The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 126 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh that's all I can handle tonight.

Also, I've seen 2 "in theaters this friday" spots with old footage.

Monday done. Sched for the next few days:

7/17 (Tuesday)
Gary Oldman (Live With Kelly)
Christian Bale (Daybreak, UK)
TDKR Preview (Tosh.0)
Christian Bale, TDKR Preview (Batman Begins on FX)

7/18 (Wednesday)
TDKR Red Carpet (Sky Movies Summer, UK)
TDKR LONDON PREMIERE

7/19 (Thursday)
Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway (Reelz Channel Sneak Peek)

7/20 (Friday)
Michael Caine (The View)
TDKR Premiere Special (Sky 1, UK)
TDKR PARIS PREMIERE

7/21 (Saturday)
MTV at the Movies: Dark Knight Rises (MTV)
The Dark Knight Rises: T4 Movie Special (Channel 4, UK)

7/22 (Sunday)
Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (T4: Watch, UK)

7/23 (Monday)
TDKR MEXICO PREMIERE

7/25 (Wednesday)
TDKR JAPAN PREMIERE

Unless My Cocaine is still hurt :(

Is that MTV Special "Bane goes to the Jersey Shore?"

I'd watch that.

I am curious about Tosh.O though

I'm starting to get a vibe from the critics who review negatively. They aren't as invested in the characters as we are in this trilogy. That is why it may feel so distant to them. And then you read that Uslan tweet, and you can see how it effected someone who did have investment in the characters.

It should be positive since his 3/5 reviews are fresh.

3/5 is positive.

That said, TimeOut's review has already been posted.

I'm starting to get a vibe from the critics who review negatively. They aren't as invested in the characters as we are in this trilogy. That is why it may feel so distant to them. And then you read that Uslan tweet, and you can see how it effected someone who did have investment in the characters.

Its like "check your brain at the door" in reverse. They go in expecting a romp but then discover this character piece and arent invested in it and they miss the heart of the film. It like theyve went in with their brain checked at the door. Sometimes you have to invest regardless of whether you want to or not. As a critic it is their job to get down on the films level and understand it. I feel like they dont always do this which completely invalidates their evaluation.

I thought 60% or below is considered rotten? So a 3/5 would be, I would assume.

Its like "check your brain at the door" in reverse. They go in expecting a romp but then discover this character piece and arent invested in it and they miss the heart of the film. It like theyve went in with their brain checked at the door. Sometimes you have to invest regardless of whether you wabt to or not. As a critic it is their job to get down on the films level and understand it.

Exactly. Also, I'm talking having a connection with the characters from the past two movies. TDKR sounds like the least "Stand-alone" piece of the trilogy. While that is great news for the Bat mytho lovers, it might not be for critics reviewing it as a one-shot film. I think Nolan may have gone more against his "making the film stand on its own" motto and really got into creating the full-circle ending.

I really don't think there will be as many negative reviews as people are afraid of. 35 reviews the first day is kinda crazy

There's people reading the spoilers, I can't understand it.

No it's below 60% always has been. 60% and above is fresh. 59% and below is rotten.

No, 60% is actually fresh unless the reviewer specifically asks for it to be posted as rotten. Anything below 60% is rotten.

3/5 is the equivalent of 70%, as I've been told before.
How is that possible? It's simple math that:

1/5=20%
2/5=40%
3/5=60%
4/5=80%
5/5=100%

Unless, of course, that the rotten-or-not meeter is applied to the reviewers discretion, seeing as how there is a 20% leap in between a 1-5 rating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"