The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marion's Tate scenes were okay and IMO the Talia reveal was one of the best scenes in the movie (arguably the 2nd best acted scene after the Alfred/Bruce goodbye scene). It's too bad her laughable death scene came after and was the last thing people saw of her.

To me personally, the most laughable part of the movie is Blake supposedly taking up the mantle of the Bat. ( if indeed that was what they were trying to convey) I mean, the scene where Banes henchman held a gun to his head, he kneeled and closed his eyes. I feel like someone like Bruce, even in the face of certain death, would never kneel to his enemy and close his eyes. He would probably just stare down his executioner with angry eyes and accept his fate without kneelng to him or even blinking. ( pure speculation on my part of course)
It would have made more sense for him to take up Gordons mantle instead of Bruces. No stealth training plus limited H2h skills= dead vigalante IMHO. Again, nothing against Blake, but he still had alot to learn before he could concievablely take up the life of a vigalante crimefighter. A short montage of him physically training could have fixed this. (I know I'm asking for alot) overall, still a spectacular movie. And yes, Marions death scene was a bit "meh"

Doesn't the whole city think Batman just died saving them? When he said that line in TDK Batman was actually out there.

But is the Batman immortal? Are his methods supernatural? :woot:

The point is what the symbol represents to the people, that this masked guy laid down his life for them. It's instills hope and encourages positive emulation of their hero, hence "a hero can be anyone". It's about inspiring the good in people.

Doesn't the whole city think Batman just died saving them? When he said that line in TDK Batman was actually out there.

But the idea itself of this signal flaring into the sky should be enough to scare anyone who tries to snatch a purse or what have you.

To me personally, the most laughable part of the movie is Blake supposedly taking up the mantle of the Bat. ( if indeed that was what they were trying to convey) I mean, the scene where Banes henchman held a gun to his head, he kneeled and closed his eyes. I feel like someone like Bruce, even in the face of certain death, would never kneel to his enemy and close his eyes. He would probably just stare down his executioner with angry eyes and accept his fate without kneelng to him or even blinking. ( pure speculation on my part of course)

I like the bold.

I like the bold.
I mean, there's no way to know for sure how Bruce would react under similar circumstances, but in the face of danger, The Batman doesn't blink. I mean, Bane was practically forced to break Bruces back because he refused to give up, he was getting destroyed and still kept fighting until his broken back made it impossible to fight back. Even if he couldve beaten Bane, He was still surrounded by Banes militia who were numerous and fully armed. He knew it was a losing battle with insurmountable odds.

I think Bruce fully expected to die in this encounter, hence the "why didn't you just kill me?" question to Bane. He expected to die but still fought on until a broken back made it impossible to do so. Blake, outnumbered and surrounded by armed militia chose not to fight, but to kneel and accept his fate without fighting back. I don't have anything against Blake. His was by far more motivated then his colleagues in the GCPD. But by the end of the movie, he still wasn't ready to be a vigilante just yet. He didn't have the uber willpower Bruce had. Perhaps with a little physical and mental training from Bruce before he left for his extended holiday, it would have been a bit more believable. But I do understand time constraints in a movie this long with this many charecters. Can't show everything. Overall I liked Blake though and loved the movie as a whole

This is off topic, but does anyone know where I can find high resolution photos from Batman Begins? I'm still looking for Fox, Gordon and Falcone.

Went though all three films today in one sitting. I don't know about you guys but I enjoyed TDKR even more.

Went though all three films today in one sitting. I don't know about you guys but I enjoyed TDKR even more.

thats great to hear. Next month me and a group of friends are watching the trilogy on bluray together. ive been trying to save it for then but I cant help going on my ipod and watching them in a mixed way. like rises first, then knight, then begins. love these 3 so much.

I honestly can't see how I could enjoy TDKR even more than I do right now, but watching all three in a marathon style makes the entire trilogy just feel like one special three chapter story of Bruce Wayne. His battle against the mobs, corrupted cops and the League of Shadows.

Just finished watching the entire trilogy; it is truly amazing, but one thing that I think that both TDK and TDKR was the element of fear. Meaning the way the Batman used fear to defeat his enemies.

He was that embodiment throughout the trilogy from possibly being anywhere at once even while Gordon has the bat signal on in the beginning of TDK to using the shadows to his advantage while going after Bane's men in the sewers.

Batman vs Banes thugs in the sewers was one of my favorite parts; dodging automatic gunfire, watching Banes mercs run in terror, reminded me of BB at the docks vs Falcones thugs. Great scene.

He was that embodiment throughout the trilogy from possibly being anywhere at once even while Gordon has the bat signal on in the beginning of TDK to using the shadows to his advantage while going after Bane's men in the sewers.
Gordon looking around after touching the repaired bat signal in TDKR conveyed this aura and feeling very well, too.

Why does that one thug try to help Stryver cross the ice? He tells him to follow the thick ice and not to swim. He even looks disappointed when Stryver doesn't make it. Was he trying to help Stryver, or was he just telling him what to do. What was the deal with that guy? Obviously his role in the movie was really more so for exposition, but what do you think that character's intentions were? Was he trying to help Stryver or was he just telling Stryver what to do?

I think he had a bet that he would make it. Must've lost some money from that.

There's a chance of that. Or he leads Stryver to believe that's a thick section of ice and isn't on his side at all.

Good point. There are also people in the background swapping money after he falls in.

Because of the reveal, subconsciously we would want Talia to die a horrible death. And that's what we got. :oldrazz:

I think it's also possible the guy advising Stryver had sympathy for him. To represent someone who joined Bane's revolution but sort of realizes how out of hand it is, but is in way too deep to change sides.

Or, could have been the bet thing too.

It would have made more sense for him to take up Gordons mantle instead of Bruces. No stealth training plus limited H2h skills= dead vigalante IMHO. Again, nothing against Blake, but he still had alot to learn before he could concievablely take up the life of a vigalante crimefighter. A short montage of him physically training could have fixed this. (I know I'm asking for alot) overall, still a spectacular movie. And yes, Marions death scene was a bit "meh"

Yeah basically for the movie not to end. There's nothing that implies that once given a super awesome secret hideout and available resources that Blake does not seek out the necessary training.

They sold the bleak vibe in those scenes. People walking across the ice, falling in and freezing to death. Onlooking guards with guns right there to shoot you anyway. And when Blake's ally emerges from the manhole, is shot and 'Tealc' throws the grenade down. They were in charge, until Batman came back.

Yeah basically for the movie not to end. There's nothing that implies that once given a super awesome secret hideout and available resources that Blake does not seek out the necessary training.

This is very true. Although, it is implied that he doesn't get to train with Bruce after Bruce fakes his death. Further training with Bruce would have benifit him tremendously, but yeah, I rectify this in my mind by using my imagination and basically imagine him traveling for a bit and seeking out teachers and trainers to toughen him up a bit.

It didn't ruin the movie for me or anything. Just an afterthought.

And yes, I realize I am basically asking for a never ending movie. Illogical and impossible, but a guy can dream right? Lol.

I'm doing it hardmode: No TDKR scenes on YT and no BB/TDK until Christmas morning when I get TDKR and do my marathon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"