The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR Box Office Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
©KAW;23878497 said:
I'm predicting a 291M opening weekend. Just remember I called it.
Lol don't think that feat is possible because of the run time of the movie. A more long shot realistic guess would be $250M as the SHH poll suggested.

PhKCo.gif

oh damn, Kane I missed that part of the premiere, what was asked?

Dunno, the camera panned to Oldman before those two got to talk with him.

Dammit. 'Is it true Severus helps Batman?'

:lmao:

:dry:

These predictions... :lmao:

My eyes are watering and my cheeks are in pain.

I predict the Opening Weekend record is going to be broken opening day.

:sus:

It will be the best premiere for a 2D film,
But, I dont know about those predictions .

I know. They're unrealistic for Nolan's take on Batman.

im callin 100mill fri-50mill sat-50mill sun 200mill ow.

It will be the best premiere for a 2D film,
But, I dont know about those predictions .
As a competitive person and a fan of both marvel and dc properties;
I hope TDKR sells one ticket short of breaking the avengers opening
weekend record. The comic fan in me ever wanting better; hopes
TDKR returns sells one ticket price more than the Avengers did. My
favorite batman movie already played out and so I sit content to watch
this latest madness play out from a safe yet wonderfully interesting
distance.
For all you Bat fans out there: GOOD LUCK!!
Excelsior!

I am not concerned about this film getting near Avengers opening weekend. Seriously the numbers that did are completely mind boggling. Everyone knew it would do well, some even were sure it would take the record but I never thought we'd be talking over 200 million 3d ticket prices or not.
lAlso very impressive, especially for a non sequel was the Hunger Games. Truly surprising.

I am not concerned about this film getting near Avengers opening weekend. Seriously the numbers that did are completely mind boggling. Everyone knew it would do well, some even were sure it would take the record but I never thought we'd be talking over 200 million 3d ticket prices or not.
lAlso very impressive, especially for a non sequel was the Hunger Games. Truly surprising.

I almost fell asleep two times during Hunger Games... :csad:

TDKR must help destroy this 3D craziness. I hope the final result will be something like 1.500.000...

Even though it's going to play in tons of theaters, it's pretty unlikely that TDKR does any opening day/weekend records because of the run time and the lack of 3D ticket sales. It's a little more likely that it could have the legs (and IMAX sales) to top Avengers' total, but I don't see that happening either.

All of that said, who gives a crap?

Even though it's going to play in tons of theaters, it's pretty unlikely that TDKR does any opening day/weekend records because of the run time and the lack of 3D ticket sales. It's a little more likely that it could have the legs (and IMAX sales) to top Avengers' total, but I don't see that happening either.

All of that said, who gives a crap?

Not important, but I think it's possible. Anyway, it'll be one of the top grossing movies of this year, no doubt.

He does that. :word:

im callin 100mill fri-50mill sat-50mill sun 200mill ow.

It won't make the same thing on Sunday as Saturday. That doesn't happen unless there is a holiday on Monday to boost the night time gross on Sunday. With a $100m opening day, it would likely end up at around $55-60m for Saturday and $45-50m for Sunday.

Down in the 80s at Rotten Tomatoes, I see.

Handful of negative reviews but the positives are very positive! If it carries on like this I think over $550m. Opening weekend shouldn't be the target for reasons Mee mentioned.

With respect, not all of the positives are that positive- see James Rocchi on movies.com (3/5), and several others.

It seems wrong to me, however, that two negative reviews from Urban Cinefile are both counted. That skews the statistic quite a bit.

That sounds reasonable. Even though I didn't care for it that much, kinda sad to see Spider-man take a 50% drop in it's 3rd week.

I liked Spidey. I think they had to deal with a lot of pre-release negativity because it's a reboot. It's kinda like how BB had to deal with the negativity from B&R's wake. Spidey is doing pretty well considering the circumstances. It is going to end up making a lot of cash worldwide (way, way more than BB did) so they are in a good spot for the sequel. Now that the origin story is out of the way, they can focus on something entirely new and hopefully the pre-release buzz will be more positive instead of all the "I don't want a reboot blah blah blah" that went on for the first movie.

I know I'm contradicting myself here but I don't think the critics reviews will dictate how well Rises does in the BO. I think it's going to surprise people.

Fri - $105M
Sat - $60M
Sun - $50M

I liked Spidey. I think they had to deal with a lot of pre-release negativity because it's a reboot. It's kinda like how BB had to deal with the negativity from B&R's wake. Spidey is doing pretty well considering the circumstances. It is going to end up making a lot of cash worldwide (way, way more than BB did) so they are in a good spot for the sequel. Now that the origin story is out of the way, they can focus on something entirely new and hopefully the pre-release buzz will be more positive instead of all the "I don't want a reboot blah blah blah" that went on for the first movie.

I agree, I'm very much looking forward to the sequel. Despite my complaints about the movie, I thought Garfield was excellent, and in some ways I prefer his version of Spidey to Maguires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"