired by the Margin Call board meetings. Nope. We don't have to imagine. :o

So it means that they think Buck did a better job since he earned them an extra season? :o

Only if they are idiots. Anyone with half a brain can see the damage was done with the first season.

Iron Fist should’ve been an animated television show done in the style of Samurai Jack. Instead of reviving a failed live-action show why not do a totally different show this time in animated form where you can get away with the more fantastical elements of the comics?

That would be cool. I'd still like an iron fist movie down the road.

Iron Fist should’ve been an animated television show done in the style of Samurai Jack. Instead of reviving a failed live-action show why not do a totally different show this time in animated form where you can get away with the more fantastical elements of the comics?
Because that's still too expensive and too time-consuming to make.

looks like venom will win its second weekend. ugh.
62% isnt a good drop no matter if it wins it or not. Rule of tum is that movies that have opened to over 100 millions drop bigger. Venom opened with 80.

62% isnt a good drop no matter if it wins it or not. Rule of tum is that movies that have opened to over 100 millions drop bigger. Venom opened with 80.
What about Logan and Ant-Man and the Wasp?

Nice one. Would like to see him in action with Strange again for the sequel. Really looking forward to seeing Chiwetel again too assuming he comes back.

It would've still bombed if Scott Buck had been at the helm, and we were getting board meetings, and the Asian-American actor couldn't fight or act, and the scripts were written poorly.

Imagine an Asian-American doing everything that Finn Jones did and having the same storylines, just that the actor is different. Do you think that would've made such a difference and elevated it above everything else?
In sum, the buck stops with Buck.

He knows how to buck the trend of successful Marvel adaptations. :o
He better take responsibility for his failures and not be passing the buck. (I’ve already used this one a few hours ago but I’m running out of Buck-puns :().

He better take responsibility for his failures and not be passing the buck. (I’ve already used this one a few hours ago but I’m running out of Buck-puns :().

He needs to know the buck stops here.

Now stick him on a bucking bronco at full speed for punishment!

Rodeo-Bull.jpg

He needs to know the buck stops here.

Now stick him on a bucking bronco at full speed for punishment!

Rodeo-Bull.jpg
Maybe that will do the trick. He then reboots himself and goes by 'Scott Buckaroo' who only delivers top quality TV.

Maybe that will do the trick. He then reboots himself and goes by 'Scott Buckaroo' who only delivers top quality TV.

Or he'll ignore any advice and say "this isn't my first rodeo!"

Right now they are predicting 55%, just so you know, BZ.
Face it, Venom from a box office stand point is a success story.
Time to move on to something you like and enjoy better.

Early word is it will make about $35 mil this weekend for a 55% drop. So Venom is doing just fine. It's almost at 400mil WW already (last figure I saw said it would be at just over 378mil WW after this weekend). Venom may actually flirt with 500mil since it has yet to open in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"