The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a few times where he's posted on his facebook fan page that he will block anyone for bringing up some controversial thing (My mind is blanking on it).

One thing about I am curious about Jett -- he wasn't always like this. He was once an enthusiastic Bat fan who liked to see its cinematic career revived like you and me. Certain circumstances slowly led to him becoming an optimistic supporter of Nolan, to an unabashed lover of his films, and then to a near militant defender of his work (beyond any shame or show of hypocriticism), or at least his Batman work (does he like any other Nolan?). Now that Nolan's trilogy is over, now that a newer version of Nolan free Batman is looming on the horizon, will Jett ease off on his Nolan trance? Will he slowly concede that Nolan's Batman isn't the end all be all of (Bat) cinema and give the new films a chance, or will he refuse to even give it credit because it's not Nolan's Batman? Will old Jett the Batfan beat out Jett the religious Nolanite that he later became? Reversing his character development back to just a Batfan? I wonder.

In my honest appraisal, I think he will be supportive of the next Bat-filmmaker as long as they approach the material with the right reverence. He has stated multiple times now that now that Nolan's series is over, he's going to get back in touch with the "roots" of BOF. and just lobby for more good films. More good Batman films is in his best interest (more traffic for his site, premieres, press events etc.), so he'd be shooting himself in the foot to root against them. He already seems to be slowly easing on his anti-Justice League stance now that the film has become an inevitability.

I wouldn't be surprised if he continues to review Nolan's movies though, as he is definitely a fan of his other work.

He wants Nolans movies to end with TDKR and he's up for a more fantastical batman reboot as long as it's done right. Good writers, a director who isn't copying Nolan but doesn't make it goofy. I have to agree with him. Even though i wouldn't mind if Nolans movies continued.

I remember a few times where he's posted on his facebook fan page that he will block anyone for bringing up some controversial thing (My mind is blanking on it).

Yeah... Batman Returns.

l590Z.jpg

All I know is that Batman News 2.0 is going to make the current Batman News design look like it's from 90s ;) Coming next month if all goes well!

Dude I've just seen your site for the first tine and its awesome.

I (surprise, suprise) said I still preferred Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman to Nolan very good but ''neutered'' version of the character. Not to mention it was all in a civil conversation.

He called me stupid and removed me.

:o

:o that is shocking, how pathetic is that?

One thing about I am curious about Jett -- he wasn't always like this. He was once an enthusiastic Bat fan who liked to see its cinematic career revived like you and me. Certain circumstances slowly led to him becoming an optimistic supporter of Nolan, to an unabashed lover of his films, and then to a near militant defender of his work (beyond any shame or show of hypocriticism), or at least his Batman work (does he like any other Nolan?). Now that Nolan's trilogy is over, now that a newer version of Nolan free Batman is looming on the horizon, will Jett ease off on his Nolan trance? Will he slowly concede that Nolan's Batman isn't the end all be all of (Bat) cinema and give the new films a chance, or will he refuse to even give it credit because it's not Nolan's Batman? Will old Jett the Batfan beat out Jett the religious Nolanite that he later became? Reversing his character development back to just a Batfan? I wonder.

You know I've just remembered I've sent him a few questions for his mail bag and he's never posted them and on them I disagreed with him that the Dark Knight was the greatest comic book film of all-time. Bet that's why he never posted them lol

It's like I said a page back he was very adamant that he wanted Batman to be an ongoing series like Bond yet when Nolan decided to end his series with the 3rd film he praised how he was so glad Nolan didn't get bogged down with running the series into the ground. He seems to always back track on what he says depending on what the studio goes with.

I am suck if his attitude towards Justice League he's acting like a kid who isn't getting his way, end of the day he might not want JL but there's a lot people who do. If he's so against it he shouldn't buy a ticket. But I bet you any money if its good when he sees it he'll backtrack a d say he was wring to be so against it.

:funny:

Sorry, not laughing at you for being kicked off. I'm laughing at how pathetic Jett is for doing that. What kind of forum bans you for having a preference different to theirs?
It’s really weak and pathetic. He can’t stand the sharing of alternate ideas contrary to his own so he brands it controversial, shuts it down and slaps on a ban. He's the extremist. They're movies. :shakes head:

Last edited:
I don't know who Jett is , but his website sounds like a waste of time. What good is having a discussion if you can't accept alternate opinions.

I remember in the Begins days Jett allowed critisism but after TDK he basically dismissed any negative opinion and told people to f-off.

What's funny is that Jett, when interviewing Nolan for TDK, said something like "this is just like the comics where everything continues" and said he wanted the sequel to TDK to end with Batman's vindication and his continuing adventures. Now, we did get the vindication, but Batman's career(at least Bruce Wayne's) is over. So TDKR isn't exactly what Jett wanted for the series, even if he does say it's the best Batman movie.

WOW are you telling me..Nolan rebelled against the ultimate fan...the one who controls his every decision ...Jett?

Seriously though, I think "fan influence" only matters for a film the size of (for example) Begins or Hellboy or Underworld, where serious fans (and word of mouth in the sci-fi/comic fan community) make up a high ratio of who sees the movie. When a movie is as hyped up and big scale as TDK, it attracts enough casual fans that it doesn't matter anymore about pleasing the hard core. Its just a blessing that Nolan did stay true to the comic fans when he no longer needed to.

To be fair, Jett's mind probably changed as did mine. It doesn't make it wrong if he wanted it to continue then when he found out that the story begun 8 years after TDK, he would change his mind and embrace what Nolan did. That's exactly what i did.

Minds change.

It's not his stance on Nolans movies that is bad, it's his stance on Justice League.

Here is my take on TDKR. It was a very good conclusion to the Nolan Batman trilogy. But it was full of plot holes, and several things I just didn't buy, such as the scene where the Cops and Mercenaries have their battle in the streets of Gotham, the "clean slate" device, even or the whole ending for that matter. Bane was a good villain, but if it wasn't for his cool voice, he would be rather unmemorable IMO. The pacing was off, and the editing could have been better; the first chase scene begins during the day, but seconds later it is suddenly nighttime. Seriously?

There were a lot of problems I had with the movie, some nitpicks, others legit complaints. Aside from that, like I said earlier, its a good conclusion to the Nolan trilogy. It was a great experience, and I'm happy we were given some of the best Batman movies we will probably ever see. I am still not happy that Batman only donned the Batman costume for about a year and a half within the three films, but oh well.

My final grade for the film:

8/10

Just so you can compare to my ratings to the other Batman films:

Batman Begins - 8.5/10
The Dark Knight - 9.5/10

Also:

Batman (1989) - 7/10
Batman Returns - 7.5/10
Batman Forever - 3.5/10
Batman & Robin - 2.5/10

What was there to not buy between the cop/mercenary street battle?

And the fact that the mercs are firing assault weapons and only about four cops fall to the ground dead.

And the fact that the mercs are firing assault weapons and only about four cops fall to the ground dead.
Yeah. I don't understand why they had to "Charge" into each other to battle. They had guns, so why didn't they just attack from a distance.

It's best not to think about the awkward execution of the final battle.

Wayne retired his cape and cowl to go fishing :funny:

Well, for one thing, you could see the bullets hitting the ground.

Man, the things some people notice. I've never paid attention THAT closely to count how many people actually fell from being shot or noticing bullets hitting the ground, lol.

Yeah. I don't understand why they had to "Charge" into each other to battle. They had guns, so why didn't they just attack from a distance.

The cops were pretty much the only ones charging and at least in the first part of the battle, they didn't seem like they had any guns on them until later on when they probably took guns away from the mercs.

I always took it that the idea was to ambush the mercs and engage them in a brawl, because they were the better armed side. Once they swarmed in, it would have been hard to fire those automatic weapons without risking a lot of friendly fire.

The mercs were also waiting on Bane's orders to attack, and when he gave the "Open fire" command the cops were about to get blown away with a blast from the cannon of one of the Tumblers.

Man, the things some people notice. I've never paid attention THAT closely to count how many people actually fell from being shot or noticing bullets hitting the ground, lol.
How could you not? Nolan gives us an extended shot highlighting that very thing.
And the fact that the mercs are firing assault weapons and only about four cops fall to the ground dead

They actually had muskets. Duh..

Are you guys seriously gonna nitpick the battle and how they charge at each other now!? Only on the internet. And especially on the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"