The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 115

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love for it to be Nolan's next project after TDKR. Absolutely love it.

I think this film is also a major reason Nolan dropped his Howard Hughes film. I believe he added many elements from that screenplay to this film.

Yeah Nolan stated that in the previous TDKR Empire issue.

So Geoff says TDKR is better than the TDK? :wow:

If it truly is unanimously heralded as the best in the trilogy, that's a pretty big F'n deal.

Well I've been snooping these forums for quite a while, and I just can't contain my excitement for this film. I finally got around to registering after the new IMAX poster today sparked a thought in my head about the ending. I'm sure others have had similar thoughts but I didn't see it posted so I thought I'd throw it out there.

The poster, in my opinion, seems to show Batman (poorly Photoshopped in) atop a bridge (or similar structure) overlooking the destruction of Gotham. It seems to be the same bridge that shows Batman overlooking the sunrise in many recent trailers and spots (although the angle is off, but of course it's just a poorly constructed poster.) Perhaps, (given the rumors of the majorly, if not complete, CGI ending) this poster is suggestive of a continuous tracking shot of Batman atop the bridge with Gotham rebuilding in the background following the destruction caused by Bane; starting at the shot in the poster (with the destruction in the background) and ending with the shot from the trailers with Batman overlooking the sunrise over a newly rebuilt Gotham. The city, and Batman, "rising from the ashes" before our eyes.

Of course, I've not seen the film and I'm no director but I think that would be a pretty astounding ending to an amazing trilogy. Alas, Chris Nolan is an incredible filmmaker and I'm sure he will blow the vision I have of this ending to smithereens and leave my jaw on the floor.

I look forward to spending the final two weeks with you guys on here discussing what I'm sure will be a cinematic masterpiece (at least I hope so!)

Yeah I think he has something completely else up his sleeve for his next project. Based on Geoff's latest interview with Nolan though it seems he's taking a "longish" (2-3) year break before he starts his "next" project.

All we know is that Michael Caine is in it. :)

Yeah I think he has something completely else up his sleeve for his next project. Based on Geoff's latest interview with Nolan though it seems he's taking a "longish" (2-3) year break before he starts his "next" project.

All we know is that Michael Caine is in it. :)

I hope that means good things for Man of Steel.

I know he mentioned a break but I bet he'll be doing one next year or by 2014 at the latest.

Well I've been snooping these forums for quite a while, and I just can't contain my excitement for this film. I finally got around to registering after the new IMAX poster today sparked a thought in my head about the ending. I'm sure others have had similar thoughts but I didn't see it posted so I thought I'd throw it out there.

The poster, in my opinion, seems to show Batman (poorly Photoshopped in) atop a bridge (or similar structure) overlooking the destruction of Gotham. It seems to be the same bridge that shows Batman overlooking the sunrise in many recent trailers and spots (although the angle is off, but of course it's just a poorly constructed poster.) Perhaps, (given the rumors of the majorly, if not complete, CGI ending) this poster is suggestive of a continuous tracking shot of Batman atop the bridge with Gotham rebuilding in the background following the destruction caused by Bane; starting at the shot in the poster (with the destruction in the background) and ending with the shot from the trailers with Batman overlooking the sunrise over a newly rebuilt Gotham. The city, and Batman, "rising from the ashes" before our eyes.

Of course, I've not seen the film and I'm no director but I think that would be a pretty astounding ending to an amazing trilogy. Alas, Chris Nolan is an incredible filmmaker and I'm sure he will blow the vision I have of this ending to smithereens and leave my jaw on the floor.

I look forward to spending the final two weeks with you guys on here discussing what I'm sure will be a cinematic masterpiece (at least I hope so!)

That sounds good.

Welcome! Great first post.
tumblr_m6q5owI02j1qefn6co1_250.gif

Just got back from Ted and my theatre is starting to promote Rises a lot more now. They had some big stands promoting the Rise posters for Batman, Bane and Catwoman.

As TheDemonsHead mentioned, and since I consider this new poster to be VERY spoilerish, well the blood isn't on my hands now.

Yes, these are REAL spoilers!

Gotham is indeed destroyed by Bane. The rich and poor alike are no longer seperated by wealth or class, they are all one in the same in the "New Gotham," rebuilding their city from the ground up, "just the way it was, brick for brick."

As for Batman and friends, well, I'd be a dick to give that away. You'll find out soon enough (if nobody ruins it for you first).

At least that's what I heard.

Didn't Rocketman already post that (along with some more details)? I've read that already somewhere.

Didn't Rocketman already post that (along with some more details)? I've read that already somewhere.

That was part of what he had posted but then erased. There is more and definitely more that he doesn't know, but all signs point to this at least being partially what happens. That can't be all of it, no way.

Wow just saw the acclaim from Geoff. Better than TDK? Looks like I'm going to have to make room in my top 5 and replace my favourite film of all time :)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/dasimbaking21/Gifs/ChipperJones.gif
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/dasimbaking21/Gifs/ChipperJones.gif

I love the way you describe stuff its hilarious. Cant wait to talk to you on July 20-21 after this thing comes out when we actually know what happens.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/shakes_no.gif

I hate to say this but how come your being a killjoy about all this? :dry:

Are you having doubts about TDKR or are liking the idea that TDKR in your mind might SUCK and laughable to say my thoughts about it are funny? (which mostly it is but not like what you think which in your case is false enthusiasm)

You know, having fun and being overjoyed won't kill your reasonable logic. lol :oldrazz:

Very exciting times. The next two weeks are gonna be pretty unbareable crescendo of hype. I wish I had the willpower to stay off the net honestly lol. The overwhelming hype gets exhausting at times.

But I keep coming back for more....2 weeks. 2. Weeks.

I'm going to try and stay away the week it comes out. I don't think I will though :p

That was part of what he had posted but then erased. There is more and definitely more that he doesn't know, but all signs point to this at least being partially what happens. That can't be all of it, no way.

You can be a dick to me Bat. You are free to PM me the dickish spoilers. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"