The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they said the Netflix show's weren't canon...

wach9lwx0mt11.jpg

Venom is at just over $461 mil WW, so even if the $450 break even report is accurate, Venom is making profit from this point onward.

Could be quite a nice profit too.

Anyone else think that Feige might not do another huge phase 3 reveal for phase 4 and may just decide to reveal say only the 2020 movies at comic con or D23? Along with a vague "oh btw we got x-men and fantastic four back we're working on those but that's all we can say right now stay tuned for more info" I think they regretted doing the Phase 3 reveal event.

So much changed. From getting spider-man back and having to delay a bunch of movies. adding ant-man and the wasp. removing the infinity war part 1 and 2 titles. cancelling inhumans which they could have done discretely had we not known the entire slate. I think they're going to be a lot more careful about how they share information in the future. I could see them doing a year by year reveal instead.

I really think they had to do that because WB announced their slate a few months earlier. We know how those movies turned out. Marvel should have known they don’t need to compete with DC and announce the movies when they are ready.

I don't. Feige announced Phase 2 in July 2012 at a panel for SDCC, so it was already something they were doing. In fact for Phase 3 there were complaints from some fans that they were not going to do some type of announcement for SDCC 2014 back then (I think they held off so they could also reveal some casting choices as at the time they were trying to get J. Phoenix for Dr Strange).

i remember after the phase 3 event during the q&a feige said he wanted to announce phase 3 at comic con but didnt since all the pieces wernt in place yet. most likely cause they were still trying to get joaquin phoenix as strange.

While I like the Heroes For Hire episode in S2 of Luke Cage I gotta admit: I couldn’t care less about a entire tv show about it. Partially because I can’t stand Mike Coltor and I’m indifferent towards the Finn Jones version of Iron Fist. I would prefer they let both Luke Cage and Iron Fist die(these versions at least) and reboot the characters with Marvel Studios with new actors.
I agree

Just have a Daughters of the Dragon show. Misty Knight and Colleen Wing.

And Black Mariah isn't exactly getting the shaft at this point after Season 2.
I don't want a daughter of dragon show. With the propping of Colleen in iron fist 2, they will probably make Misty her side kick. I don't want to watch that.

If the netflix shows getting cancelled are a signal that they might be moving under Feige on the Disney service I'm all for it.
I'm all for it. Just recast Luke and Danny and leave the rest.

I don't think the shows being cancelled is any type of sign it is all going to Feige. Again, if Feige wanted these characters, then the shows would never have been made. This is either Netflix not wanting those particular shows anymore or Disney working to get these shows onto one of their own services at some point (likely Hulu). This in no way says to me "Hey guys, Marvel Studios is going to make a Luke Cage movie!!!" We already would have gotten that if Feige wanted it.

Am I the only one who thinks the Netflix shows, in general, have vastly underperformed their potential?

They've got some interesting characters, and there have been a few great moments, but overall, the level of intensity is sort of low and a lot of it just feels like filler.

After the novelty of the first Daredevil season wore off, everything after that started feeling familiar and not particularly intriguing or thought-provoking or "Wow! I can't wait to see what happens next."

Not trying to pee in anybody's Wheaties, but I feel like I've seen enough and I have no problem watching them fade into the sunset with, hopefully, something a little more exciting coming for Disney Streaming.

I wouldn't object to Disney taking on some of these characters and attempting to breath more life into them, but I'm not so in love with the current actors or story-lines that I would have a problem with a soft or hard reboot.

As one quick example, my wife and I are currently streaming Season 4 of Better Call Saul, which is good, but I wouldn't call it great or nearly as good as Breaking Bad.

But even though it's not a great show, the last couple nights when our normal bed-time rolls around, we've both looked at each other and said: "Maybe one more episode". I can't recall the last time a Netflix Marvel show (maybe the first season of Jessica Jones?) had us willing to be groggy the next morning for "one more episode".

As one quick example, my wife and I are currently streaming Season 4 of Better Call Saul, which is good, but I wouldn't call it great or nearly as good as Breaking Bad.

But even though it's not a great show, the last couple nights when our normal bed-time rolls around, we've both looked at each other and said: "Maybe one more episode". I can't recall the last time a Netflix Marvel show (maybe the first season of Jessica Jones?) had us willing to be groggy the next morning for "one more episode".

Did you watch Daredevil season 3? Between watching episodes and going to work that first day it was out, I was up for 22 hours. I didn't plan on being up that long and I planned to marathon most of it that Saturday, but I just couldn't stop watching the show that night. I ended up 5 episodes short of finishing it all that first day. So, Daredevil most certainly had me groggy.

Back more on the topic of "Keeping Hope Alive", what are the dates we're anticipating? We should have an EU announcement and conference call in early November, right? Does anybody have the specific dates handy?

Did you watch Daredevil season 3? Between watching episodes and going to work that first day it was out, I was up for 22 hours. I didn't plan on being up that long and I planned to marathon most of it that Saturday, but I just couldn't stop watching the show that night. I ended up 5 episodes short of finishing it all that first day. So, Daredevil most certainly had me groggy.

:up:

That's next on our list, and I am probably more interested in it than I've been with any of the others, so it's good to hear it may be worth it.

Still, even if it is, hopefully, really worth it, that seems the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:
And they said the Netflix show's weren't canon...

wach9lwx0mt11.jpg

If Luke Cage needs the toilet while in the elevator, then the others should say "if you've got to go, you've got to go." :o

Most of the time it's "How am I going to get through this one episode? And there's still 10 to go."

That's for most of the shows except Daredevil. I haven't watched the latest season yet. But usually Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and the Publisher have been a drag to get through.

My only wish for the NetflixCU is that atleast one major hero/character from the movies cameos in an episode to keep the feeling that they’re all in the MCU.

Danny Rand reclaims his family business, then have Tony Stark on for two minutes giving him a video mail welcoming him back to NYC.

Daredevil is out protecting Hell’s Kitchen? Let him talk about this Spider-Man kid out in Queens taking his lead.

Have Cap give Punisher a pep talk in one episode.

Disney could do so much more, but I digress.

I don't need actual appearances. The references we get are enough for me. Honestly, I think the Netflix shows are underrated by people in this regard. They do them.
Like the Typhoid Mary's Sokovia flashback in Iron Fist for example or the Hammer tech used in Luke Cage season 1.

I don't need actual appearances. The references we get are enough for me. Honestly, I think the Netflix shows are underrated by people in this regard. They do them.
Like the Typhoid Mary's Sokovia flashback in Iron Fist for example or the Hammer tech used in Luke Cage season 1.

I mean...

It was pretty cool to show in Iron Fist that the Baxter Building was being built when Mary called 911 to “42 Baxter”

:up:

That's next on our list, and I am probably more interested in it than I've been with any of the others, so it's good to hear it may be worth it.

Still, even if it is, hopefully, really worth it, that seems the exception rather than the rule.

Definitely worth it! It's probably tied with the first season for best Netflix MCU season for me. And like Dark Raven said, the pacing is great- even the one part that I found less interesting had me somewhat invested. Get to it as soon as you can!

Definitely worth it! It's probably tied with the first season for best Netflix MCU season for me. And like Dark Raven said, the pacing is great- even the one part that I found less interesting had me somewhat invested. Get to it as soon as you can!

The pacing of what is great? DD season 3? I haven't watched it yet.

Having just finished S3 of Daredevil I can now say it’s one of the best(if not best) season of superhero television I have ever seen but at the same time I feel that this season kind of wraps everything up in a neat bow enough that I’m no longer really craving another season of the show. I mean if it ends up getting renewed of course I’ll watch it but for myself I felt like I finished a four star meal at some fancy restaurant and I really didn’t have much room for more delicious cuisine in my stomache no matter how good it so often tastes. I’m sure this opinion won’t be too popular around here but it’s just how I feel after finishing the third season.

So if Daredevil doesn’t get renewed for a fourth season then I’d be fine with that since I’m content with how it ended this season.

Last edited:
Having just finished S3 of Daredevil I can now say it’s one of the best(if not best) season of superhero television I have ever seen but at the same time I feel that this season kind of wraps everything up in a nice bow enough that I’m no longer really craving another season of the show. I mean if it ends up getting renewed of course I’ll watch it but for myself I felt like I finished a four star meal at some fancy restaurant and I really didn’t have much room for more delicious cuisine in my stomache no matter how good it so often tastes. I’m sure this opinion won’t be too popular around here but it’s just what I feel after finishing the third season.

So if Daredevil won’t get renewed for a fourth season I’d be fine since I’m content with how it ended in this season.

That was a very good analogy and very true.

I was thinking how could they even attempt to create a season 4 after this perfect season. Like, they could try to do Shadowland, but what's the point of having a darker Daredevil after we've just seen that all season with Matthew?

I will always be for more Daredevil. I think they have some different avenues to explore, still. Or new ones can be introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"