The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm of the opinion that Iron Fist, Luke Cage, they've already had their 2 seasons of 13 episodes each. That's more than most Marvel characters and some of them are higher profile than Danny and Power man. Why reboot? Why make new shows for these new stories? Why mess up the Netflix continuity?

Give that screentime to other Marvel heroes that haven't been given the chance.

I do wish Charlie could cameo in Avengers 4 though.

Let's get to Moon Knight asap.

I'm of the opinion that Iron Fist, Luke Cage, they've already had their 2 seasons of 13 episodes each. That's more than most Marvel characters and some of them are higher profile than Danny and Power man. Why reboot? Why make new shows for these new stories? Why mess up the Netflix continuity?

Give that screentime to other Marvel heroes that haven't been given the chance.

I do wish Charlie could cameo in Avengers 4 though.

100% agreed :up:

There really is no reason to reboot these characters in my mind. You can easily just continue their stories elsewhere or just give guys like Moon Knight or Shang Chi a chance instead.

As one quick example, my wife and I are currently streaming Season 4 of Better Call Saul, which is good, but I wouldn't call it great or nearly as good as Breaking Bad.

But even though it's not a great show, the last couple nights when our normal bed-time rolls around, we've both looked at each other and said: "Maybe one more episode". I can't recall the last time a Netflix Marvel show (maybe the first season of Jessica Jones?) had us willing to be groggy the next morning for "one more episode".
Outside of Daredevil, JJS1 and Punisher they should have been much better. DDS3 is awesome though.

The original Netflix / Marvel deal ended with Defenders. The original contract was for one season of each defender plus Defenders. so they must have moved to a by season/contract after Defenders with the option to end a show if certain criteria weren't met. I.e it was under performing.

All good things come to an end. Oh well, MCU Defenders here we come

I knew something was up the moment they said defenders was a limited series it meant ether it was too expensive or they had no long term vision for this universe. Which is a real shame they had so much potential to expand the Netflix MCU with Blade, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider etc.

Tonnes of potential lost. They've missed their big chance of exploding with Defenders being merely decent and not much more.

Tonnes of potential lost. They've missed their big chance of exploding with Defenders being merely decent and not much more.
On the other hand imagine if we classic defenders somewhere down the line. After the fox deal there would be enough pieces in place to make it happen.

On the other hand imagine if we classic defenders somewhere down the line. After the fox deal there would be enough pieces in place to make it happen.

:up: I was having visions of that when we saw Dr. Strange, Valkyrie and Hulk all in Ragnarok.

... but that brings us back to the Namor issue.

Strange, Hulk, Namor and Surfer would be absolutely unbelievable! Could give characters like Valkyrie a reason to stock around too. Whatever those possibilities would be though, it wouldn't change the huge opportunity missed out on with the Defenders Netflix show.

:up: I was having visions of that when we saw Dr. Strange, Valkyrie and Hulk all in Ragnarok.

... but that brings us back to the Namor issue.
Of the existing mcu characters I'd replace namor with scarlett witch.

So DD S1 had more social media buzz then DD S2, yet season 2 was the bigger hit and one of Netflix's most watched shows. Assuming there is no corporate play behind the scenes to get the Marvel shows off Netflix, it'll come down to viewers, not retweets.

Last edited:
unless they are planning on bringing the daredevil cast to the movies, please please please let the show continue.

Id be happy if it ended now tbh. We got a beginning, middle and end. Season 4 is gonna feel empty without Kingpin again. At best well get another Kingpin in prison cameo which we already got in season 2. Couldn't stand bullseye as a side villain I don't think I could watch an entire season with him as the main villain.

Last edited by a moderator:
eh its been out for a week. not spoilers.
Please spoiler tag it anyway, for example I am still on episode 11.
It is a courtesy to other users and I am not so sure the policy ("official" or otherwise) here is just 1 week anyway.

Even if Disney doesn’t revive Luke Cage and or Iron Fist I do think they need to buy the past seasons from Netflix and here’s why...

In a minute everyone is going to have a streaming service and don’t think those companies aren’t going to capitalize on the Marvel brand.

Type Marvel on Netflix and you see the Netflix shows, Agents of SHIELD and a few Marvel films.

Warner starting their own guess we know where Blade going to be...Isn’t Disney fighting them over Star Wars streaming rights now.

That’s why I think now is the time for Disney to really push Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"