The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR Box Office Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm contradicting myself here but I don't think the critics reviews will dictate how well Rises does in the BO. I think it's going to surprise people.

Fri - $105M
Sat - $60M
Sun - $50M

I agree, in that this film will be critic proof, but I don't see it getting to 215M.

What will hold TDKR back is I think with Avengers we really started seeing Theaters operate at max capacity. TDKR added alot more screens to accommodate for that, but I think it will be 180-190 which is excellent.

Anyone know when CinemaScore will grade TDKR? Is it after the OW?

... if you're a shareholder of both Disney and Time Warner. :oldrazz:

Of if you're a reasonable person who can enjoy more than one superhero movie without feeling threatened by the other one. :cwink:

With respect, not all of the positives are that positive- see James Rocchi on movies.com (3/5), and several others.

It seems wrong to me, however, that two negative reviews from Urban Cinefile are both counted. That skews the statistic quite a bit.
Fair comment, I am actually seeing the same kind of mix Inception had (although the average rating for TDKR is still phenomenal if accurate and up to date). Relatively bad RT stats & a few confused reviewers. The Joker won all the critics over on TDK but I always think films that try to be too intellectual otherwise are beaten down by a certain group of reviewers. I'm not criticising them though, just means a lower ranking for this film doesn't mean it's not great given the relative ambition of this trilogy next to nearly every other Hollywood offering this year. It doesn't take long for some people to think 'pretentious' with this kind of film and I think they make that jump too easily at times.

Anyone know when CinemaScore will grade TDKR? Is it after the OW?

Yes, we should find out on Sunday when they report the weekend estimates. Based on some of the polarized reactions so far, I think this will play similar to Inception. Older demographics hated it but younger demographics loved it.

85% on Rotten tomatoes and going down!
I thoought this was going to be an epic conclusion to the best trilogy, a masterpiece? What the hell is going on? Even a Spiderman movie would score higher than that.

Well, as seen with Prometheus, the critics don't take too kindly to any of that thinky-themey stuff.

Well, as seen with Prometheus, the critics don't take too kindly to any of that thinky-themey stuff.

Prometheus was a pointless movie. It's more about scientology. That's why critics hated it, also it asks more questions without providing answers.

3D... just..

I don't get how people enjoy it for more than 5 minutes...
nonono.gif

Different stokes Cory, I love a good 3D film.

I thoought this was going to be an epic conclusion to the best trilogy, a masterpiece? What the hell is going on? Even a Spiderman movie would score higher than that.

What's the matter? It seems to me like you're all about bragging rights. Cool it brah.

LA Times is tracking $180M. Wow. Imagine if they are way off and TDKR pulls in more than that! We could be looking at a massive OW. TA was tracking at $160-$170 million around its release.

Prometheus was a pointless movie. It's more about scientology. That's why critics hated it, also it asks more questions without providing answers.
It doesn't make any reference to Scientology, and you could hardly expect Ridley Scott to tell you the meaning of life.

But the point I am making is that a lot of critics seem to look for commercial competence in a movie (Avengers = good) rather than interest or ambition (TDKR = huh?)

It's mainly the female critics that are negatively repping the movie.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic. The vast majority are saying it's even better than TDK. THE RT score will go up and settle somewhere around 92%. Plus, look at the metacritic score. At the end of the day, this movie is not like the spiderman films. It's not ongoing. It's the end, so obviously it will ruffle a few feathers if
Bruce doesn't just keep being Batman forever.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic. The vast majority are saying it's even better than TDK. THE RT score will go up and settle somewhere around 92%. Plus, look at the metacritic score. At the end of the day, this movie is not like the spiderman films. It's not ongoing. It's the end, so obviously it will ruffle a few feathers if
Bruce doesn't just keep being Batman forever.
To get to 92% it's going to need a LOT of positive reviews without a single negative one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"