The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Neeson and would usually watch most of what he's in ( even those awful Titan films) but this was just a straight up paycheck film for him, and it looked absolutely dreadful. I hate the Transformers films enough on their own let alone a flat out copycat.

I know this has probably been asked and explained a hundred times, but what exactly does the Dent Act do? Was it the RICO case from TDK and anyone affiliated with the mob instantly goes to jail?

I know this has probably been asked and explained a hundred times, but what exactly does the Dent Act do? Was it the RICO case from TDK and anyone affiliated with the mob instantly goes to jail?
twaf5.jpg

"To those who claim this legislation creates a police state, my answer is very simple. Blah blah *irrelevant and unrelated information* blah."

Nice dodge there. :funny:

Does anyone else here think that Blake was a bit, idunno, illequipt to become Bruces successor immediatley after Bruce retired? He has the detective part down pat, and he seemed to be much smarter and more courageous then his peers in the GCPD. But his H2H skills... Every time he was cornered he either had to shoot his way out or be rescued by Batman. I'm not saying he doesn't have the apptitude, it's just that Bruce beat the snot ot of ten hardened criminals before he recieved his LOS training. Blake couldn't even take on two criminals at once without shooting his gun. I get the feeling even Selina could woop up on Blake without breakng a sweat. He's sorely in need of some H2h combat and stealth training...

Does anyone else here think that Blake was a bit, idunno, illequipt to become Bruces successor immediatley after Bruce retired? He has the detective part down pat, and he seemed to be much smarter and more courageous then his peers in the GCPD. But his H2H skills... Every time he was cornered he either had to shoot his way out or be rescued by Batman. I'm not saying he doesn't have the apptitude, it's just that Bruce beat the snot ot of ten hardened criminals before he recieved his LOS training. Blake couldn't even take on two criminals at once without shooting his gun. I get the feeling even Selina could woop up on Blake without breakng a sweat. He's sorely in need of some H2h combat and stealth training...

The training is nothing! The will is everything :cwink:

Will alone won't help you disarm and take out a group of dozens thugs all by yourself.

"The training is nothing, the will to see faces and feel it in your bones is everything"

Blake has the mentality to become Batman but not the skills. Despite insistence on the part of the fans, Nolan is not a 'realistic' director and will focus on what makes sense thematically rather than logistically.

And I keep saying that Blake isn't necessarily going to be Batman v2.0. :funny: He has the cave with the Batcomputer. Doesn't mean Bruce left him with weapons.

JAK®;24812083 said:
Blake has the mentality to become Batman but not the skills. Despite insistence on the part of the fans, Nolan is not a 'realistic' director and will focus on what makes sense thematically rather than logistically.

He's been using the word "Relatable" a lot recently, which is more appropriate term for the films.

Batman's death, the LoS's death would spring an end to the escalated violence. This movie shows the worst possible scenario, Ever.

Gotham would have to clean up, and re stabilize for the next 20 years.

Which gives Killer Croc just enough time to grow in the sewers.

Just watched it again with my girlfriend. First time watching it beginning to end since buying the Blu-ray. Man, I'm still loving it. I have this nagging feeling that I would love it even more if I watched it immediately after BB and TDK, but I still haven't done a marathon yet. It's something I'm really looking forward to doing sometime soon with some friends who are game for it.

Gonna say something unpopular...I actually really enjoyed Marion this time around. Especially her reveal scene. I think that is actually one of my favorite scenes of the film. Hans' haunting score, the cross-cutting between Talia/Bane/Batman, Gordon on the truck and the flashbacks and Marion's performance is really right on the money there. The whole sequence really creates this sense of the trilogy coming to a head.

And The Bat...damn I love that thing. I absolutely adore the shot where Batman flies it in the opposite direction of Catwoman on the Bat-pod and she looks back at him. Just the image of those two vehicles chasing after camo-Tumblers in a snowy Gotham is fantastic. I've really come to dig the final chase now that I can actually relax and take it in while I'm watching it. It's fast and furious, even the shortest shots have a lot of visual flare, like that quick aerial shot of the truck and Tumblers. I really salivate for what was left on the cutting room floor for that sequence.

It really is marvelous when you watch all three films as a marathon, imo.

And yes, The Bat is SO amazing in TDKR. Really love it and the practicality look of the vehicle itself.

I think most people just didn't like her death scene, which was worthy of a Razzie Award. The "slow knife" scene is damn good acting IMHO.

Marion's acting was fine as her reveal was top notch. BUT, I guess I can see where the flack comes from with her death scene.

You mean the highest grossing film of all time that won a handful of academy awards and was nominated for Best Picture? Yeah that comparison certainly points to the #1 worst film of any given year.:whatever:

*in Bane voice*: Ahh, so you think being nominated for Best Picture and also being the highest grossing film of all time makes it a actual great film, huh?

*in regular voice now*: Just to pick one from each area...

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Transformers: Dark of the Moon are real gems as well, huh? :o

Last edited:
He's been using the word "Relatable" a lot recently, which is more appropriate term for the films.

Batman's death, the LoS's death would spring an end to the escalated violence. This movie shows the worst possible scenario, Ever.

Gotham would have to clean up, and re stabilize for the next 20 years.

Which gives Killer Croc just enough time to grow in the sewers.

I seriously want to see Waylon Jones in a live action movie one day. I'm wlling to wait as long as it takes.:yay:

Marion's Tate scenes were okay and IMO the Talia reveal was one of the best scenes in the movie (arguably the 2nd best acted scene after the Alfred/Bruce goodbye scene). It's too bad her laughable death scene came after and was the last thing people saw of her.

I liked her death scene, she used her last gasps of life to convey vital information. If anything, Batman, Cat Lady, Anne and Gordon standing around while a bomb was ticking away was more silly.

He's not going to immediately go into the masked crime fighting business. Bruce's training took years and I think it will probably take Blake quite a while before he actually puts on the mask and starts doing it. I also think it's possible he could travel overseas and have Bruce himself aid him. There's also the consideration that Blake might not exactly follow in Bruce/Batman's footsteps in terms of combat like Robin or Nightwing.

He's not going to immediately go into the masked crime fighting business. Bruce's training took years and I think it will probably take Blake quite a while before he actually puts on the mask and starts doing it. I also think it's possible he could travel overseas and have Bruce himself aid him. There's also the consideration that Blake might not exactly follow in Bruce/Batman's footsteps in terms of combat like Robin or Nightwing.

Sure will be disappointing for Gordon when he flips on that bat signal and then no one shows up because Blake is training.

"I just like reminding people he's out there."

Doesn't the whole city think Batman just died saving them? When he said that line in TDK Batman was actually out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"