The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 146

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long Nolan will keep his winning streak up anyway?

I think he's reached a point where even if he hit a dry spell where he released 2-3 consecutive bombs, he'd still have a lot of clout at the studios.

I mean...look how many second chances M. Night has gotten. Nolan is set to do whatever he wants for the rest of his career. And unlike M. Night, he actually has a fanbase.

Not only that, he also most likely killed whatever chances of using his Batverse in JL or WF. :hehe:

Yep, glad he did it. Though I kinda wish he actually left Bruce dead because then there would be ZERO speculation by the likes of Latino Review, etc.

I have no idea how M. Night is still able to direct movies.

I think he's reached a point where even if he hit a dry spell where he released 2-3 consecutive bombs, he'd still have a lot of clout at the studios.

I mean...look how many second chances M. Night has gotten. Nolan is set to do whatever he wants for the rest of his career. And unlike M. Night, he actually has a fanbase.

M. Night, what a cautionary tale that guy is. From the new amazing director on the block to a total joke. It's like he ran out of good ideas.

Yep, glad he did it. Though I kinda wish he actually left Bruce dead because then there would be ZERO speculation by the likes of Latino Review, etc.

I'm fine with the speculations (it'll get squashed eventually) because I really liked that Bruce at least had a happy ending. :woot: It's not my preferred ending but I'm still a sucker for happy endings.

I'm fine with the speculations (it'll get squashed eventually) because I really liked that Bruce at least had a happy ending. :woot: It's not my preferred ending but I'm still a sucker for happy endings.

Yes, it's a conflicted feeling for me. Part of me wishes there was a definitive ending without even a slight crack in the door, but the other part of me loved seeing Bruce smile at the end.

Yes, it's a conflicted feeling for me. Part of me wishes there was a definitive ending without even a slight crack in the door, but the other part of me loved seeing Bruce smile at the end.

The only way that bale will portray batman again is in our minds. The trilogy is a standalone, though I do want another movie. But wb is not going to step on Nolan's toes, he is their MVP at the studio.

I just wanted to say...here's to Batman.

The other guy is about to finally have his moment, and obviously that's very exciting. But there is part of me that can't help but feel like this next stage of the DC Films is all going to be very Superman centric. After all, if it's Justice League we are ultimately building towards here, it makes sense that their leader would be the foundation upon which everything else is built. I'm sure Batman will have an important role to play, but I'm just preparing for him to be the second most important character in that universe.

For me it's a more bittersweet feeling than I anticipated. I've grown up in an era where Batman was just always the cooler character and the one who did all the heavy box-office lifting. If Superman is indeed reclaiming his "throne" as it were, the guy he is inevitably knocking off that throne is our dear Dark Knight. Or at the very least they'll be sharing that throne. And you know what? That's very cool. It's how it should be. It's just weird for me to think we may be heading into an era where Batman is no longer the undisputed top dog. That's how I've always known him and that's how I'll always think of him. He's been keeping the throne warm for Supes for quite some time now.

So, once more...here's to the Goddamn Batman. :ybat::brucebat::batty:

The other guy is about to finally have his moment, and obviously that's very exciting. But there is part of me that can't help but feel like this next stage of the DC Films is all going to be very Superman centric. After all, if it's Justice League we are ultimately building towards here, it makes sense that their leader would be the foundation upon which everything else is built. I'm sure Batman will have an important role to play, but I'm just preparing for him to be the second most important character in that universe.

For me it's a more bittersweet feeling than I anticipated. I've grown up in an era where Batman was just always the cooler character and the one who did all the heavy box-office lifting. If Superman is indeed reclaiming his "throne" as it were, the guy he is inevitably knocking off that throne is our dear Dark Knight. Or at the very least they'll be sharing that throne. And you know what? That's very cool. It's how it should be. It's just weird for me to think we may be heading into an era where Batman is no longer the undisputed top dog. That's how I've always known him and that's how I'll always think of him. He's been keeping the throne warm for Supes for quite some time now.

:up: :hrt:

My excitement for MoS is as much as I can get excited for a Superman movie and I'm very happy that he and his fans are getting their time to shine. But yeah, since Batman is my favorite, I definitely miss all the hype around The Dark Knight last year or the years before that. It's been one hell of a ride. I miss the feeling of knowing that there's a sequel with the cast and crew that you are now familiar with in the works.

I hope they don't go Justice League myself. But, if we get WB/DC focusing on giving one or two characters at a time great trilogies, I think we'd end up with better films in the long run.

It's nice to see Superman (judging from the trailers and what we know) coming back with style and substance. We've had a great ride with Batman and I feel we're going to get a great ride with Superman. It's kind of like the end of The Dark Knight Rises. Bruce is passing on the throne to Superman.

I have no idea how M. Night is still able to direct movies.

He can give up AFTER he gives me Unbreakable 2.

:up:

It's sad to know that DC's going to have a new king in cinema since Batman has held the throne for so long(going way back to '89, in my honest opinion), but Superman NEEDS that spot as he's the king of all superheroes, surpassing just DC. Here's to the Goddamn Batman indeed.

Now if only Bale and Cavill could work together for a World's Finest......

I wish we'd just get a one off, out of continuity, World's Finest with Bale and Cavill in 2016 or 2015.

2016: Far less big movies to compete with
2015: What could possibly beat The Avengers 2 at the box office (presumably it'll at least make as much as The Avengers)? Batman and Superman on screen together. The two most iconic heroes of all time team up against maybe someone like Bane or Riddler or Joker and Brainiac or Lex or Doomsday.

I mentioned it before in a different thread and got flamed for saying it, but I find that a film with the two biggest comic book characters could defeat an Avengers film, critically and financially.

I agree. Have story by Goyer and C. Nolan, have J. Nolan write the script, Zack Snyder directing, C. Nolan producing, starring Christian Bale, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Anne Hathaway and whoever they cast as the villains (knowing the casting this team has done with villains, they'd be fantastic) could beat Avengers. Superman and Batman are two of the most recognizable characters in pop culture (I'd include Spiderman in there as well, FYI). Avengers 2 will still make lots of money but I feel this team would put together a product that would wipe the floor with it critically and the two most recognizable superheroes would pull in more money.

Don't think that WB isn't going to milk Batman for all he's worth now... nothing will change in this regard.

Reboot or otherwise, Batman is still the biggest DC Comics property by far.

Superman may be gaining more prominience, but Batman will still be making ALOT of money. Who knows if this Superman franchise can reach the heights of TDK Trilogy?

Don't think that WB isn't going to milk Batman for all he's worth now... nothing will change in this regard.

Superman may be gaining more prominience, but Batman will still be making ALOT of money. Who knows if this Superman franchise can reach the heights of TDK Trilogy?
Indeed. Batman will always be my favourite comic hero. He's not going anywhere, he's loved. But I am looking forward to MOS. Bring it on.

Here's to Arkham Origins.

Man of Steel only makes me even more excited for the eventual Batman reboot, especially if Snyder is involved in some creative capacity.

This is without a doubt, true. I'm not saying I think Batman is going to fade into obscurity or anything. Just that it will be an adjustment for Batman to have to coexist cinematically with Superman and no longer be the the most powerful hero in his own universe. Then there's also the fact that he'll be coexisting with a Superman who has a fully fleshed out origin story while his will likely be more "assumed"...and I just get a picture of a universe where Batman is more of a cool guest star in someone else's story (at least in a WF or JL film). I could be wrong, that's just what my feelings are at the moment.

And Gotham's Knight, I hate to burst your bubble but it seems this is definitely the direction WB/DC is going in. As long as Man of Steel is a success, I think we're pretty much on the road to a shared universe. Between WB wanting to do this since forever, Snyder acknowledging that the larger DC Universe does exist in Man of Steel, and just yesterday Goyer admitting that he'd love to see a Justice League movie...inevitable is the word I would use.

That said, we may still get a Superman trilogy yet. MoS was enough to finally get WB off their JL for 2015 plan. We could be talking a long ways (and a bunch of movies) down the road before any of this cross pollination happens.

I mentioned it before in a different thread and got flamed for saying it, but I find that a film with the two biggest comic book characters could defeat an Avengers film, critically and financially.

I hope they don't go Justice League myself. But, if we get WB/DC focusing on giving one or two characters at a time great trilogies, I think we'd end up with better films in the long run.

It's nice to see Superman (judging from the trailers and what we know) coming back with style and substance. We've had a great ride with Batman and I feel we're going to get a great ride with Superman. It's kind of like the end of The Dark Knight Rises. Bruce is passing on the throne to Superman.
It's already confirmed last night. Justice League is a go if MOS performs well (which it will) and Goyer is under contract to write it along with MOS 2.

So Goyer's going to be writing Batman in JL, reboot or not.

It's already confirmed last night. Justice League is a go if MOS performs well (which it will) and Goyer is under contract to write it along with MOS 2.

So Goyer's going to be writing Batman in JL, reboot or not.

Source? I heard about MOS2, but not JL.
I really wish they'd give someone else other than Goyer a shot. He's great, but he's not the best and there's no reason he has to write every single DC film.

The problem with the Justice League is, in my opinion, dead weight. Many of its members are too iconic to dispense with, but distinctly Silver Age in feel. Nevertheless, the Avengers have the same problem, and I maintain that Aquaman is potentially more interesting than Thor.

I really wish they'd give someone else other than Goyer a shot. He's great, but he's not the best and there's no reason he has to write every single DC film.
The source is from Deadline. Too lazy to get it right now. But the report was that Goyer has a 3 film deal. Man Of Steel 1, 2 and Justice League.

And Gotham's Knight, I hate to burst your bubble but it seems this is definitely the direction WB/DC is going in. As long as Man of Steel is a success, I think we're pretty much on the road to a shared universe. Between WB wanting to do this since forever, Snyder acknowledging that the larger DC Universe does exist in Man of Steel, and just yesterday Goyer admitting that he'd love to see a Justice League movie...inevitable is the word I would use.

It's not bursting my bubble, I know we're getting a Justice League eventually. After Avengers broke a billion, there was no way DC/WB wouldn't. But, I wish we wouldn't get a JL film because I fear DC/WB would milk it too long and I don't want to be tied to one version of some of the characters (mostly Batman, since I'm most familiar with him). I'd rather see different interpretations of him than see one version on screen for decades. If it was just 10 years or so with a beginning, middle and end, I think that'd be great.

Indeed. Batman will always be my favourite comic hero. He's not going anywhere, he's loved. But I am looking forward to MOS. Bring it on.

Here's to Arkham Origins.

Batman will always be my favorite superhero as well, but BatLobster does make sense in his post in that Batman may not be a huge blockbuster with the reboot(I'm talking about the $1 billion area).

I am certainly looking forward to Arkham Origins too :up:

Bane's design looks amazing...same terrorist platform that resembles TDKR's(and his coat looks like the coat Bane had on when he killed Daggett and when he spoke to Bruce in The Pit) and I like the usage of his "luchador" mask but it looks like all metal.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-sequel-underway-with-zack-snyder-and-david-s-goyer/

EXCLUSIVE: This isn’t exactly a surprise given the hot anticipation and theatrical buzz awaiting Man Of Steel‘s limited opening Thursday and wide release Friday in 4,200+ theaters. But I’ve learned it’s official: Warner Bros Pictures is fast-tracking the Superman reboot sequel with its successful twosome already in place: Zack Snyder reprising as director and David S. Goyer repeating as screenwriter. Goyer’s deal is part of a huge 3-picture deal he signed at Warner Bros for Man Of Steel, the sequel, and Justice League with Superman. What is a question mark next time is the role Christopher Nolan will fill. To reimagine this 3rd Superman franchise, Nolan stepped in as producer and mentor and story co-writer. I’m told that next time Nolan’s producer role won’t be as “full blown”. Hey, he’s busy working on other projects, and now the sequel is on firm footing just as the first’s 3D and 2D grosses start rolling in. (This isn’t a Green Lantern situation all over again: That pic badly underperformed. No way this one will.) Meanwhile, fanboys are speculating who’ll be the villain/s in the Man Of Steel sequel: Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, Doomsday, Darkseid, other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"