• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 153

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, this truly is the next white/gold black/blue dress phenomenon...everyone is hearing like polar opposite things. Hahaha!

That's exactly what I said.

Since the full thing leaked, I'm hearing a bit of Pee-wee Herman's vocal tone in there.

It just sounds like Jigsaw or The Reverse Flash.

Woah woah woah...Jack, you want a DEEPER voice than that? It already sounds much deeper than Bale's to me.

I swear, this truly is the next white/gold black/blue dress phenomenon...everyone is hearing like polar opposite things. Hahaha!

No no no, I mean deeper than Ben's natural speaking voice, lol.

The robotic voice he's got in the mech suit is fine as is.

That's exactly what I said.

Since the full thing leaked, I'm hearing a bit of Pee-wee Herman's vocal tone in there.

:funny:

No no no, I mean deeper than Ben's natural speaking voice, lol.

The robotic voice he's got in the mech suit is fine as is.

Ohhhh, ok gotcha. Cause yeah, I was really starting to think this voice was some sort of audio Rorschach test haha. But I do think it's still pretty interesting how different people are reacting to it. Just goes to show everyone has their own specific ideas about Batman.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty spent from getting both the new Star Wars and BvS trailer. One might say that my body wasn't quite ready.

Audio Rorschach test, lol. That's too funny.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty spent from getting both the new Star Wars and BvS trailer. One might say that my body wasn't quite ready.

Audio Rorschach test, lol. That's too funny.

I'm spent too. But not because of the trailers.

But the video that made me spent is about the same duration of the two trailers put together.

Did you save enough energy to see Paul Blart 2? :oldrazz:

Guys, IMDB has the trailer in HD. You can hear a bit of Ben through the robotic voice now.

Yeah, WB released it about an hour ago.

Oh man, If that is indeed a Bat-jet then Batfleck is going full on Batman Returns by shooting up some thugs, lol.

Oh and is that the Riddler's trademark question mark on one of the pillars in the scene before the first shot of the Bat-Jet?

Just read the BVS thread, and a disturbing number of people seem to think Nolan is responsible for MOS' cinematography.

Yeah, the guy who Cavill said he never saw on set, the guy who Snyder said left him alone actually wasted his time tampering with MOS' colors.

Are people this stupid or are their mental faculties being disturbed by fanboyism?

it was Snyder's decision to hire Amir Mokri and to shoot the film in Cinema Verite style. Nolan had nothing to do with. Nor do his films look like MOS. Which is another disturbing, baffling comment I've read.

Wait, Really? If anything one thing I love about Nolan films is that the visuals whiles being beautiful are very natural and not too stylish. I don't remember any of his films having very washed off colors with a bunch of green screen. If that was the case the Ra's al ghul flashbacks in Rises wouldn't have popped out like they do.

Well Nolan did suggest the whole "false god" thing to Synder, in regards to the Superman statue, in order to add a real world feel of a society turning their backs on a God. It actually originally stemmed from TDKR where Bane says "You have been supplied with a false idol".

I don't remember any of his films having very washed off colors with a bunch of green screen.

That's the thing. They don't. They absolutely don't. Compare MOS to TDK or Rises, they look nothing alike. But plenty of people recklessly say MOS' cinematography is "nolanesque" without any rebuttals.

Well Nolan did suggest the whole "false god" thing to Synder, in regards to the Superman statue, in order to add a real world feel of a society turning their backs on a God. It actually originally stemmed from TDKR where Bane says "You have been supplied with a false idol".

Source?

You know...I actually think Batfleck might be a little TOO "teh puffy" for me.

I mean, he looks ridiculously badass, but at the same time I've always preferred more traditional drawings of Batman than the Miller-TDKR one.

This is not a dealbreaker at all, for me the biggest takeaways from the teaser are the tone and themes it established. I've never been one to let nitpicks get in the way, but yeah...I do prefer a more ninja-like Batman to ginormous Batman.

You know...I actually think Batfleck might be a little TOO "teh puffy" for me.

I mean, he looks ridiculously badass, but at the same time I've always preferred more traditional drawings of Batman than the Miller-TDKR one.

This is not a dealbreaker at all, for me the biggest takeaways from the teaser are the tone and themes it established. I've never been one to let nitpicks get in the way, but yeah...I do prefer a more ninja-like Batman to ginormous Batman.

Well in the real world a more say, Bruce Lee body, would totally wreck the guy who is overly muscular. Especially if the guy knows martial arts, but we gotta see how Batfleck is going to throw down first.

Ideally, Bale was perfect for how fit Batman should be, at the very least. So I'm not bent out of shape with Affleck's the puffy. :woot:

Solo Batman on his own sure, but i think we need a gigantic Batman since they're doing the older bulky Frank Miller version. And he needs to be this way since Cavill's Superman is huge and even friggin Aquaman is massive.

Solo Batman on his own sure, but i think we need a gigantic Batman since they're doing the older bulky Frank Miller version. And he needs to be this way since Cavill's Superman is huge and even friggin Aquaman is massive.

This pretty much sums it up.

I'd love to watch BvS, be put into cryosleep during the whole Justice League stuff, then be awakened for a solo Batman film, directed by and starring Mr. Affleck.

:woot:

Oh man! I would be OK with that but i don't believe Affleck will do it. He's in my top 3 or top 5 for directing it but not my main choice. To me the logical thing for WB to do is ask Ben first, and ill bet anything he declines due to other projects. The next choice is probably David Ayer since he's building so much of this Gotham City. Half a dozen Bat-related characters will be written by and directed by Ayer (Joker, Harley, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Hugo Strange, Killer Croc, Arkham Asylum). So this would depend on the success of Suicide Squad. The third choice could be anybody and so i vote Denis Villeneuve. He's on a roll, he's incredible, he's moving into sci-fi territory by directing a film with Amy Adams next year as well as Bladerunner 2 the year after.

Others on the shortlist could be Rian Johnson (Looper, Star Wars Episode VIII), Chad Stahelski and David Leitch who did John Wick (imagine the fight choreography and look).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"