The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people want to see "detective skills".

They want to see "Batman's detective skills".

This.

Regarding these WB Batfilms, I've yet to see "The World's Greatest Detective" onscreen.

Last edited:
So it looks like Jeff Sneider got fired.

Is there a thread anywhere here related to the TDKR game? :huh: I tried looking for it, but didn't find it.

I love the fact that Bruce memorized every GC cops face/name.

Don't forget Bruce recognizing the UNTRACEABLE compound that Selina used in the safe to get his prints just by looking at it...c'mon, it doesn't get any more Batman than that...

Polux

Edit

Last edited:
Guys, just wanted a confirmation on something (although it may be obvious):

The world now knows Bruce was Batman after his "death", correct? I figured as much, but people I talk to still believe nobody really knows Bruce was Batman.

And the only people who know Bruce is still alive at the end are Lucius and Alfred (and of course, Selina, who Bruce is already porking)?

The world now knows Bruce was Batman after his "death", correct? I figured as much, but people I talk to still believe nobody really knows Bruce was Batman.

And the only people who know Bruce is still alive at the end are Lucius and Alfred (and of course, Selina, who Bruce is already porking)?

No, what led you to believe this? The only people who know the truth are all present at Bruce's "funeral", the people of Gotham do not know. Hence Blake and Gordon's exchange of: "Nobody will ever know who it was that saved an entire city." "They know who it was; it was The Batman."

Nobody knows that Bruce is Batman except for Coleman Reese, Gordon, Blake, Selina, Alfred and Fox.

Luscious doesn't necessarily know that Bruce is alive, he just knows the autopilot was working.

He might have thought that Bruce just wanted to kill himself.

Luscious doesn't necessarily know that Bruce is alive, he just knows the autopilot was working.

Bruce: "My hair seems too thin."
Lucius: "I have just the thing. With this hair product, you'll have luscious hair in no time."
Bruce: "Can we get it dyed black, too?"

I think that Bruce left some people hints that he was alive.
The autopilot patch on the code for Lucius, the Bat-Signal to Gordon, letting Alfred to find him in the coffee place.

The reviewer says Batman is only referred to as "Batman" or "The Batman" in the films. That's not true. He's also called "The Caped Crusader" and "The Dark Knight" in TDK.

Gordon might have thought that Bruce rebuilt the signal before he died as well.

^The look of wonder and happiness on his face says different.

^^ I loved that bit. I wonder, was Bruce still in Gotham at that time? The reason I ask is, watching the scene, Gordon is reading a file then PING. What sounds like a rock hits the Batsymbol, catching his attention. Did this part take place before he went to Florence and it was just edited there because it made the end montage that much better?

The thought of Bruce throwing rocks at Gordon cracks me up. :funny:

Bruce is last "seen" the day before the Batman/cops vs Bane/mercenaries/criminals war happened, so it is very plausible that a connection is never made(I mean heck, how much guys ended up dying during that entire siege anyways?).

Lucius, I think, would be smart enough to know that Bruce was able to escape The Bat and live after finding out about the autopilot.

Funny, I thought we had to wait for a couple of months for part three.

Hats off to Christopher Nolan and everyone else that made it happen; that brought Batman to life.

:up:

Bruce is last "seen" the day before the Batman/cops vs Bane/mercenaries/criminals war happened, so it is very plausible that a connection is never made(I mean heck, how much guys ended up dying during that entire siege anyways?).

It's weird how many people overlook this. It's a major part of what's going on. They're tearing the wealthy from their houses. This would include Bruce, as far as the public is concerned.

It's weird how many people overlook this. It's a major part of what's going on. They're tearing the wealthy from their houses. This would include Bruce, as far as the public is concerned.

And I doubt they were keeping records of the rich people they were exiling into the ice. 3 months of city occupation puts Bruce's whereabouts under the rug.

Tbh, I find this as unsettling as people just saying Bruce retired as Batman solely because of Rachel dying. They're not tiny details to just overlook, either.

10. “You know the thing about chaos? It’s fear.”

No. The line is:

Joker said:
You know the thing about chaos, Harvey? It's fair.

Fear doesn't make sense when talking to Harvey.

“You know the thing about chaos? It’s fear.”

:doh:

You'd think people would try to know what exactly someone says before they make an article detailing the best Batman cinematic moments.

And...number 1...couldn't have thought of a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"