The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 156

I hope he pulls through. A lot celebs have died of cancer recently.

Superhero Rewind: The Dark Knight Rises Review

[YT]AECcEPEeQnY[/YT]

It's an hour and 15 minutes long.

Superhero Rewind: The Dark Knight Rises Review

[YT]AECcEPEeQnY[/YT]

It's an hour and 15 minutes long.

Really great analysis. I don't agree with every point made but me agreeing with it is secondary to me admiring the amount and depth of thought that's put into it.

Robin John Blake only becomes The next Batman and not any other person because the movie clearly states that and he rises at the end with the title of the dark knight rises if you think it's open for interpretation then I'm sorry to say that you are clearly wrong. Its not called nightwing or robin rises it's the dark knight rises. You don't build up the Batman symbol in all 3 films to become something else for Gotham it's only Batman.

Robin John Blake only becomes The next Batman and not any other person because the movie clearly states that and he rises at the end with the title of the dark knight rises if you think it's open for interpretation then I'm sorry to say that you are clearly wrong. Its not called nightwing or robin rises it's the dark knight rises. You don't build up the Batman symbol in all 3 films to become something else for Gotham it's only Batman.
You're right. I used to argue a lot that he was Nightwing OR Batman. That it was open. But it's possible that i just wanted to make this universe carry on in my head with a possibility that a director can bring Bruce back at some point. I was saying this stuff mainly at a time when we weren't sure if Bale was returning for Snyders shared universe or not. Now that i've let this trilogy sink into my mind, i can agree with you.

Ill say one thing though. There's room for Blake to train and to debut as a Nightwing-esque character before he puts the cowl on. Even if it's just for the first week or the first couple of months to get used to his surroundings, while building a proper batsuit. But yes, the idea is that he becomes the next Batman.

The reason why im siding with your opinion now is because Blake is not Dick Grayson (it could be a different story if a sequel were to happen revealing that his parents were indeed the Graysons and his name was changed by the government due to witness protection/foster care). But for what we have to go on as of now, he's not Dick. So he shouldn't evolve into Nightwing. He's not Jason Todd, so he shouldn't evolve into the Red Hood. He's his own Robin, who becomes Batman, in that world.

You're right. I used to argue a lot that he was Nightwing OR Batman. That it was open. But it's possible that i just wanted to make this universe carry on in my head with a possibility that a director can bring Bruce back at some point. I was saying this stuff mainly at a time when we weren't sure if Bale was returning for Snyders shared universe or not. Now that i've let this trilogy sink into my mind, i can agree with you.

Ill say one thing though. There's room for Blake to train and to debut as a Nightwing-esque character before he puts the cowl on. Even if it's just for the first week or the first couple of months to get used to his surroundings, while building a proper batsuit. But yes, the idea is that he becomes the next Batman.

The reason why im siding with your opinion now is because Blake is not Dick Grayson (it could be a different story if a sequel were to happen revealing that his parents were indeed the Graysons and his name was changed by the government due to witness protection/foster care). But for what we have to go on as of now, he's not Dick. So he shouldn't evolve into Nightwing. He's not Jason Todd, so he shouldn't evolve into the Red Hood. He's his own Robin, who becomes Batman, in that world.

Cool. I started to have the idea from people that he might become something because some are so passionate about their case which is great but I always thought he'd become the next Batman anyway. It all just points to that. Batman lives on. I always thought that people might also think that it's not the same Batman who reappeared after 8 years in tdkr under the mask. It didn't matter if it was or not. Its the bat symbol so blake taking over seems logical too as Batman. Some might even think Batman might of died within those 8 years and it's someone else. Just thinking that's all.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/140345114909/batmobile-through-the-years

tumblr_o3en6aDuR91rrkahjo2_540.gif

tumblr_o3en6aDuR91rrkahjo1_540.gif

tumblr_o3en6aDuR91rrkahjo3_540.gif

tumblr_o3en6aDuR91rrkahjo4_540.gif

tumblr_o3en6aDuR91rrkahjo5_540.gif

tumblr_o3en6aDuR91rrkahjo6_540.gif

^^I always had a soft spot for the "Batman Forever" Batmobile, even though the 89/92 Batmobile is more iconic.

I still love the way Nolan/Pfister depict the speed of the tumbler. Look at Kane's post, look at how all the other vehicles (including Snyder's) are shot really smooth and steady. While the Tumbler is shot as if the camera can barely stay afloat to capture it.

Yeah, I'm going to miss the more visceral feeling of watching the Tumbler in action. Overall, though, if I'm ranking Batmobiles:

66 > Tumbler > Burton > BvS > B & R > BF

Arkham Knight Batmobile didn't do it for me. I miss the sleekness that the car had back in the Burton/B:TAS days, but the BvS one seems like a nice compromise.

I don't think it's a particularly memorable design, to be honest.

The AK Batmobile stirs up too many memories of frustrating gameplay :fst:

Whoever designed the Arkham Knight Batmobile probably worked with BvS. They look too similar to not be a coincidence.

Wow...he wanted his Batman persona to be even more extreme. It's probably a good thing that didn't happen, considering he got so much flak post BB.

Wow...he wanted his Batman persona to be even more extreme. It's probably a good thing that didn't happen, considering he got so much flak post BB.

extreme in terms of what exactly? the voice is the only thing I can think of that people didn't like

I agree with Bale though, there were certain elements of the character that he definitely could have nailed but came up short

That's really interesting to hear Bale say that. I appreciate his brutal honesty, even though I'm personally a big fan of what he brought to the role. Just goes to show how demanding he is of himself.

Bale's a cool dude.

Actors are often their own worst critics. And to be fair saying he didn't quite achieve what he wanted is not a terrible criticism to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"