The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then you gotta realize Doom would be in his 80s or so afterward. Then the whole coma/trapped in suspended animation thing has been done already with Cap and now with Carol Danvers.

If you dont want to use the quantum realm then depending how young or old they want to go with the fantastic four there are a couple of routes. One is there a group of gifted students at ether midtown school of science or MIT. If you go with midtown you could do a spider-man cameo if you have them at MIT you could even have a flash back to the presentation Tony does in Civil War with BARF and Reed and Sue could be in the audience. Ether one of these scenarios results in them being recruited by the government (Nick Fury) into a special program and they eventually get sent into space.

Or the third option. You skip the whole recruitment, going into space and getting their powers and Reed ends up being the one who bought Avengers tower. Already has his powers and the team is fully formed they've just been working under the radar but snap got their attention. And occasionally we get flash backs to their origin throughout the first movie.

Last edited:
Not a fan of them being College students. I do like the idea of Reed being a renown scientist who is starting to gain recognition, being brought in by Fury to work on an interstellar space travel project.

I do like the idea of Reed being a renown scientist who is starting to gain recognition, being brought in by Fury to work on an interstellar space travel project.

You could also start planning the seeds for SWORD if they aren't already in Avengers 4.

I'm not a fan of the whole FF were trapped somewhere thing. It's been done in the MCU several times. It's old hat. I'd rather they just have gotten their powers prior to the movie off-screen, with possible flashbacks to the event.

Well, my idea for a retro-FF was that they left Earth back in the early '60s to head off some cosmic threat (Galactus, the Skrulls, etc.) and their years of faster-than-light travel had let them age just a few years despite having been in space for six decades. To the team, their two or three-year adventure through the universe would be a trip to the far-flung future.

I'm beginning to like the idea of the Four each being minor celebrities (especially Reed, Sue, and Johnny) before they get powers.
I think that would work well.

I'm beginning to like the idea of the Four each being minor celebrities (especially Reed, Sue, and Johnny) before they get powers.

They did it in the 2005 version didn't they? One of the few things they did well.

From Bloomberg:
Disney Makes Concessions in EU Review of 21st Century Fox Bid
Walt Disney Co. made concessions to the European Union regulators examining its purchase of entertainment assets from 21st Century Fox Inc., the EU said on its website.

The EU authority didn't give details of the companies' offer. Businesses sometimes pledge to divest overlapping units or to change the way they operate to allay antitrust concerns about a deal.

Officials now have a Nov. 6 deadline to approve the deal or open a longer probe lasting several months.

What exactly does that mean? Lol

From what I understand: Disney is bribing the EU regulators to make sure they approve the deal.

Upcoming MCU movies:
  • May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie
  • July 31, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie 2
  • November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie 3
  • February 12, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Movie 4
  • May 7, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Movie 5
  • November 5, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Movie 6
  • February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Movie 7
  • May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Movie 8
  • July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Movie 9

February 2021 is definitely gonna be Black Panther 2.

Still hoping this goes through fast enough for November 5 2021 to be FF. Cannot see Fiege missing the big payoff of bringing the FF home for the 60th anniversary of Marvel and the Four....

I don't need Ororo as a love interest but I'd love to see her introduced as a wider universe character who is still learning her powers at the time.

Or, better yet, have a tween, still just having her powers crackle through Ororo pick T'challa's pocket... instead of picking Professor X's...

Johnny Storm a popular instagram model/internet personality
Ben Grimm a famous air force pilot turned astronaut
Sue Storm a successful doctor and surgeon
Reed Richards famous inventor and possibly the smartest man alive (have the new invention be after Avengers 4 and what puts him on the map)

I'd want Marvel to reference each of them in another film before their own.

Johnny in Spider-Man (he could possibly cameo too)
Ben in Captain Marvel (could be an aspiring air pilot depending on his age at the time)
Sue in Dr Strange (he's familiar with her work in the medical field)
Reed in almost anything (he's the easiest to fit anywhere)

Last edited:
Aside from the 4, hope we get to see Franklin and Valeria too. That'd be something different.

So, this does help to move the deal along more expediently, right? Also, does this mean that the decision from the EU is now coming by Nov. 6th, and not Oct. 19th anymore?

But they can't do that without Constantin's approval! :o

:funny:

I think it's good news. Presumably the concession clears the path. And instead of waiting for them to announce on the 19th that they need that concession before moving forward, that step is already done.

It must be to do more with the television assets. I have a feeling Disney might have to drop FX and maybe even Hulu and what not from the deal. Which is a shame. All though. If they are going to start their own streaming service then the EU might have a problem with Disney owning so much of Hulu which would be a "competitor"

Last edited:
It must be to do more with the television assets. I have a feeling Disney might have to drop FX and maybe even Hulu and what not from the deal. Which is a shame. All though. If they are going to start their own streaming service then the EU might have a problem with Disney owning so much of Hulu which would be a "competitor"

Hulu is not available in europe as far as i'm aware.

Anyway they are still on track for a first half of 2019 competition. It says the deadline is now November 6 but they could approve it before then. if they are happy with the concessions. If Disney if is having trouble getting approved in the EU with what they have now there's no way Comcast would have been approved.

Johnny Storm a popular instagram model/internet personality
Ben Grimm a famous air force pilot turned astronaut
Sue Storm a successful doctor and surgeon
Reed Richards famous inventor and possibly the smartest man alive (have the new invention be after Avengers 4 and what puts him on the map)
Yeah, I'd go even further.
Johnny, like you said
Reed hosted a TV show "Mr. Fantastic's Super Science Hour" years earlier (Carl Sagen/Bill Nye type)
Ben was college/war buddies with Reed, guested on the show, highly decorated in his own right
Sue has the most room for adjustment, but I'm leaning towards a Karlie Kloss-style multi-hyphenate, with Johnny kind of riding on her and Dad's coattails to viral fame.

So, this does help to move the deal along more expediently, right? Also, does this mean that the decision from the EU is now coming by Nov. 6th, and not Oct. 19th anymore?

But they can't do that without Constantin's approval! :o

You jest, but Constantin just reclaimed control of its classic Wrong Turn franchise from Fox. Apparently, they are looking to reboot the West Virginia cannibal series as a sort of Get Out for connoisseurs of human flesh. I am not kidding you.

‘Wrong Turn’ Gets A Remake: Constantin Rebooting Horror Franchise With Original Creator

The updated version is described as a timely and topical meditation on society and its issues. A cross-country hiking expedition puts a group of friends in the land of an inclusive society, where they soon discover they are under a different rule of law, and may not be the victims they thought they were.

Constantin Film’s Robert Kulzer will produce, and Martin Moszkowicz will executive produce. Producer Robert Kulzer said, “Alan’s re -interpretation of his own work and Mike’s vision are a frightening reflection of our world today: one person’s American dream is another’s worst nightmare.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"