• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - Part 152

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_neorm5nqDw1ri54teo1_r2_250.gif
tumblr_neorm5nqDw1ri54teo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_neorm5nqDw1ri54teo3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_neorm5nqDw1ri54teo4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_neorm5nqDw1ri54teo6_r1_250.gif
tumblr_neorm5nqDw1ri54teo5_r1_250.gif

I found this comparison drawing, and thought it to be pretty cool.

70s Batman meets TDK Batman.

10802698_622415221221092_1395483231_n.jpg

You dont buy anything though lol. Why not? Yes, it's a rumor for now, but this is how the Momoa stuff started.

Wait, so you are saying Gordon had the remaining 500 some odd criminals detained the very night Dent died? Without Batman's help? That is next to impossible, unless the Dent Act was erected that very night, and that's even more of a stretch.

We can assume that Gamble's men were already out on the streets and helping Joker. Then we know Joker then had all of Chechen's men that night too helping him. So, once Joker was detained and the rest of the mob leaders died, you have most of the remaining mobsters on the streets that night. All that needed to be done was to quickly capture them. The SWAT would probably do most of the work that night. With the loss of the leaders, they was a lost of financial incentives for the "corrupt" cops, so we can assume they did some of the capturing too. For Maroni, we can assume that his men were later all captured a following days later.

It's a great drawing of The Tumbler, but Batman looks odd, for some reason. I think it's because he's all shadowy lookin, and everything else is clear as day.

It looks like Terry Mcginnis on top of the tumbler. I love it.

It's a ridiculously good drawing of the Tumbler.

So...what are everyone's thoughts on the Jared Leto/Joker rumors? For me it's kind of a "wow I can't believe I never thought of that myself" thing. I think he'd be great.

Also, I would love to be able to say that Batman brutally murdered The Joker with an axe while listening to Huey Lewis and The News. :funny:

Yeah i never thought of it myself and im annoyed at that haha. I think it's genius.

Bale's Batman snapped and couldn't take Batflecks Joker. He could handle Ledger, but that Leto was just too damn much.

I'm down for Leto. I think he's a great actor.

Not a fan of his music, though. But of course, that doesn't matter.

Same here about 30 Seconds to Mars. For some reason that Kings and Queens song of theirs seems to get used trailers and it cracks me up every time. It was used for Snyder's Owl movie, and I think Hugo as well.

Even though I don't like his band, I do think the "rock star" vibe he brings would be good for the character.

Interesting Catwoman design there. Do I see whiskers on her mask?

From Empire's interview with Bale: :funny:

“I’ve got to admit initially, even though I felt that it was the right time to stop, there was always that bit of me going. ‘Oh go on….let’s do another.’ So when I heard there was someone else doing it, there was a moment where I just stopped and stared into nothing for half an hour. But I’m 40. The fact that I’m jealous of someone else playing Batman…I think I should have gotten over it by now. I haven’t spoken with Ben, but I emailed him offering bits of advice that I learned the hard way. I would imagine he is doing everything he can to avoid doing anything that I did.”

As a reaction to a previous version, it's super important to change things up as Batman while still remaining dark. So the voice is where Ben needs to detach himself.

That quote is a bit sad for me though. Honestly, it's such a mixed feeling i get. Because i know Bale would have had to sign on for like 4 films, and some of these films (like with Marvel) are bound to be bad. Even if they're solo films from other characters, it's still the same universe.

But the fact that Christian is admitting that he wasn't always like how he's been in the press the last two years. You know, that cool reaction of "well, i was never gonna do it anyway! We're done remember? Im happy they're moving on, it doesn't matter who's in the cowl". That makes me a little sad. Because he had a jealous moment where he was probably like damn, im not playing Batman anymore, and i really could if i made some calls. Which we all know would have been legit if he just picked up his phone. WB at that time would have thought twice.

But Affleck is so perfect for this type of Frank Miller, sci-fi, shared universe. It's just so perfect that i couldn't even see it at first.

Sometimes i think about the announcement of Bale returning to put on Snyders grey and black suit, full-on Dark Knight Returns style...to combat Superman. It was a cool thought. But Ben fits the suit better. And i simply get more excited to see new interpretations of Alfred, Gordon and the Joker.

"Oh go on, let's do another". I wish that could have happened though. Without other superheroes.

If the current DCCU remains the same level of quality as MOS, then Bale was right to leave.

If the current DCCU remains the same level of quality as MOS, then Bale was right to leave.

Exactly I'd rather remember his time fondly and wish for more, than wish he'd of stopped before they tried connecting lousy movies to his Batman world that's already been created.

Me too. I liked MOS but didn't love it. I have a lot of problems with it, and i dont see some of the future solo films like Shazam, Flash or Cyborg doing any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"