• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 153

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the shot in this trailer a bit better than the one in Rises. Darker skyline, higher up, and I like how Batman seems to be hugging that pillar.

Say, what happened to all the praise of how "realistic" MOS is compared with Donner and Marvel because Superman isn't immediately accepted by society almost immediately after he shows up? And he's more than just "accepted" here, they already have statues of him and soldiers bowing down to him.

Also, did the Batplane just shoot a missile at some dude on the street? Granted Nolan and Burton deserve some criticism from that as well, but it's never been portrayed as "Miller-y" to the same extent as in that shot.

Darker skyline works better with the tone of BvS, if the trailer is anything to go by.

I have no idea how to read Miller. Is he trying to do like Alan Moore and point out how dangerous superheroes would be in real life, or does he genuinely believe in his take on Batman's mission and methods?

Don't worry, the Batwing is shooting rubber missiles.

Like I was saying, there definitely seem to be visual references to the Nolan trilogy, that overlooking the city shot just being one of the noticeable ones in this teaser. That's not to say he's just aping it, this movie clearly has a crazy style of its own too.

It makes sense honestly, Snyder is a visual artist, he chases after that iconography. And in addition to the comics, the movies are a part of that iconography as well, that visual history of the character- especially with the GA audience. I mean this is the guy who spliced in a few frames of Christopher Reeve's face in MoS.

Say, what happened to all the praise of how "realistic" MOS is compared with Donner and Marvel because Superman isn't immediately accepted by society almost immediately after he shows up? And he's more than just "accepted" here, they already have statues of him and soldiers bowing down to him.

I don't know if you saw the entire leaked teaser or not, but it's heavily focused on voiceover dialogue of people praising, questioning, and berating Superman. It then draws a large amount focus on the "FALSE GOD" graffiti someone painted on that statue.

Judging by all of that, along with the shot of the kneeling soldiers (which could very well be from the end of the film for all we know), it should be more than clear that the public's reaction to Superman is mixed thus, and far from wide-reaching acceptance. In fact, it seems that the people are turning on him.

I liked the shot in this trailer a bit better than the one in Rises. Darker skyline, higher up, and I like how Batman seems to be hugging that pillar.
That's a given. Snyder is a more natural visualist.

Im still not sure if it's a normal jet or Batman's. But it's probably his since every shot is Batman at that point in the trailer, one after the other.

I don't know if you saw the entire leaked teaser or not, but it's heavily focused on voiceover dialogue of people praising, questioning, and berating Superman. It then draws a large amount focus on the "FALSE GOD" graffiti someone painted on that statue.

Judging by all of that, along with the shot of the kneeling soldiers (which could very well be from the end of the film for all we know), it should be more than clear that the public's reaction to Superman is mixed thus, and far from wide-reaching acceptance. In fact, it seems that the people are turning on him.

Not necessarily. The first half of the trailer is people saying he's potentially too dangerous while Superman is shown to be worshipped by the public. You hear chanting in the background, see people reaching out to him, kneeling in his presence, him among a crowd receiving his statue. That's not to say he doesn't have his skeptics, but it's nowhere near being at the level of controversy it was supposedly meant to be at according the hardcore MOS fanbase who specifically argued "Superman wouldn't realistically have a statue so early". Well, clearly the municipal of Metropolis - a governing figure - accepted him to the point of giving him a statue.

Not necessarily. The first half of the trailer is people saying he's potentially too dangerous while Superman is shown to be worshipped by the public. You hear chanting in the background, see people reaching out to him, kneeling in his presence, him among a crowd receiving his statue. That's not to say he doesn't have his skeptics, but it's nowhere near being at the level of controversy it was supposedly meant to be at according the hardcore MOS fanbase who specifically argued "Superman wouldn't realistically have a statue so early". Well, clearly the municipal of Metropolis - a governing figure - accepted him to the point of giving him a statue.

And the trailer explicitly makes it clear that not everyone would agree with that decision, since the statue is defaced and will possibly be destroyed, if the set pictures are any indication of what will happen. The city of Metropolis giving him a statue for saving their city and Superman having supporters does not equate to widespread acceptance, as is evidenced by the trailer. Also, in real life, it's not uncommon for various governing bodies to do things or make decisions that prove to be controversial for many others. I'd assume this is no different.

Beyond that, we don't exactly know the interim of time that has passed between the final events of MOS and the start of this film. Based on what we've heard, at least a year or two has passed, which would have likely amounted to at least a year of Superman performing heroic acts across Metropolis, slowly earning the trust of the public before they are possibly turned against him further by Lex Luthor or something that happens in BvS. You are almost making it sound as if MOS ended and construction of said statue began immediately.

Pretty much everything that was displayed in this initial teaser indicate a natural progression of a post MOS-world, or at least I didn't see anything that indicated otherwise.

Last edited:
The chanting sounds like "No more ???". I'm assuming that's from the anti-Superman rally.

Also, I like the bridge shot in Rises more. The cape billowing more, the more sweeping shot, the heroic stance. Nice attempt though Snyder. :oldrazz:

Also, I like the bridge shot in Rises more. The cape billowing more, the more sweeping shot, the heroic stance. Nice attempt though Snyder.

I was surprised at how little the cape was billowing in Snyder's version. Considering the fact that he loves dat billowing cape and uses CGI capes because of that.

As for the panorama of the pan, well, it was a brief snippet. Maybe the actual shot is just as enveloping as Rises'.

I'm half-kidding anyway, the visuals are obviously the thing I'm least worried about for this movie, and there is some pure sex in that teaser.

As for the robo-Batvoice...I seem to be falling on the side of being not crazy about it at the moment. Peter Weller has almost defined the DKR-style Batman to me to the point that I just want to hear that kind of delivery when I see the old and crusty Batfleck. I feel like this is kind of OTT in a different way than the Bale-voice, but still a bit much. I don't know, it's only one line, so I need to hear more. To me, it sounds like it's going for a more "evil" sounding Batman, which does make some sense if he's more of an antagonist in this movie.

I do think it's funny how everyone is hearing different things though.

Voice is awesome and growing on me more. Im convinced it's not his main voice. It sounds more like Peter Weller speaking into a voicebox that makes his voice sound evil and robotic.

I hope his regular Batman voice is pure Boston Affleck.

Finally saw it at work this morning. This film looks bleak as hell. I'm so glad the DCCU is sticking to their guns with keeping things more dark and "realistic" than what Marvel is doing. I love, love the tone and vibe of this film. And if they really sell Batman as the heel then this film can really go somewhere in terms of plot and character development. But this is Zack Snyder we are talking about.

I love the idea and execution behind the voice. I'm just hoping Batfleck has more of a gravelly/deeper voice for his regular Batman voice. Just a hint of something to make it more distinguished from his Bruce Wayne voice.

I still couldn't care less about the Justice League film at this point. I just want this film to focus more on Batman and Superman's conflict, with some hints and future setups for the eventual Justice League film thrown in.

I still couldn't care less about the Justice League film at this point. I just want this film to focus more on Batman and Superman's conflict, with some hints and future setups for the eventual Justice League film thrown in.

That's what it seems like it will be. To me, at least. :up:

I can't imagine how they're going to pull off Justice League. It's too far away anyway. I dont like thinking of movies that are 4 films away. I come up with an idea then i have to forget it because it's so far down the road and anything can change. It's only 2 and a half years away but 3 movies are on the way.

Now the big rumor is that it's John Stewart for sure as Green Lantern. That's a very interesting lineup if you put the 7 together in your mind with how dark and badass they look. It honestly looks like a team of villains. Aquaman and Batman look straight up evil :hehe:

Woah woah woah...Jack, you want a DEEPER voice than that? It already sounds much deeper than Bale's to me.

I swear, this truly is the next white/gold black/blue dress phenomenon...everyone is hearing like polar opposite things. Hahaha!

Anyone who doesn´t get this from the trailer is in pure denial.And i don´t even get why. It´s mostly Marvel fans. It´s like they´re bothered with the chance that this movie might be a little more realistic from the society´s standpoint than Marvel´s movies.

Anyone who doesn´t get this from the trailer is in pure denial.And i don´t even get why. It´s mostly Marvel fans. It´s like they´re bothered with the chance that this movie might be a little more realistic from the society´s standpoint than Marvel´s movies.

I agree with your point about what's obvious from the teaser, but you should tone it down with the anti-Marvel talk in many of your posts. You'll wind up getting banned for it sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"